Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

14 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

These last few comments are an example of the only sliver of hope I have for our society. 

99% still that we all start killing each other though.

Until you realize that MAGAts are just repackaged TeaBaggers who are just repackaged Moral Majority ****wits. 

😁

Almost my entire adult life has been dominated by christofascists running the GOP. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Until you realize that MAGAts are just repackaged TeaBaggers who are just repackaged Moral Majority ****wits. 

😁

Almost my entire adult life has been dominated by christofascists running the GOP. 

Yea.  Even back in the days when I considered myself a Republican, I always found I agreed more with what they said their goals were vice what they actually did.  Finally hit a breaking point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

😁

That is true but not until the really the tea party and then especially maggat movement did it get that much mainstream acceptance among republicans. It started the all my way or no way at all, even if it burns is all down. It's thed scorched earth appraoch that is newish. 

I think you are ignoring the poison of 24 hour news willing to publish any dirt. How many people know that  before Obama,  there was only one president who never cheated on his wife? It wasn't considered news worthy. BTW, the one was Carter who only "lusted in his heart." Lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I do wonder though if society becoming more progressive the last 30 years has made these MAGA/TP/MM jackasses more abhorrent? The racism, bigotry, and sexism was always there..but it was a different time with different ideals..so now they stick out more? 

Ugh. Had many opportunities but bit my tongue. Look, I know you’re not going to agree or want to hear it, because I’ve seen what basically the consensus is here on direction of country over the years…

It always makes me chuckle when I read it,  because I can’t possibly figure out how one arrives to the idea, that this country has been more conservative or pulled right over the years. 

I’ll be brief with one example to get to the point: legalizing gay marriage wasn’t even a thing 20 years ago. Obama didn’t change his mind and support it until his second presidential campaign. That’s 2012. 10 years ago. Society and government has become more progressive over the years. There are tons of examples. Watch what’s on tv, what music/movies are about. It’s the inherent long term trajectory of the country - moving away from the way we did things to fix the problems that were made. 

but the point is that this is absolutely a reaction to that. 

In fact you’re seeing the end of it. You know why they act like clowns and tell silly, east to prove lies? Cause they don’t really have anything left. This is all they got. 

the irony is that it’s not sustainable, and while they did this they alienated a lot of people that they will need when they course correct. Of course people have incredibly short memories so this probably won’t be an actual issue. And because of the way democrats/liberals are, they’ll eagerly welcome a chance to support a sane Republican Party president it’s open arms 

Years ago in the gun control thread I said something like  - I don’t understand why they republicans won’t come up with gun control ideas, because refusing to do nothing will eventually lead to enough pissed off people the dems get the power to do what they want. I thought it was counter productive - if you hate the idea of the rules, why the hell would you just cede the chance to write them yourself…

but counter to what many say around here often - to me we’re watching the last days of the Republican Party. I don’t know how you get from here to sane, appealing party. Something significant has to happen first. 

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Ugh. Had many opportunities but bit my tongue. Look, I know you’re not going to agree or want to hear it, because I’ve seen what basically the consensus is here on direction of country over the years…

It always makes me chuckle when I read it,  because I can’t possibly figure out how one arrives to the idea, that this country has been more conservative or pulled right over the years. 

Isn't that what I said? Society has gotten more progressive and the GOP hasn't followed.

Edited by The Evil Genius

30 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yep. Republicans already making ads scaring seniors about Medicare.

****ing trash ass liars!!  So tired of that garbvage. I keep getting hit with ads about how Warnock and the liberal democrats are spending away giving money to ski slopes and the arts. They are also trying to tie the Covid 19 paymentsd to inmates that happened under both trump and biden all on the inflation bill. But the truth never matters to these ****ers.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

****ing trash ass liars!!  So tired of that garbvage. I keep getting hit with ads about how Warnock and the liberal democrats are spending away giving money to ski slopes and the arts. They are also trying to tie the Covid 19 paymentsd to inmates that happened under both trump and biden all on the inflation bill. But the truth never matters to these ****ers.  

Agree, the ads against Warnock are not at all truthful.  I can count at least 3 lies in every single one. 

But the attack ads against Walker are spot on, and all he can manage is a two-line ad about how he's trying to unite us.  (**** off, all the way into the tunnel, dumbass.)

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I hope everyone will read Heather Cox Richardson's Letter from an American today where she warns that Republicans will, if they take one or both houses of Congress, throw the country into default by not raising the debt ceiling if Biden's programs aren't repealed.

In comments, a reader asked her what she thought of Biden's administration so far. Her response below.

"Astonishingly good. Not only has he rebuilt NATO and expanded our alliances around the globe, but also he has passed truly major legislation to rebuild the country. I will admit I had very little hope he would accomplish anything, and without Ossoff and Warnock he wouldn't have managed much domestically. But even then, his foreign policy would have been astonishing. I reread his acceptance speech for the nomination the other day, and was shocked that he has accomplished almost everything he promised (no daycare and eldercare). That jumped out to me because I remember at the time thinking "Yeah, right. The same speech every presidential candidate gives and then never delivers," so rereading it was a surprise."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1