Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

To be fair, the person who headed up the committee in the House was from Pennsylvania.

Ultimately, I think it ends up on the RFK site. NIMBYs will always complain--they complained about Nats Park. I am sure they complained about Cap One/Verizon Center/MCI/Etc. Billionaires usually get what they want.

Usually, not always, see Ted Leonsis. 

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Usually, not always, see Ted Leonsis. 

That's why I said usually. There are exceptions. However, I don't think he was ever actually going to go to VA. I think it was a big ploy to get money out of DC. But that's my tin-foil hat conspiracy.

This is also where Mitchell Railes and Mark Ein come into play--they are known for DC connections and influence

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's why I said usually. There are exceptions. However, I don't think he was ever actually going to go to VA. I think it was a big ploy to get money out of DC. But that's my tin-foil hat conspiracy.

This is also where Mitchell Railes and Mark Ein come into play--they are known for DC connections and influence

Time will tell. As someone who owns a house on the 1700 block of Independence SE I am certainly interested in these developments.

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Time will tell. As someone who owns a house on the 1700 block of Independence SE I am certainly interested in these developments.

Similarly to the property values by Nats Park--they should skyrocket in that area.

59 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

JP Finlay said on radio today that a lot of construction is going in at Commanders Park. I wonder what renovations they're making.

This is what was announced in Feb:

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-announce-significant-upgrades-to-stadium-bringing-targeted-investments-to-more-than-75-million-under-new-ownership

At some point there was also mention of a big scoreboard on top of the stadium to replace the existing ones, but not sure what the timeline is on those

On 5/14/2024 at 11:34 AM, hail2skins said:

This is what was announced in Feb:

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-announce-significant-upgrades-to-stadium-bringing-targeted-investments-to-more-than-75-million-under-new-ownership

At some point there was also mention of a big scoreboard on top of the stadium to replace the existing ones, but not sure what the timeline is on those

Interesting. Though I think JP was referring to to the Ashburn facility.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, Jumbo said:

Keep in mind that it's very easy to touch on politics on this matter, and that's an eternal and serious no no. I just removed such a post from viewing.

You may have to work at it to make sure you abide by the rule that no sociopolitical or political content is in your post, inc. any article you're quoting, but the alternative is a potential temp ban. 🥺

We don't want that. Thanks for helping us on this.  

On 5/13/2024 at 7:22 PM, Andre The Giant said:

On 5/13/2024 at 7:47 PM, spjunkies said:

Fine, just build the damn thing next to the current place. I'm so over this garbage. 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:58 PM, Renegade7 said:

Speechless...I thought the logo was racist...now we need to honor the folks who made that were *checks notes* Native Americans?

Sure, I'm fine with not to get it done, but because they do deserve it and if they insist on this it will be interesting how history looks back on this whole matter down the road.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:46 AM, RVAskins said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wbgv4e5sy9lon1efi2t

Y'all better check yo selves before Jumbo wrecks yo selves. 

And ATG, that's TWICE you posted that in the Stadium (Jumbo already hid the other one) so don't be all shocked if gives you a time out. 

There's still time to edit yo selves if you care to.....

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The grandson is not making demands. He thinks “it would be cool” if the logo his grandfather created was used in throwback uniforms abd things like that. 

The senator is grandstanding so he can claim to be fighting for the native Americans in his state so maybe he can get them to vote for him and he doesn’t give 2 ****s how it impacts the people who live in and near DC. 

Edit. It’s not clear to me if a topic about the team’s stadium but with a political overlay belongs in this forum or the tailgate. Happy to follow the mods’ direction here. 

Tailgate because political and societal issues are creeping into discussion and don’t belong here; even though this is about the new stadium.

Someone should just create a thread in the tailgate.

”Political/Societal Issues related to new stadium.”

I would edit that before Jumbo gets hangry.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Someone should just create a thread in the tailgate.

It is my understanding that the moderators do not want any new threads on this subject in any forum.

They have said that if and when the time comes when the subject is relevant again they'll start a thread. 

• Like 1

@PleaseBlitz and anyone else still "not exactly sure" about the policy of absolutely ZERO political or sociopolitical comments in the stadium:

(I removed your post from view, PB. :cheers:)

Its simple enough, yet not easy for even some smart people. 😛

There's can be a big difference between simple and easy. 👍

PB's post, for instance, had several politically-themed comments that others could take off on and extend the matter.

Everyone just read the damn sticky thread that's been up there for two fracking years. 😁 

The policy has been a thing literally for decades.

I.E., if you find yourself "needing" to make a comment about a senator, and offer a characterization regarding senatorial behavior, then---omg---you're bringing politics into the matter.

Everyone just read the words in the sticky thread that address the political/sociopolitical issue. It even says if you aren't sure 

what you want to say is ok, then don't say it.

Rocket science. 🚀 🤖👽😛

Added: as redskinss mentioned, in regards to discussion of team name or logo changes, because we went through two years of multiple threads that quickly generated into endless reddit-like braindead uber-repetition of "thoughts" that became perpetually bogged down with garbage content much more than any kind of useful discussion, we closed them.

If something real happens related to such, that might change things, a mod  will start that thread. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Rocket science. 🚀 🤖👽😛

All of that presumes that I read the Stadium enough to be aware of policies that are not in the official forum rules, which I don’t. 

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

All of that presumes that I read the Stadium enough to be aware of policies that are not in the official forum rules, which I don’t. 

You're not obliged to openly report your shortcomings to the group.

But your willingness to share is just one reason you're so beloved by all. ❤️

The rules and guidelines page included the directive to post what's proper content for each forum and the descriptions of what's appropriate for each forum ARE rules.

And we can only hope anyone who has spent years posting on the internet, and specifically here, won't miss noting  sticky/pinned threads with staff notices or warnings at the top of a forum. It's kind of a common thingy with such forums for decades. 👹

And now, back to our regular programming.😛

588.jpg.1408e701e6495f609064758bbe478bc7.jpg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@lavar1156

My guess is training facility in general because Washington finished dead last in the league player survey-- training room and weight room specifically could be two of the areas targeted for construction because both rooms Training room have been cited as "not large enough" for individual work, cold tub space and hot tub space.

I know last summer, they built a 2,000-seat bleacher viewing area on the practice fields to accommodate fans, but they might be doing additional similar work this summer in another part of the Ashburn facility. Perhaps a covered area that is raised to make it easier to see training?

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ignorantia juris non excusat. :) 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1