Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

WSJ: FBI took 11 sets of classified docs from Mar-a-Lago, including some at highest classification level

The FBI recovered 11 sets of classified documents from its search of Mar-a-Lago earlier this week, including some materials marked as "top secret/SCI," The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The newspaper reported that FBI agents removed about 20 boxes from former President Donald Trump's resort and residence in Palm Beach, Florida -- including binders, sets of classified government materials, photographs and at least one handwritten note.

Federal agents reportedly seized one set of "top secret/SCI" documents, the highest level of classification. Agents took four sets of "top secret" documents, three sets of "secret" documents and three sets of "confidential" documents, the lowest level of classification, the Journal reported.

It's not known what these classified documents were specifically about.

Among the items taken from Trump's resort was a document about pardoning Roger Stone, a staunch Trump ally who was convicted in 2019 of lying to Congress during its probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election. (Trump pardoned Stone before leaving office, shielding Stone from a three-year prison term.)

It's unclear how the Stone-related document seized during the search is tied to the broader criminal probe into Trump's potential mishandling of classified materials.

During the search, FBI agents also recovered a document about the "President of France," according to the WSJ report, which didn't provide other details about the document.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

Breitbart claims to have the warrant (and it sure seems like they do), but they are not releasing the whole thing, they are giving their own summary of it.  Even though their "summary" is a just a list of reasons why the DOJ and the judge are nefarious and Trump is totally right here, they do state that, among the items listed on the FBI's inventory is "Item 2A says it contained “Various Classified/TS/SCI documents.”

If you aren't familiar, "TS/SCI" stands for Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information.

Edited by PleaseBlitz

These seem to be the relevant parts of the espionage act:

(d)Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(e)Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(f)Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

This seems extremely apropos right now

I’ve thought that several times already and always been wrong. Fact of the matter is he isn’t losing a single follower from this and the cult leader won’t be punished if enough people don’t gaf.

Former WH Press Sec Ari Fleischer on Fox News just now:

”DOJ has really put itself in a box here and I don’t know how they’re gonna get out of it”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I’ve thought that several times already and always been wrong. Fact of the matter is he isn’t losing a single follower from this and the cult leader won’t be punished if enough people don’t gaf.

I think he meant it in context of the investigation itself, but I feel you

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Former WH Press Sec Ari Fleischer on Fox News just now:

”DOJ has really put itself in a box here and I don’t know how they’re gonna get out of it”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I somewhat see his point.  DOJ has put themselves in a box.  The only way out is to indict.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Secret Service watchdog suppressed memo on January 6 texts erasure

Top career officials at the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) office of the inspector general (OIG) tried to alert Congress in April that Secret Service texts from the time of the January 6 Capitol attack had been erased, but their efforts were nixed by its leadership, documents show.

The officials inside the inspector general’s office – the chief watchdog for the Secret Service – prepared a memo that detailed how the Secret Service was resisting the oversight body’s review into January 6, and delayed informing it about the lost texts.

But after the memo was emailed to the DHS inspector general Joseph Cuffari’s chief of staff, its contents were never seen again, and the disclosure about the erased text messages was never included in Cuffari’s semi-annual report to Congress about oversight work.

The revelation shows that the Secret Service only admitted texts from January 6 were lost months after they were requested by the inspector general’s office, and that Cuffari might have violated federal law in not reporting the matter in the report to Congress.

As noted in the memo, obtained by the Project on Government Oversight and reviewed by the Guardian, the Inspector General Act of 1978 required Cuffari to report “significantly delayed access to information, including the justification of the establishment for such action”.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I mean, I somewhat see his point.  DOJ has put themselves in a box.  The only way out is to indict.  

Completely agree.   Even if they had good reason for doing what they did, if they don't indict this whole thing will be seen as politically motivated.

Disagree - if they don’t indict then that’s the part that’s politically motivated. 

cause if I had those documents they’d raid my house while I’m here so they be sure they get me in cuffs and then I’d never see my children again and rot in prison. 

but this guy may never even get charged simply because they’re concerned what 30-40% of the general public may do if he is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Disagree - if they don’t indict then that’s the part that’s politically motivated. 

cause if I had those documents they’d raid my house while I’m here so they be sure they get me in cuffs and then I’d never see my children again and rot in prison. 

but this guy may never even get charged simply because they’re concerned what 30-40% of the general public may do if he is. 

I'm with you, but slippery part is he was in a position to declassify the documents so it might be difficult to prosecute, unfortunately.