Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/where-will-new-washington-commanders-stadium-be-built-washington-football-stadium-plans-sneak-peek/65-40e4bcac-ea32-4be0-af86-0f34133e49a7

Internal documents reveal potential locations of Washington Commanders new stadium

“Now, never-before-released documents obtained through a source close to the Washington Commanders stadium project that were reviewed by WUSA9 reveal the three potential sites where a Commanders stadium could be built in the Commonwealth.”

“Master Plan Site A, Site B and Site C.

Site C is roughly 29 miles from downtown D.C. in Sterling, Virginia. According to that plan, the stadium would be built on the site of Loudoun Quarries in Loudon County.

Site B is about 26 miles from downtown D.C. in Prince William County.  The location is right off I-95 in Woodbridge, accessible by Telegraph Road and commercial and residential streets.

The most surprising of Virginia’s three potential stadium sites is known as Site A, and it sits about 35 miles from downtown D.C. in Dumfries, in a Prince William County development known as Potomac Shores.“

A bunch more info at the link above

10 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/where-will-new-washington-commanders-stadium-be-built-washington-football-stadium-plans-sneak-peek/65-40e4bcac-ea32-4be0-af86-0f34133e49a7

Internal documents reveal potential locations of Washington Commanders new stadium

“Now, never-before-released documents obtained through a source close to the Washington Commanders stadium project that were reviewed by WUSA9 reveal the three potential sites where a Commanders stadium could be built in the Commonwealth.”

“Master Plan Site A, Site B and Site C.

Site C is roughly 29 miles from downtown D.C. in Sterling, Virginia. According to that plan, the stadium would be built on the site of Loudoun Quarries in Loudon County.

Site B is about 26 miles from downtown D.C. in Prince William County.  The location is right off I-95 in Woodbridge, accessible by Telegraph Road and commercial and residential streets.

The most surprising of Virginia’s three potential stadium sites is known as Site A, and it sits about 35 miles from downtown D.C. in Dumfries, in a Prince William County development known as Potomac Shores.“

A bunch more info at the link above

I label these as Stupid Master Plan Site, Stupider Master Plan Site, Stupidest Master Plan Site.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/town-talker-dan-snyders-quest-112639247.html

interesting tidbits:

• Regarding Virginia, "he said it's too far away," the official said.

• During Vincent Gray's mayoralty, Snyder privately floated spending $2 billion on constructing a new stadium at the site if the city covered underlying infrastructure, Gray and a former high-level official say.

• Roadblocks in the District include opposition from the neighborhood surrounding RFK and council members resistant to spending taxpayer money for a sports team

• Snyder's troubled relationship with Congress — stemming from workplace investigations and sexual harassment allegations — means lawmakers aren't moving anytime soon to give the city more control over the federally owned RFK site. That's a precondition to any stadium deal.

• And the afternoon after he met with Snyder at his home, Virginia state Del. Adam Ebbin says he received a mobile alert from the Washington Post. The Post had just reported Snyder attempted to interfere in an independent investigation of his team's workplace, claims that Snyder's attorney denied.  “That gave me a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth”, says Ebbin

more at link

Ya know..... Stafford County Virginia has a plot of land next to their airport which Lego land was going to put a theme park in. They bailed due to traffic. However the HOV has been installed and the airport is right next door for teams land at. ;) 

Travel time would be 39 min from DC. Not that bad technically. 

Edited by VRIEL1
  • Like 1

Move it near in northern VA , heck move it near Richmond.  You all had your chance in DC and you didn't show up haha 😉 time for Virginia/Richmond and the surrounding area to show support...and yes we know the team hasn't been good in a long time and Dan sucks...but look at Detroit they suck as bad if not worse and they show up to support the team 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

I look at it like this.... it's been in DC for a long while. The team moved to MD and it's been there for a long while. How do you claim it's a team for the metro area yet your not going to move it to Virginia for a while? Virginians are just supposed to bite the bullet and do ALL the traveling? I think not. 

Here's a better idea.... leave it in MD and let Virginia get their own NFL team. ;) It can be in Richmond for all I care but atleast then Virginia would finally have a team. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, VRIEL1 said:

I look at it like this.... it's been in DC for a long while. The team moved to MD and it's been there for a long while. How do you claim it's a team for the metro area yet your not going to move it to Virginia for a while? Virginians are just supposed to bite the bullet and do ALL the traveling? I think not. 

Here's a better idea.... leave it in MD and let Virginia get their own NFL team. ;) It can be in Richmond for all I care but atleast then Virginia would finally have a team. 

I don't like anything you've just said. Please leave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If they build in VA, its got to be the Dulles location.  It makes sense if you want to make it not just a stadium but an entertainment complex.  You have to have quick metro access, major road access, and the location next to the airport for travelers is huge.  If you are going to built it out of DC you are going to expect to lose some of the MD/DC crowd, so you have to make it as convenient as possible for everyone else to get to.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:34 AM, VRIEL1 said:

Ya know..... Stafford County Virginia has a plot of land next to their airport which Lego land was going to put a theme park in. They bailed due to traffic. However the HOV has been installed and the airport is right next door for teams land at. ;) 

Travel time would be 39 min from DC. Not that bad technically. 

That may be 39 minutes no traffic going 100mph. I feel like normal commute would be an hour and a half or more.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, Koolblue13 said:

I use to pass 2 other stadiums to go see the Maryland football team that use to be the Washington Redskins play.

Atleast that stadium is 3-4 miles from the district and not 35 miles from

the district 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:18 PM, mbws said:

Foxborough is an hour from Boston on non game days. 

I'm just saying they seem to be ok with that. I live in NY so I have no skin in where they choose to put it. 

The location is not the problem as much as it is the stadium.  I would take a new modern stadium on that site before one 35 miles west.  No question.  

I would rather them be in D.C. before either.

• Like 1