Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I have done very little posting in the stadium this season, so I didn’t really experience that. Since it seems like his run is likely over, I figured I’d throw my two cents in.

You're dealing with the Heinicke Hive, here...

image.gif?w=500&c=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Hi I'm new here. But have been lurking the entire season. I'll be honest right off the bat. I'm a Heinicke fan and have been for a number of years. I think he's going to work very hard in the off season to improve his game, including but not limited to arm strength. And trust me, if it can be done, he'll find a way to do it. He's not going to give this job up very easily. Someone will have to beat him out in training camp. Don't count on that happening. A rookie will have to learn to play in this league and frankly I don't see a great veteran QB wanting to come here. The problem is, you don't have the weapons available to have success with any QB. One wideout, no tight end, a mediocre line and a decimated defence. I think y'all need to get used to the idea of Taylor Heinicke be your opening game starter in 2022.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Sorry I was implying arm strength since the convo was about arm strength. 

Taylor knew this was his last game in 2021 and was trying too hard today. It happens. We are all humans and want to impress our bosses. When Taylor has played lose he has been pretty accurate. When he forces too much that is when he gets into trouble. 

Look I am fine with bringing Taylor back as a back up. He has guts and plays hard. But he was absolutely pathetic today. If he wasnt playing against Fromm he would end up the worst rated QB of the week. Instead he will be second worst. 

52 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Have you looked at the guys below him? 4 are rookies so they generally get a bit of a mulligan their first season. Then you have Big Ben who's 80 years old and should have retired 2 years ago. You have Darnold who's trash and always been trash and has absolutely no place in the NFL. Then there's Mayfield and Goff. Mayfield has been injured a fair amount but he's such a seemingly streaky player it's hard to say. Goff is...well...just Goff. Meh.

I'm not saying TH has no place in the league or even on the WFT, but he just doesn't have the talent to be a full time NFL starter. (Most) fans know it. The FO knows it. The coaches know it. Dog and cats know it.

No argument, but my point is he did better then any backup would have expected. 
his highs are great his lows are awful and he is someone that anyone would be happy to have as a backup and spot starter.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

The context of the post is concerning next year, which is when his deal expires.

And this is a QB hungry league, we don't know what folks will offer, or that we will offer him anything based on how much he wants.

23rd is nothing to brag about at all.

You know what else is a good story? Cinderella. 

But she eventually fit the shoe and lived happily ever after, Taylor will never fit the shoe, he'll never be what we need from a starting QB in this league today.

We all need to be on the same page about that, the debate is now 2nd string or out the league in the next year or two, not franchise QB or someone you can win a playoff game with, let alone a super bowl.

And the point is he is not the worst qb in the league as many on this site say. 
he is a fine backup and spot starter.

9 minutes ago, Old Blue said:

Hi I'm new here. But have been lurking the entire season. I'll be honest right off the bat. I'm a Heinicke fan and have been for a number of years. I think he's going to work very hard in the off season to improve his game, including but not limited to arm strength. And trust me, if it can be done, he'll find a way to do it. He's not going to give this job up very easily. Someone will have to beat him out in training camp. Don't count on that happening. A rookie will have to learn to play in this league and frankly I don't see a great veteran QB wanting to come here. The problem is, you don't have the weapons available to have success with any QB. One wideout, no tight end, a mediocre line and a decimated defence. I think y'all need to get used to the idea of Taylor Heinicke be your opening game starter in 2022.

Most likely you're gonna be right.

There's not gonna be anything worthwhile in the draft, except maybe another short running QB who will end up fizzling out and holding a clipboard mid-season.

This was his first season, and with all of the injuries and Covid ripping out the entire team i'm a little surprised he played at this level.  Hopefully next season Thomas will be back and some other WR will make an effort to be better and take some heat off of McLaurin; actually if the entire team progresses it will be beneficial, but some coaching changes need to be made if they want to compete.

So here we are at the likely end of the Heinicke era.  Unless there are some absurd circumstances by Week 1 2022, I doubt he is the starter.   M opinion on his viability as a starting QB is no secret.  He has played about as well as he could this season. I've admired his heart and ability to get over mistakes.  He has done well at times and had some moments that will make for some great memories going forward.  That said, his time as the starting QB should be over, outside of having to play due to an injured starter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

No argument, but my point is he did better then any backup would have expected. 
his highs are great his lows are awful and he is someone that anyone would be happy to have as a backup and spot starter.

And the point is he is not the worst qb in the league as many on this site say. 
he is a fine backup and spot starter.

Whats his QBR during these last 5 games?  Like, thats a season average, propped up by his early season success. 

It's sort of amazing to me that even with Ron recently pretty much saying that Heinicke isn't the guy and that they're going to go super hard for a QB this offseason (as well as plenty of other reliable reporting saying the exact same), we still have people on here talking about him being the starter next year.

IMO the only way that happens is if we completely strike out in trades and FA, and then draft a rookie who isn't ready to play yet. That's it.

go-home-over.gif

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

Does Stafford also gets a pass for throwing a game ending INT? Asking for a friend. 

Cmon, man, even Brady has done that. He did it his last game as a Pat, at a home playoff game.

Stafford has more then twice as many game winning drives then Taylor has career starts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/gwd_career.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HeinTa00.htm

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Cmon, man, even Brady has done that. He did it his last game as a Pat, at a home playoff game.

Stafford has more game winning drives then Taylor has career starts.

Taylor beat Brady though..... :D

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

Does Stafford also gets a pass for throwing a game ending INT? Asking for a friend. 

The Rams wish they had Heinicke for that throw. With Heinicke, that pass never would have happened. Mainly because it went 20 yards further than Heinicke can reach, but it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

This sort of stuff drives me nuts. Stop ****footing around and just tell us: do you think Heinicke is as good a QB as Stafford? If not, why are you bringing this stuff up? It's like the people bringing up TH's QBR earlier in the season vs Mahomes or whatever other actual legit top NFL QB and then dancing around in circles trying to say they weren't actually comparing them.

It's like conspiracy theorists who bring up dumb **** and then when called on it say "Hey, I'm just asking questions!"

Just ****ing say something straightforward for god's sake.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

I mean lets remember Fitzpatrick, a journeyman stop-gap, erratic "good today, bad tomorrow" near 40 year old QB beat Heinicke out in training camp.  So it isn't just folks on this board who don't view Heinicke as a starting QB.  Rivera had to play nice publicly for obvious reasons.  Praise the kid when he does well, minimize the criticism (if not all out avoid any of it) when he does bad.  That was just his job as coach, to keep the criticism in the film room. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

i want ya'all to know that as long as this thread remains open*  i reserve the option to actually moderate the level of stupid in here 😯 wearing the grumpiest pants i own 😜 (tags properly popped at the thrift store)

*here at season's end, it's demise is fine (well, maybe more than fine 😄) pretty much any time afaic

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whats his QBR during these last 5 games?  Like, thats a season average, propped up by his early season success. 

That’s how it works for a whole season for many players.

as I have stated his highs were great his lows were awful And he is a fine back up spot starter in the league. 
my only point is he is not the worst quarterback in the league as some say

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Stafford has more game winning drives then Taylor has career starts.

Stafford has been in a league for very long time and threw almost 5 INTs in one-half and a game ending INT, but let's just look the other way since he is a vet. But as a vet shouldn't he not be making the same mistakes as someone who just came off the couch? 

I wasn't even comparing Stafford to Taylor like you assumed I did. Stafford was just an example to my point. QB have bad days but here it is all or nothing when it comes to Taylor was my point.