Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

RFK is right next to the Anacostia. I don't know what site you're talking about, maybe Anacostia Park?

Id imagine thats what he means as theres 1200 acres worth of land there. Not sure what road/metro infrastructure is there

Edited by Mrshadow008

19 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

RFK is right next to the Anacostia. I don't know what site you're talking about, maybe Anacostia Park?

Probably the park, it was a few years ago. I know another spot that was mentioned by someone was the navy yard area. I know it was in an article, they were talking about it on one of the sports talk radio shows a couple years ago. 

I think it would be at Rfk site with a land swap. A don't think there alot of places to put it but I do remember those two spots were mentioned on the show.

I think all of this DC stadium stuff is based on Dan not being the owner.I want to avoid Psl at all costs

Edited by Redskins 2021

Anacostia Park would be the perfect place for it!!!  They are rebuilding the South Capital Street Bridge and it would look fantastic if on the other side of National Park you had the new stadium.  You will have metro already in place on both sides of the River and they are building that area up quite nicely.  I grew up directly across the street from Nats Park when it was a Metro Bus Depot Lot.  It was one of the worst neighborhoods in DC and to see this rebuild is amazing.  

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

Anacostia Park would be the perfect place for it!!!  They are rebuilding the South Capital Street Bridge and it would look fantastic if on the other side of National Park you had the new stadium.  You will have metro already in place on both sides of the River and they are building that area up quite nicely.  I grew up directly across the street from Nats Park when it was a Metro Bus Depot Lot.  It was one of the worst neighborhoods in DC and to see this rebuild is amazing.  

Do we know who owns that Land right now. Is it federal land, City land, or does Amazon own it?

Just now, dckey said:

I believe it is federal, since it is a National Park

7 minutes ago, dckey said:

Sounds like a good a really good spot.

Just now, dckey said:

I believe it is federal, since it is a National Park

Yes it is Federal land. I think in order for it to be there though the land would definitely have to be swapped or bought from the government instead of leased. The other thing here is if DC is gonna be willing to put up any money or not. I get why people dont want to pay for stadium but if one place is offering a billion dollars towards stadium and one is offering 0 itd be an easy decision unfortunately 

23 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Yes it is Federal land. I think in order for it to be there though the land would definitely have to be swapped or bought from the government instead of leased. The other thing here is if DC is gonna be willing to put up any money or not. I get why people dont want to pay for stadium but if one place is offering a billion dollars towards stadium and one is offering 0 itd be an easy decision unfortunately 

I think the swap can be done.  I agree, I don't want to pay for stadium. How did they put up nationals park? We would get psl for sure if the owners putting up his own money.

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think the swap can be done.  I agree, I don't want to pay for stadium. How did they put up nationals park? We would get psl for sure if the owners putting up his own money.

Thats the problem though youre going to be paying for it one way or another whether with taxes or PSLs personal preference id rather pay few cents more per transaction on food or whatever the tax ends up being attached too than paying 5-10000 up front for a PSL I cant afford. Not sure on nats park

7 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Thats the problem though youre going to be paying for it one way or another whether with taxes or PSLs personal preference id rather pay few cents more per transaction on food or whatever the tax ends up being attached too than paying 5-10000 up front for a PSL I cant afford. Not sure on nats park

Right now the team is not popular enough for PSL. I don't know if a new stadium will change that. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Maybe they'll sell PSLs to Eagles and Giants fans. :lol:

This entire talk of a shiny new stadium for a team that barely draws 20,000 of its own fans to the stadium is a little absurd. I know they need a place to go after the FedEx lease expires, but a lot of this feels like "build it and they'll show up" wishful thinking.

Now, if Dan goes away, we're in a different situation.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, dckey said:

I have a feeling like whatever planned mixed use development they want to build would suffer being cornered into that little space between the highway and the river.  You can build housing and apartments, but only so much.  It's probably why it's not discussed more.

1 hour ago, profusion said:

Maybe they'll sell PSLs to Eagles and Giants fans. :lol:

This entire talk of a shiny new stadium for a team that barely draws 20,000 of its own fans to the stadium is a little absurd. I know they need a place to go after the FedEx lease expires, but a lot of this feels like "build it and they'll show up" wishful thinking.

Now, if Dan goes away, we're in a different situation.

Eh maybe not everyone but you’d definitely get some coming back. Definitely seen quite a few people with the sentiment that a large part of them not going to games is solely because of the stadium and it’s location. Usually you can overcome one or the other but not both especially when being bad/ having crappy owner for so long.  So I think you do underestimate how much having a new stadium with a sports book, retail, restaurants etc would have on bringing some of the fans back

8 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Eh maybe not everyone but you’d definitely get some coming back. Definitely seen quite a few people with the sentiment that a large part of them not going to games is solely because of the stadium and it’s location. Usually you can overcome one or the other but not both especially when being bad/ having crappy owner for so long.  So I think you do underestimate how much having a new stadium with a sports book, retail, restaurants etc would have on bringing some of the fans back

If synder is the owner I don't think Psl will fly. A new owner and a downtown DC stadium they probably could but I will never pay a psl. 

1 hour ago, profusion said:

Now, if Dan goes away

Just a bunch of white noise and blather in here.  Sorry, but his ass ain’t going no where:

“Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has purchased the most expensive house in the history of D.C. area real estate history. 

Snyder paid $48 million in cash for the River View Estate, which is located along the Potomac River, near Mt. Vernon in Virginia.”

and, he’s already got Youngkin in his pocket:

Snyder listed his address as 7979 E. Boulevard Drive and wrote Washington Football Team owner under "business or employment information" on a $25,000 donation to Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin’s inaugural committee on Jan. 7”

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dan-snyder-buys-most-expensive-house-in-dc-area-real-estate-history.amp

8 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Just a bunch of white noise and blather in here.  Sorry, but his ass ain’t going no where:

“Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder has purchased the most expensive house in the history of D.C. area real estate history. 

Snyder paid $48 million in cash for the River View Estate, which is located along the Potomac River, near Mt. Vernon in Virginia.”

and, he’s already got Youngkin in his pocket:

Snyder listed his address as 7979 E. Boulevard Drive and wrote Washington Football Team owner under "business or employment information" on a $25,000 donation to Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin’s inaugural committee on Jan. 7”

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/dan-snyder-buys-most-expensive-house-in-dc-area-real-estate-history.amp

He may but his problems on federal level not state. His other problem is the guy who wants his team.

Edited by Redskins 2021

28 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If synder is the owner I don't think Psl will fly. A new owner and a downtown DC stadium they probably could but I will never pay a psl. 

Oh I don’t disagree with the PSL flying thing especially as the nfl and business office are desperately trying to rebuild the fan base. And I wouldn’t either partly because I can’t afford it and partly because it’s ridiculous. To me buying season tickets is not different to me than say buying season tickets to Busch gardens other than the fact I’m obviously more passionate about this football team than roller coasters. But either way It’s entertainment not a necessity. Now if it means paying a few cents more here or there in taxes on whatever they choose to to fund it then fine but not many people have 5 to 10 k to drop on a PSL that really means nothing and team could probably take from you anytime they wanted.

50 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He may but his problems on federal level not state. His other problem is the guy who wants his team.

I’m w ol’ Spliff.  He may be a sucky businessman but I’m fairly certain he’s a grade A weasel.  No way in hell he hasn’t had any number of random politicos over for a hootchie cootchie party w his NFL buddies and, have the video in a vault.

Guy wants to buy “his” team or “A” team?  I’m all eyes and ears if you have anything other than speculation and dreaming from anything other than team fanboys for any number of franchises.  Denver/Seattle/Houston/new franchise in London.  If I’m the NFL, that’s where I want him, London.

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The problem with that site, though, is that it’s only big enough for a stadium, not the retail and other development the team wants to do as part of the site.

How so? Genuinely curious as when I looked earlier it shows Anacostia park being 1200 acres worth of land so if that’s accurate you would only need a portion of that. For comparisons sake sofi is on 293 acres including all its multitude development 

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

I’m w ol’ Spliff.  He may be a sucky businessman but I’m fairly certain he’s a grade A weasel.  No way in hell he hasn’t had any number of random politicos over for a hootchie cootchie party w his NFL buddies and, have the video in a vault.

Guy wants to buy “his” team or “A” team?  I’m all eyes and ears if you have anything other than speculation and dreaming from anything other than team fanboys for any number of franchises.  Denver/Seattle/Houston/new franchise in London.  If I’m the NFL, that’s where I want him, London.

Let see how it plays out. I think he in over his head and they are coming to get him.I don't think this investigation will go his way. If they find anything they will lose sponsors.One way or another he will get railroaded out of there.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

How so? Genuinely curious as when I looked earlier it shows Anacostia park being 1200 acres worth of land so if that’s accurate you would only need a portion of that. For comparisons sake sofi is on 293 acres including all its multitude development 

I got that from an article in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.  https://richmond.com/sports/professional/virginia-turns-up-the-heat-in-race-for-new-washington-football-team-stadium/article_ea8136a5-4e4c-5f02-ae55-9c1c9ff60682.html

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Let see how it plays out……One way or another he will get railroaded out of there.

It will play out but nah, I’m on the record as saying this is a big ol nothing burger other than hyperventilating fans with a dream.

We’re stuck w Dan, Tanya and then his frigging kid image.jpeg.1cc020430998dfb8039ea8436a6d8c97.jpeg

and it looks like he has Va wrapped around the screws for the damn stadium.  There are not one but two, bipartisan no less, financing bills before state legislature and they’ve knocked down a “hold his ass accountable” bill already.   Can’t get them to agree on anything but giving this dip**** a stadium ffs.

Edited by stoshuaj

21 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

It will play out but nah, I’m on the record as saying this is a big ol nothing burger other than hyperventilating fans with a dream.

We’re stuck w Dan, Tanya and then his frigging kid image.jpeg.1cc020430998dfb8039ea8436a6d8c97.jpeg

and it looks like he has Va wrapped around the screws for the damn stadium.  There are not one but two, bipartisan no less, financing bills before state legislature and they’ve knocked down a “hold his ass accountable” bill already.   Can’t get them to agree on anything but giving this dip**** a stadium ffs.

I will say it is odd that the one thing they seem to agree on is giving Dan money makes no sense what so ever even if I am for them giving him money. Just kinda odd though 

38 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Obviously take with a grain of salt as it is Wikipedia but this is what I found. Now obviously it says across multiple sites but I would also assume that means atleast a couple of those sites were probably a couple hundred acres a piece. I live in tidewater so not as familiar with that area as some might be 

52487FA6-64F7-42F5-8972-A8EAE15A5D44.png

47 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Now is this an agreement for Dan's studium or a football studium in general? It one thing to agree to put a studium up they may want to have a bid out there before dc or Maryland to get the Commanders to move there.

Does this bill disappear if Dan is no longer the owner of the Commanders? I see this more as we want the team here and are willing to build a stadium with tax payer money for the owner of the team. Then we want Dan's team here. Let's see how it plays out. I don't think he will survive. 

Edited by Redskins 2021