Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

1 minute ago, Number 44 said:

Simple reason:  Dollars.  (Pounds.)

Oh yeah I get that for the league, me as a fan, watching the team in London, that’s a bit meh if I’m being honest. Surely the buzz is being there, in the actual place the team play.

Probably in the  minority again with that view, but Washington in London, really is kind of half arsed excitement to me....:bye:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope, we play @ Falcons in 2021, so that would be an away game. We’d still have all our 8 home games and 9 away games 

Here's hoping that 2016 awful tie (thanks to Hopkins) keeps this team out of the running for the London game next year.

Edited by SAli457180

34 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Here's hoping that 2016 awful tie (thanks to Hopkins) keeps this team out of the running for the London game next year.

I don’t know, i think that was one of the more competitive London games, and with Washington supposed to be better this year, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

i enjoy the London games, especially having a game on at 9:30 here on the east coast. Not something i get to experience often :) 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t know, i think that was one of the more competitive London games, and with Washington supposed to be better this year, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

i enjoy the London games, especially having a game on at 9:30 here on the east coast. Not something i get to experience often :) 

I guess I'm more of a traditional fan and like the 1 PM start and will take an actual road game instead of the weird neutral field at Wembley stadium in front of people who probably don't know much about American football.  

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I can honestly say I hate the concept of overseas games. Even being from England, the team playing overseas to me is strange. I would hate that as a ‘home’ fan. Don’t get it, no way is it the same for the team. Maybe I’m too old fashioned, don’t buy the concept...

Having flown around the world several times, I can assure you that losing 5 hrs is not the end of the argument about the impact of London games.  That amounts to far more disturbance over the course of a week than one would think. All people handle it different, so those teams suffer losing a day or two, which carries weight into the following week.  But it's all about the money, expanding the brand.  Has nothing to do with fairness or health & safety. 

• Like 1

For those of you who like to play the strength of schedule game.

Here’s the full breakdown of the NFL’s strength of schedule in 2021:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bills-2021-strength-of-schedule-ranks-in-the-bottom-half-of-the-nfl/ar-BB1dwW4A

(Note:  Bills will play WFT for their 9th Home game.)

1. Pittsburgh Steelers: 143-111-2 (.563)

2. Baltimore Ravens: 142-112-2 (.559)

3. Chicago Bears: 141-114-1 (.553)

4. Detroit Lions: 138-116-2 (.543)

5. Cincinnati Bengals: 138-118-0 (.539)

6. Minnesota Vikings: 137-118-1 (.537)

7. Las Vegas Raiders: 134-120-2 (.527)

8. Green Bay Packers: 133-122-1 (.521)

9. Cleveland Browns: 132-122-2 (.520)

10. Houston Texans: 132-124-0 (.516)

11. Jacksonville Jaguars: 129-126-1 (.506)

12. Los Angeles Rams: 129-127-0 (.504)

T13. San Francisco 49ers: 128-127-1 (.502)

T13. New York Jets: 128-127-1 (.502)

T15. Los Angeles Chargers: 126-128-2 (.496)

T15. Arizona Cardinals: 127-129-0 (.496)

T15. Seattle Seahawks: 127-129-0 (.496)

T15. New England Patriots: 127-129-0 (.496)

T19. Tennessee Titans: 126-130-0 (.492)

T19. Kansas City Chiefs: 125-129-2 (.492)

21. Carolina Panthers: 124-131-1 (.486)

22. Washington Football Team: 123-131-2 (.484)

T23. Buffalo Bills: 123-133-0 (.480)

T23. Denver Broncos: 122-132-2 (.480)

25. Atlanta Falcons: 122-133-1 (.479)

26. Miami Dolphins: 122-134-0 (.477)

27. New Orleans Saints: 120-135-1 (.471)

T28. New York Giants: 118-136-2 (.465)

T28. Indianapolis Colts: 119-137-0 (.465)

30. Dallas Cowboys: 115-139-2 (.453)

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 115-140-1 (.451)

32. Philadelphia Eagles: 115-141-0 (.449)

** Subject to change pending 17-game season in 2021.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That was 2013, but yeah. We jumped out to a pretty early lead, i believe, and then things went downhill after halftime 

Yea that's right. I was on top of the world for three quarters, then they scored 31 in the fourth. 

Edited by Stadium-Armory

5 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

I'm surprised WSH only has the 22nd strongest schedule. With AFC West, and AFC East/NFC divisions winner, I figured WSH have odds against them.

Broncos, Raiders, Falcons, Panthers, Chargers, Eagles twice, Giants twice.  Meh. Not particularly scary IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJD2 said:

We should start hearing some rumors on schedule. Usually start seeing some of the bigger games drop early April with full release prior to the draft.

They aren’t releasing the schedule until May; after draft. They want to see where the Top picks go; so they can showcase them.

The Falcons have already announced they'll host a non-divisional home game in London this October, so that's either the WFT, Lions, Patriots, Jets or Eagles.

Atlanta Falcons Plan to Travel to London in October

It would also be at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium (not Wembley), which was specifically designed to host both NFL and English Premier League games. I would strongly consider going if it ends up being the WFT

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

The Falcons have already announced they'll host a non-divisional home game in London this October, so that's either the WFT, Lions, Patriots, Jets or Eagles.

Atlanta Falcons Plan to Travel to London in October

It would also be at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium (not Wembley), which was specifically designed to host both NFL and English Premier League games. I would strongly consider going if it ends up being the WFT

It will probably be the Pats.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 9:26 PM, SAli457180 said:

I guess I'm more of a traditional fan and like the 1 PM start and will take an actual road game instead of the weird neutral field at Wembley stadium in front of people who probably don't know much about American football.  

I've slept on this but do now feel I need to make a comment. What makes you think the fans at Wembley are any less knowledgeable than the average American fan? Following the NFL in Europe takes commitment and the majority of fans take the game very seriously. These aren't brain dead idiots that cheer when their team are on offense or don't know the difference between Offensive or Defensive PI. I know fans of the game that go to all three/four games. Personally I will only watch the Redskins/WFT but each to their own.

I get the neutral venue comment of course, although I thought they did a good job of making the Bengals home field advantage as strong as possible.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, DJD2 said:

We should start hearing some rumors on schedule. Usually start seeing some of the bigger games drop early April with full release prior to the draft.

My guess is we get three national TV games. I could see Sunday Night vs. Tampa and Thursday Night against a division rival(likely won't be Thanksgiving, since Dallas plays an AFC team this year on that day). Monday Night could be against anyone.

If we win the division with this 2021 schedule, this team could be in for a truly special 2022 season. Look at these good QBs we play in 2021: Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Justin Herbert, Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott x2, and to a lesser extent Matt Ryan and Derek Carr. Luckily we don't have Drew Brees from a few years ago with this schedule, otherwise it would have been him as well. 

We did pretty well against Russell Wilson last year, but their strategy was to establish the short passing game. Brady, on the other hand, absolutely shredded us and exposed our pass defense, proving we had a potential crack in our armor. The staff is most definitely aware that the strategy most teams are going to adopt will be to establish the short passing game against us, I just hope we obtain the players that can defend against this. 

We improved by upgrading from Darby to Jackson, but if we want to hang with the big boys and be able to stop them from shredding us, we have to be able to cover the pass on all levels. There are so many good passers in the NFL now that a single weak link can be easily exposed. There are 3 things I question with our pass defense currently: Can we find a LB that can cover? Can we depend on Jeremy Reaves to stop the deep pass? Lastly, can Kendall Fuller hold is own on the outside in M2M coverage? 

I definitely got the vibe from Rivera's most recent press conference that M2M is going to be used a bunch more this year on defense. I think we need one or two more players that specialize in this area. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, Stadium-Armory said:

I live in Colorado and am pumped the WFT are coming to Mile High. Last time they were here was 2012 (RG3). 

I.was there in 2005..joe gibbs...I traveled from alaska to idaho to Colorado for.that game.

22 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

When I look at our schedule I see fear in the eyes of the other teams....Who wants to deal with Chase Young and Fitzmagic? 

Chase young montez sweat aaaaaaaaand fitzmagic 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughhh but but but......i want to know the schedule NOW!!!! they can’t even announce preseason opponents either? Come the **** on roger!!

No big deal.  They want to see where the Top picks get drafted; so they can adjust the schedule accordingly.  The NFL will want to showcase those top picks on national TV; especially the QBs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No big deal.  They want to see where the Top picks get drafted; so they can adjust the schedule accordingly.  The NFL will want to showcase those top picks on national TV; especially the QBs.

I understand the reasoning, I’m just impatient and love schedule release night 😂 

• Haha 1