Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

I'm SO angry that we won. I hate seeing Heinicke succeed. I hate him so much that I want to go back in time before he was born and erase him from the spacetime continuum altogether. When he throws amazing passes I throw my remote at the TV. When he celebrates I punch a puppy dog.

I want him to be cut today so I can go to his house with a sign that makes fun of him for being the biggest piece of **** loser asshole worthless human being to ever exist.

GOD I hate Taylor Heinicke so much.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

TH is just a baller, and some of you weirdly hate that and his success.

💯PERCENT with you!

All you hear over and over is arm strength and height.  As if leadership, pocket awareness, mobility, courage, football smarts, and rising to the occasion and the level of competition mean nothing.  If you put the two on a scale, arm strength and height come up lacking.  How many more strong arm qbs do fans have to witness fail until they recognize that there's a lot more to playing the position than that.  I don't recall Joe Montana having a rocket arm.  He did okay.  I want my QB to win.  To love winning and hate losing.  I get the sense that TH is that kind of QB.  

Love how Heinicke gets thru his reads so quickly.  Now, imagine those 2nd, and 3rd reads being to players with the skill set of Curtis Samuel or Logan Thomas?  What if his O-line could stay healthy?  What if Gibson could take that next step toward being an elite RB?  

You nailed it Peregrine.  Heinicke's a straight up baller!  That side arm play — falling down — to Bates for a critical FOURTH down conversion was a highlight play.  Watch his eyes.  Even as he hits the ground they never leave Bates.  And he hasn't even hit his ceiling yet!  He probably is still missing some things that are open.  He's already beginning to throw with more anticipation.  Think of when he can get to where he does that all the time?  Can make good throws off balance but I agree less off his back foot would be nice.  He had Scary Terry for a TD.  But, that's nitpicking and I expect TH to overcome that.  

At this point, if TH's play keeps trending upward then you don't go chase a QB unless you're madly in love with him.  And if you draft that guy.  He damn well better perform because if he flops and you have to go back to TH then people may lose jobs over that decision.  

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

It is so hard to have E though. Not many out there that have it all. 

True, a cannon is nice to have but not required. I’d still need a little more than what Heineke has though.

That said, I joked in the gameday thread they were going to have him pee in a cup, because he’s had zip the past two weeks that we’ve not seen before.  The floaters have disappeared for the most part too.

I think it’s usual to see a player get better cerebrally with more starts, but it’s strange to see the arm skills look vastly improved.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think it’s usual to see a player get better cerebrally with more starts, but it’s strange to see the arm skills look vastly improved.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of his ODU fan from this site has been texting him about his floaters comments over the bye-week. 😂

Tough to tell but I am not sure if he has more zip on his throws but maybe?   But I think his decision making has been much more sound.    When he's not throwing picks it obviously makes a big difference.  And he's not having of late these really morale crushing picks.  

Maybe he's turned a corner on that front?  Kirk had his issues with picks pre 2015 but since then he's been pretty good avoiding picks.  Taylor turning a similar tide?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Just now, zskins said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of his ODU fan from this site has been texting him about his floaters comments over the bye-week. 😂

And those folks just straight bailed, MIA, after that 3-4 week stretch of 10 point games.  I totally expected them to show back up after last week.  I believe the one guy said he was of older age @ODU AGGIE, hopefully he’s in good health and just not wanting to strut around this joint and jinx his boy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Literally no one hates seeing Taylor play well. Stop creating weird narratives for no reason.

Hate may be to strong.  There are a lot of subtle and not so subtle jabs.  There always seems to be a "yeah ... but" comments when Heinicke has success.  You see it time and time again where the same group of subconscious haters are quick to point out a great catch vs a great read and throw.  As if it's only Heinicke who is ever made right by his receiver.  Literally every QB in the NFL is bailed out by good catches.  And then there's always the "that pass to so and so should have been picked off!"  As if the top QB's never dodge a bullet now and then when a defender drops a pick.  (That's why they're on the defensive side of the ball).

Peregrine is right.  Be honest about it.  I could respect that.  

There is no reason Taylor can’t be “the guy” for the foreseeable future.  Some people focus so much on what he isn’t they don’t focus on what he is…a very gritty football player with a metric ton of heart.  He is getting better and he could be the long-term 3 to 5 year answer.  He has made me a fan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tough to tell but I am not sure if he has more zip on his throws but maybe?   But I think his decision making has been much more sound.    When he's not throwing picks it obviously makes a big difference.  And he's not having of late these really morale crushing picks.  

Maybe he's turned a corner on that front?  Kirk had his issues with picks pre 2015 but since then he's been pretty good avoiding picks.  Taylor turning a similar tide?

I think the velocity is up a bit but it’s more to do with comfort and experience playing.  

I think he’s more sure of his reads and that’s leading to him being able to put a little more zip on the ball. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

True, a cannon is nice to have but not required. I’d still need a little more than what Heineke has though.

That said, I joked in the gameday thread they were going to have him pee in a cup, because he’s had zip the past two weeks that we’ve not seen before.  The floaters have disappeared for the most part too.

Pretty sure Ryan Leaf had a canon of an arm.

TH is part Favre/part Brees.....he is a baller and a winner. Keep playing him and design plays to his strengths. The answer is right in front of us.

1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

There is no reason Taylor can’t be “the guy” for the foreseeable future.  Some people focus so much on what he isn’t they don’t focus on what he is…a very gritty football player with a metric ton of heart.  He is getting better and he could be the long-term 3 to 5 year answer.  He has made me a fan.

He's not too different than a Thiesmann......Just put talent around this man and let him win for you. He is a tough guy for defenses to defend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, seamonster said:

LOL. Has a 143 passer rating but he's just "OK".  Just don't make mistakes and do that "every week". No agenda here...

LOL. Try to keep up. That is not what I said. Making throws over 50+ yards was the conversation about and having a canon to do that. I said you don't have to have that.

You can still win and move chains by throwing just 10-20 yards at a time. ;)

Edit: Just noticed your first post and reply was to the great zskins! Now that is posting done right. Welcome to ES. :)

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

Heinicke reminds me of Doug Flutie, he is an obvious gamer but people are always wanting to replace him due to his height and arm strength.  Just because Rob Johnson was 6'5 does not make him better. We actually had Johnson here, he sucked, Jeff George over Brad Johnson didn't work out either.  Heinicke has definitely improved throughout the season with anticipation as well as not trying to do too much.  I'm excited to see how far he can lead us.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

More comfortable in what he is seeing.  Also, for the most part his feet are better.  Throwing from a better foundation most of the times.  He can make off balance throws though; which is nice.  But when he can plant his feet and drive the ball off his front foot then he's got much more zip than people want to believe.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

But when he can plant his feet and drive the ball off his front foot then he's got much more zip than people want to believe.  

If our OL would stop dropping like flies, and we ever get some decent pass blocking, I believe we'll see more of those beautiful, well-planted, zippy throws, and less of the off-script/off-balance throws.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TH has a whole heap of impressive qualities at QB. Some limitations also. I think we all see the good in TH, just to varying degrees.

What he has convinced me of is that we should not go after a salvage case vet QB in the offseason on an inflated deal. I could actually see us extend TH if this form continues throughout the season.

I’d still be drafting a QB high this upcoming draft. Get two good QBs on the roster on decent contracts and it’s a solid foundation.

• Like 4