Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

So now the coach that should be focused on taking the team to the Super Bowl is consulting on frigging drapes and paint colors.  

🤦‍♂️ 

I mean why not?

Doofus Dan already has the coaches going over game film and stuff with season ticket holders. I'm so sure that pro football coaches are really excited about all that crap!

Is it a theme park or a football team? Nobody knows?

• Sad 1

Snyder should save time and money and just wheel out a collapsible structure to Dumphries or wherever that’s built out of plywood and recycled aluminum and held together with roofing nails and gorilla glue that looks like a megasized box when closed and expands into a small covered stadium capable of holding the 10,000  or so suckers fans willing to waste their Sunday’s on a multi-hour snail paced trek on the worst section of highway on the east coast just to watch their team not make the playoffs year after agonizing year.

That way when we finally get competent ownership he can wheel his stadium and his billions away into the graveyard of obscurity where he rightfully belongs

image.gif.24d8e811b3d0c9d5d5422bc4c83e1194.gif

I can just imagine Tanya saying “Ta daaa!” at the grand unveiling to the sound of crickets.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

I am sure many have already said it, but the traffic going down that way is already ridiculous. I have had an ongoing joke with friends for years that Virginians like to drive to that area just to sit in traffic. People in that region wake up and say, "We're going to hang out in the traffic today." 

Adding a stadium and all the fixings around it does not sound appealing at ALL. This will be a miserable experience every single weekend for everyone involved. Very on brand for this regime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IrepDC said:

I am sure many have already said it, but the traffic going down that way is already ridiculous. I have had an ongoing joke with friends for years that Virginians like to drive to that area just to sit in traffic. People in that region wake up and say, "We're going to hang out in the traffic today." 

Adding a stadium and all the fixings around it does not sound appealing at ALL. This will be a miserable experience every single weekend for everyone involved. Very on brand for this regime. 

It's one of the most moronic highway setups in the entire country. It goes from 5 lanes + some express lanes, down to 2 or 3 lanes before getting to Fredricksburg. It's basically a preplanned stopped up toilet bowl and it's been that way forever both ways coming from Williamsburg and Petersburg area too. 

Hey, let's put an NFL stadium and some extra **** right in the middle of that!!!

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, IrepDC said:

Yeah and traffic along the stretch of I-95 through Prince William County is worse on weekends than it is on weekdays, especially in the afternoon. It’s the main north/south interstate corridor on the east coast, so everyone on a weekend trip from Canada to Florida and everywhere in between has to travel through there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Some of those new stadium renderings are precious!

Like this one from Redskins Bizarro land!

image.png.80019ac717a6ea8e234688babe4214f7.png

It's like some fugging nightmare, man... I mean, where TF is his face??

image.png.b7346664552896aa4d4389891fe1faef.png'

But then, that's been what it's like as a Redskins fan all these years.

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like how they're saying...OH ITS WOODBRIDGE NOT DUMFRIES!!!

Like it's exponentially better.  Man, I'm all in on Woodbridge now.

As someone who grew up in Woodbridge… there’s nothing to do there except drive on 95 to anywhere else, but my gosh it IS exponentially better than Dumfries.

I'd prefer that the Va. legislature further adjust that support figure down from $350M to zero. If Dan wants to build his giant Commanders-logoed toilet bowl in Woodbridge or Dumfries or Appomattox Courthouse, fine, but not on my dime. If the league won't force him out, then I'd prefer him gone from the area altogether. I'm done with him.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

just curious, but if it’s translucent, how is it going to hold sound in? If we ever get a good football team again and actually get a crowd, dont we want the competitive advantage?

Of course, this could be Dan giving up on our team getting good and knowing that opposing teams are going to take over and he wants the sound out of the stadium so our offense can work.

Wait, who am I kidding? Dan doesn’t think that far in depth, unless it’s rip off customers so he can obtain more money. 

Doesn’t matter what the stadium looks like, you’re still going to get stale peanuts and pretzels. 

On 5/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Burgold said:

If I thought Snyder was dumb before this takes the cake. Doesn't he know the field goes INSIDE the stadium?

I have to say the building design behind the field reminds me of that room in Armageddon...lol

"Can they physically survive the flight...that's all I'm asking!"

"Personally...I don't know how they survived the tests"  

77299192_a5262fd166_o.jpg

73934913_ScreenShot2022-05-23at4_25_44PM.png.99600affe070c064736bbd525c14682d.png

33 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

For the record,  I think this picture is new headquarters / training facility with a practice field outside.  Not at all related to the stadium itself. 

Don't get in the way of the jokes! ;)

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, petey hodge said:

It's like some fugging nightmare, man... I mean, where TF is his face??

image.png.b7346664552896aa4d4389891fe1faef.png'

But then, that's been what it's like as a Redskins fan all these years.

How about those backwards numbers though? Gotta love the way they designed the render. It isn't just those 2. It's everyone. Whoever uploaded it just reversed the directions and decided THAT'S the finishing touch

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1