Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

I like to keep going back to (and updating) this data. 

Job growth, per month, thousands:  

Biden:  626

Trump:  -50

Trump, first three years:  185

Three years prior to Trump:  220

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I realize it’s anecdotal as the bulk of my connections are in the mortgage industry, but it sure doesn’t feel like a prosperous time for job seekers by the looks of my LinkedIn.

It’s incredibly depressing to see the amount of posts from folks several months into being jobless, that have put in hundreds of applications, only to receive very little interest.  Many of them aren’t solely holding onto hopes to stay in the mortgage industry but are branching out to other industries where the skills are transferable to no avail.

Oh, no doubt merely looking at the "total jobs" numbers covers up a lot of those pesky details that are really important to real people. 

I am a bit pissed seeing Democrats upset with the student loan forgiveness.  You never see GOP kneecap tax cuts.  OMG... we put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class working people.  It was a drop in the bucket but we are going to act like it is insanity.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Here's what I'd suggest. From what you related you have gone thru a major shift in perspective. IMO that's the biggie here, not the ****storm we've all been slogging thru but you and your perception of what's happening and your place in it. It doesn't invalidate anything you experienced before, it just puts it in a different and broader context. Don't try to figure out the world, work on figuring out you.

When you learn to stop seeing everything in a binary good-vs-evil/ right-vs-wrong /up/down /left/right way you'll start to see that it's ALL more complicated and scary and beautiful than you realized. You cannot jettison your upbringing, review in a newer context. You cannot simply clothe yourself in some new iteration of yourself, wear what feels comfy and real. 

Personally I like to use the metaphor of photography. Anyone can push a button, not everyone can make art with a camera. The exact same location with different times of day or lighting becomes otherworldly but that doesn't negate yesterday's pics, they're all an expression of that one part of your back yard. You move thru life and in doing so you add parallax, increase your baseline and get more information from the same dataset over and over. Those fading snaps from childhood are still "real", you've just learned to define "real" differently.....better.

If nothing else, the conspicuous change from what was to what is for you now ought to be a reminder that everyone else is going thru, and just maybe you'll have some reflexive compassion for their situation- without knowing any of the particulars. We're all in this together no matter who doesn't want to accept that.

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I wanted to take a second before replying, but that’s a deeply profound and unexpected reply.  Appreciate it.  Screenshot saved.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I wanted to take a second before replying, but that’s a deeply profound and unexpected reply.  Appreciate it.  Screenshot saved

That's what you get when ole guys smoke weed

You've been warned 😁

• Haha 5

For 4 years it was "whatever triggers the libs" now that they're getting a taste of their own medicine and getting constantly triggered the Maga crowd doesn't like that too much.

Half my Facebook feed is memes from my conservative friends about how their various loans identify as student loans.

I gotta be honest I'm kind of enjoying watching the snowflakes melt.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

For 4 years it was "whatever triggers the libs" now that they're getting a taste of their own medicine and getting constantly triggered the Maga crowd doesn't like that too much.

Half my Facebook feed is memes from my conservative friends about how their various loans identify as student loans.

Lol that’s actually kinda funny, for ONCE.

• Haha 1

Hey, hey hey!! Watch what they say... not what they do.  

For example, I think Matt Gaetz says that Democrats are blood drinking pedos who love getting their women pregnant and having abortions like its a hobby.  

What he does on the other hand..  welp... it will shock you!

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

shocker lol

3F457FB8-2455-44EC-B1DC-D8210F9FEA69.jpeg.f12190906b292d0ba6587764354dfb5e.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, redskinss said:

The twilight-zone moment is when you realize they were the snowflakes the whole time.

• Thumb up 1