Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Now is this an agreement for Dan's studium or a football studium in general? It one thing to agree  to put a studium up they may want to have a bid out there before dc or Maryland to get the Commanders to move there.Does this bill disappear if Dan is no longer the owner of the Commanders? 

It didn’t stipulate anything w regards to ownership.  It was specific to the Commanders.  

They did knock down (along party lines) proposed amendment to the bill saying they wouldn’t move forward prior to more information regarding the allegations against the current owner.

iE:  they don’t give a **** about the ower

10 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

It didn’t stipulate anything w regards to ownership.  It was specific to the Commanders.  

They did knock down (along party lines) proposed amendment to the bill saying they wouldn’t move forward prior to more information regarding the allegations against the current owner.

iE:  they don’t give a **** about the ower

The state of Virginia did? That nice but his problem is on the federal level. I suspect the 31 teams will have sponsors colluding against him in the next couple of months. At some point the owners will want to cut there losses with this guy. It needs to play out.

The state of Virginia may want the team but that does not mean they want Snyder. That deal will be there for the next owner. Which hopefully we get sooner or later.

Edited by Redskins 2021

16 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The state of Virginia did?

Not sure to which statement you are referring but regarding the proposed amendment:

On Friday, Simon tried to insert language saying the bill wouldn’t take effect until the NFL releases the results of Wilkinson’s earlier investigation.

Simon’s amendment failed on a 46-51 vote

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2022/02/14/virginia-lawmakers-reject-efforts-to-tie-football-stadium-deal-to-commanders-probe/

I love this quote:  ““This is a business transaction. We didn’t investigate Jeff Bezos when we did a deal with Amazon,” state Sen. Chap Petersen (D-Fairfax City) said during a committee hearing last week.”

Good old Chap.  At least he’s saying it out loud.

To the funding part:  “A bipartisan push to build a stadium and massive complex in Northern Virginia to bring the Washington Commanders to the commonwealth passed the House Monday. On Tuesday, the state Senate voted to approve its version of the bill.”.   

They are both different versions of “ let’s find a way finance the stadium built in Va” 

https://www.wric.com/news/politics/capitol-connection/a-look-at-where-bills-stand-at-the-virginia-general-assembly-sessions-midpoint/amp/

Edited by stoshuaj

17 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Not sure to which statement you are referring but regarding the proposed amendment:

On Friday, Simon tried to insert language saying the bill wouldn’t take effect until the NFL releases the results of Wilkinson’s earlier investigation.

Simon’s amendment failed on a 46-51 vote

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2022/02/14/virginia-lawmakers-reject-efforts-to-tie-football-stadium-deal-to-commanders-probe/

I love this quote:  ““This is a business transaction. We didn’t investigate Jeff Bezos when we did a deal with Amazon,” state Sen. Chap Petersen (D-Fairfax City) said during a committee hearing last week.”

Good old Chap.  

To the funding part:  “A bipartisan push to build a stadium and massive complex in Northern Virginia to bring the Washington Commanders to the commonwealth passed the House Monday. On Tuesday, the state Senate voted to approve its version of the bill.”.   

They are both different versions of “ let’s find a way finance the stadium built in Va” 

https://www.wric.com/news/politics/capitol-connection/a-look-at-where-bills-stand-at-the-virginia-general-assembly-sessions-midpoint/amp/

Ok they want to build a stadium. They want the Commanders there. That does not mean Snyder will be the owner of the team. That does not mean the stadium will be there. 

They are making an offer. It's a good offer who ever the owner is may take it. That does not mean DC will not make an offer or Maryland. There a very good chance stadium is in NO VA no matter who owns it.

If the team changes hands I suspect DC will make an offer but  I don't think it will use tax money to build stadium. I suspect the investigation of Snyder will take about 90 days. If anything comes out you will see him suspended and the big sponsor will pull out make the owners vote him out. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

11 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Ok they want to build a stadium. They want the Commanders there. That does not mean Snyder will be the owner of the team. That does not mean the stadium will be there. 

Correct,  I didn’t say “will” to anything.  I said I “think” it’s a big old nothing burger (pretty sure that a quote) and they have shown that they don’t care about who the owner is or isn’t. 

Yes, I don’t “think” Snyder is going anywhere. 

Edited by stoshuaj

30 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Correct,  I didn’t say “will” to anything.  I said I “think” it’s a big old nothing burger (pretty sure that a quote) and they have shown that they don’t care about who the owner is or isn’t. 

Yes, I don’t “think” Snyder is going anywhere. 

If he does get suspended in the next 60 days I don't think he can approve a contract for the new stadium.

Don't you find it odd that before the start of the investigation by Beth Wilkerson he agreed to change the team name.

Then after Wilkerson finished the investigation there was someone with a new complaint waiting in the wings with a new complaint?

Also, Congress taking an intrust in this a day after the official name change? Which lead to the NFL saying he can't do his own investigation they will open a new one? 

I think this guy is cooked and I think Bezos wanted the name changed before he buys the team? This investigation will lead to big sponsor pulling out. Which will make the owners say Dan we love you but your bad for bussness good-bye. Which will lead to Bezos buying the team.

Edited by Redskins 2021

17 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That’s a lot of ifs/thinks/and ? but knock yourself out.  I hope he’s gone as well but it’s just that, hope without a shred of optimism.

As I said before, Bezos may want “A” team but give me something other than pure speculation and grasping at butterflies regarding Bezos actually being interested in buying THIS team.   Any real reference at all.  

Edited by stoshuaj

27 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

That’s a lot of ifs/thinks/and ? but knock yourself out.  I hope he’s gone as well but it’s just that, hope without a shred of optimism.

As I said before, Bezos may want “A” team give me something other than pure speculation and grasping at butterflies regarding Bezos actually being interested in buying THIS team.   Any real reference at all.  

He said he wanted a team its all over he did a bunch of magazine and interviews on it. Front office sports  did an article on Feb 21 2021.

There have been 2 or 3 teams up for sale since he said that he did not bid. No one wanted to be the guy who changed the redskins name. I dont like Snyder but I think the way he is going to lose this team is wrong.

Edited by Redskins 2021

16 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He said he wanted a team its all over he did a bunch of magazine and interviews on it. Front office sports a  did an article on Feb 21 2021.

So as I thought, ya got nothing other than he wants “a” team.  Zero Redskins specific related interest.

21 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

So as I thought, ya got nothing other than he wants “a” team.  Zero Redskins specific related interest.

Did you read the article . His lawyers talked to the firm of the redskins minority owners about buying the team.  It appears that the minority owners were trying to force a sale. Synder bought out the minority owners.

Edited by Redskins 2021

6 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He said he wanted a team its all over he did a bunch of magazine and interviews on it. Front office sports  did an article on Feb 21 2021.

There have been 2 or 3 teams up for sale since he said that he did not bid. No one wanted to be the guy who changed the redskins name. I dont like Snyder but I think the way he is going to lose this team is wrong.

happy double dare GIF by Nickelodeon

7 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Did you read the article . His lawyers talked to the firm of the redskins minority owners about buying the team.  It appears that the minority owners were trying to force a sale. Synder bought out the minority owners.

Sorry, neglected to push submit…..anywho.

Yep (once you posted the link). Read a could and a mentions and then a bunch of unnamed attribution to minority ownership. Bezos bought a house here.  I bet he owns houses in a lot of places.  

At this point, this discussion is way more about ownership than the new stadium and there’s a different thread for that.  You want to think he’s a dead man walking, that’s ok.  I say, wake me up when he’s out the door w his **** packed in a milk crate.

Regarding the stadium, as much as we may want ownership tied to stadium stipulations, Va gov’t has voted to not give a ****.

Edited by stoshuaj

2 hours ago, Commander -JB- said:

happy double dare GIF by Nickelodeon

I will get over it pretty quick.

11 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Sorry, neglected to push submit…..anywho.

Yep (once you posted the link). Read a could and a mentions and then a bunch of unnamed attribution to minority ownership. Bezos bought a house here.  I bet he owns houses in a lot of places.  

At this point, this discussion is way more about ownership than the new stadium and there’s a different thread for that.  You want to think he’s a dead man walking, that’s ok.  I say, wake me up when he’s out the door w his **** packed in a milk crate.

Regarding the stadium, as much as we may want ownership tied to stadium stipulations, Va gov’t has voted to not give a ****.

Yeah I imagine Bezos lawyer called the firm selling the minority shares just to say hi. The ownership is the key to the new stadium. 

If Snyder get suspended he can't make a deal with Virginia. If he get voted out which can be done in June at the NFL owners meeting if he is suspended the new owner will pick stadium spot. 

If ownership changes other places will make offers. Bezos or whoever gets the team may still put the team in North VA, but other places will make offers. Washington Dc and Maryland are much more likely to make an offer if ownership changes. Virginia made an offer great, if we get new ownership they may have a different idea and may like to look in another place. There alot still to play out between now and June.

Back to actual stadium news:

WaPo (Norm Leary) has an article w specifics regarding Va (not that any other entity can’t/won’t also submit a competing offer ffs) bill regarding stadium financing and revenue streams.  

a little snippet:  “The Senate bill is more generous [than the House version]. It would give the team two revenue streams — the 2 percent sales tax as well as income tax from the salaries of players and executives — and let it keep all of the profits from a naming-rights deal. The bill also passed with a floor amendment intended to ensure that revenue generated by any sports betting on the site would be subject to state taxes.”

(And yes, this is referring the “the team”, not any specific owner.  Why?, bc they have already established they don’t care about the owner)

more specifics and commentary at the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/16/virginia-general-assembly-reaches-halftime/

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Back to actual stadium news:

WaPo (Norm Leary) has an article w specifics regarding Va (not that any other entity can’t/won’t also submit a competing offer ffs) bill regarding stadium financing and revenue streams.  

a little snippet:  “The Senate bill is more generous [than the House version]. It would give the team two revenue streams — the 2 percent sales tax as well as income tax from the salaries of players and executives — and let it keep all of the profits from a naming-rights deal. The bill also passed with a floor amendment intended to ensure that revenue generated by any sports betting on the site would be subject to state taxes.”

(And yes, this is referring the “the team”, not any specific owner.  Why?, bc they have already established they don’t care about the owner)

more specifics and commentary at the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/16/virginia-general-assembly-reaches-halftime/

So you are saying no Virginia stadium is a done deal

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I will get over it pretty quick.

Yeah I imagine Bezos lawyer called the firm selling the minority shares just to say hi. The ownership is the key to the new stadium. 

If Snyder get suspended he can't make a deal with Virginia. If he get voted out which can be done in June at the NFL owners meeting if he is suspended the new owner will pick stadium spot. 

If ownership changes other places will make offers. Bezos or whoever gets the team may still put the team in North VA, but other places will make offers. Washington Dc and Maryland are much more likely to make an offer if ownership changes. Virginia made an offer great, if we get new ownership they may have a different idea and may like to look in another place. There alot still to play out between now and June.

Bezos can pay for the stadium himself put it wherever he wants.

It depends on the pockets of the new owner, if the team is sold. The team will probably cost  $3-$6 billion to buy.

Not to many out there who can pay that outright. Bezos won’t need someone to build him stadium but other owners would be like Dan, need a stadium built.

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I will say it is odd that the one thing they seem to agree on is giving Dan money makes no sense what so ever even if I am for them giving him money. Just kinda odd though 

Obviously take with a grain of salt as it is Wikipedia but this is what I found. Now obviously it says across multiple sites but I would also assume that means atleast a couple of those sites were probably a couple hundred acres a piece. I live in tidewater so not as familiar with that area as some might be

I just can't see the National Park Service letting go of any land for a football stadium and entertainment center. Especially with Dan Snyder involved.

39 minutes ago, fullnelson9999 said:

He's saying it's in the process of finishing up. 

Thank you, although I’m not even saying finishing up.  I thought or was trying to say that Va is moving forward in the process and providing sources.  Not sure how that got so far off the rails.

If I read anything about DC, Md, hell Spain or frigging Mars engaging in the process, I’ll post that as well and good luck to them. 

It’s not a done deal until shovels hit dirt

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I just can't see the National Park Service letting go of any land for a football stadium and entertainment center. Especially with Dan Snyder involved.

Oh i dont disagree in the slightest dream. Ive said multiple times its going to be either current site or loudon somewhere near dulles. Out of those 2 id have to say its probably nova near dulles

Eager to compete, Maryland developing multimillion-dollar deal for Washington Commanders

Pitted against Virginia’s $1 billion proposal, Maryland vying to retain stadium in Landover with hundreds of millions in incentives

A large crowd of fans showed up on a cold damp night to take part in a party to celebrate the new brand and identity of the Washington Commanders. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
By Erin Cox
Today at 3:59 p.m. EST

Maryland power brokers are quietly marshaling hundreds of millions of dollars to entice the Washington Commanders to keep its stadium in Landover, three people familiar with the process said.

The proposal would borrow a huge sum to publicly finance development around the FedEx Field site, where the football team and owner Daniel Snyder already owns more than 200 acres in addition to the stadium itself.

The Washington Commanders seek more than a new stadium, pitching to officials in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. for years a vision to build a multibillion-dollar sports-entertainment destination that would accommodate homes, commercial businesses, retail, possibly sports-betting and more. This month’s rebranding of the team renewed public interest in where the football team and its outsize economic footprint may land.

Maryland’s proposal would help build out the team’s vision of a sports-entertainment destination, but not construct the stadium itself. The state would invest in the neighborhood, building transit, roads, bike lanes and other potentially costly amenities surrounding a new stadium built by the team, said the people familiar with the deal, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a proposal that is not public.

“We aren’t building anyone a stadium,” said Del. Jazz Lewis (D-Prince George’s), who represents the neighborhoods around FedEx Field. “But we can build in and around the neighborhood.”

Several lawmakers said Maryland plans to compete with the District and Virginia, where bipartisan legislation advanced last week that would offer the team $1 billion and a cut of sales tax revenue if it moved there.

While Virginia appears to have an early lead in developing an even bigger proposal, Maryland officials say Snyder’s existing land holdings, the stadium’s access to existing transit, the team’s long-standing relationships and a companion local-government incentive makes their deal competitive.

Edited by Skinsinparadise