Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Taylor said he scored a touchdown.  My "point" was he screwed up and would make sure he enters the endzone.  My other "point" is if he was avoiding injurious contact, the risk was minimal.

Oh, yay.  He will do so much better next time.  It will be so much better in this alternate universe you are proposing.  He has now graduated from the school of hard knocks and is on his way to incredible success.

Or, ya know, dont make stupid mistakes the first time.  Especially when your job is hanging by a thread.

Guys like Heinicke don't get many chances.  And they are allowed even fewer dumbass moments.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

How it started:

Heinicke_T_USATSI_15416291.thumb.jpg.72797fbbc800cc9ea0c601886f8b5ba7.jpg

How its going:

20211024_150618.thumb.jpg.9a2857ad7bd82bb2c8cb7b6aac92f100.jpg

Reverse car wash in full effect.

This is what happens when the coaches screw up your mind.

but in all Seriousness this should have never been overturned. It is not even following the sprit of the rules of “giving yourself up”

• Thanks 1

Just now, tomwvr said:

but in all Seriousness this should have never been overturned. It is not even following the sprit of the rules of “giving yourself up”

Nope.  I don't like the rule, but it IS the rule now.  He has to know and he has to finish the play in the end zone.  Period the end.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I know you’ve been around a while so I’m not going to make assumptions like you are related to Heineke or anything like that.  

But you got this dudes back like family that’s for sure.

There is no evidence to support this “it’s the coaches fault” narrative about him not running.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know you’ve been around a while so I’m not going to make assumptions like you are related to Heineke or anything like that.  

There is no evidence to support this “it’s the coaches fault” narrative about him not running.

Yeah. I gotta respect a poster taking his lumps and going down with his ship. I wish I had that kind of commitment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am well aware of Taylor’s issues. But he played like his hair was on fire until the coaches told him to be a game manager.

sorry but they have hit him over and over about sliding and not getting hit.

they have misused him in many games, this game I think the coaches did better with roll

outs and moving the pocket .

taylor has many issues , but he is better then 20-30 percent of other nfl

starting qbs and he has done as good or better then I really expected. 

is he the future probably not,  but seriously he has given far more to the team then what they have in salary. 
those calling for tua in a trade or signing  cam are asking for something that no sane team Would do

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Oh, yay.  He will do so much better next time.  It will be so much better in this alternate universe you are proposing.  He has now graduated from the school of hard knocks and is on his way to incredible success.

Or, ya know, dont make stupid mistakes the first time.  Especially when your job is hanging by a thread.

Guys like Heinicke don't get many chances.  And they are allowed even fewer dumbass moments.

Are you looking to argue? I was agreeing with you that he screwed up. 

43 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

taylor has many issues , but he is better then 20-30 percent of other nfl

starting qbs

No he’s not.  What you’re seeing is the effect of his limitations on the entire team.  He doesn’t have the ability to throw into tight windows.  Now that DCs know how to play him, he’s become significantly more limited.  

He will have the odd spectacular throw/catch, and he can absolutely make thing s happen with his legs.  

He’s a backup.  He’s probably a good backup.   Maybe a top 10 backup.  He’s nowhere near starting caliber in the NFL. He doesn’t have the physical tools.  Sorry.  It’s like somebody my size 6-1, 200lbs trying to play power forward for the Knicks.  You might try like hell, but in the end, it’s not going to work.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Heinicke is playing at a level slightly above where you’d expect a team to be with a backup QB starting a large portion of the season. 

I see a team QB’ed by Mason Rudolph for instance… I’m expecting very little. Less than Heinicke even. 

But he is a backup. Through and through.

• Like 6

Heinicke is a fine backup and if your starter goes down for 2-3 games, he's a good spot starter. But that's all he is. He actually isn't the worst QB in the league, I watch Red Zone and there are some AWFUL QBs out there, but that's more of an indictment on QB play as a whole across the league.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke is a fine backup and if your starter goes down for 2-3 games, he's a good spot starter. But that's all he is. He actually isn't the worst QB in the league, I watch Red Zone and there are some AWFUL QBs out there, but that's more of an indictment on QB play as a whole across the league.

It’s also important to remember he IS the WFT’s backup.  Fitz was signed to be the starter. Ron and Scott knew from the start he couldn’t be a long term starter

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s also important to remember he IS the WFT’s backup.  Fitz was signed to be the starter. Ron and Scott knew from the start he couldn’t be a long term starter

Yes of course. There is a reason this team made offers for Stafford and to trade up into the top 10 as well as inquired about guys like Mariota and Darnold(dodged a bullet there).

Heinicke is deserving of a roster spot in the NFL for sure. But he's not a legitimate long term starting QB option.  With that said he likely is the best QB on the roster.

• Like 1

His arms out of the little gas that it did have. Defenses aren't letting him run no matter how much his coaches are begging him to and since he can't make real NFL throws, he's getting hit in the backfield now. I say keep starting him so our draft pick keeps rising and we can close this book in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

His arms out of the little gas that it did have. Defenses aren't letting him run no matter how much his coaches are begging him to and since he can't make real NFL throws, he's getting hit in the backfield now. I say keep starting him so our draft pick keeps rising and we can close this book in the offseason. 

He played well though. He outplayed Rodgers.

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Next level trolling.

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Defenses aren't letting him run no matter how much his coaches are begging him to

Oh, you didn’t hear?

Our coaches ruined him by telling him not to run and protect himself.  That’s all they do all week is tell him to stay in the pocket no matter what and even give himself up on the goal line and fail to extend the ball.

It’s not Taylor, it’s the stupid coaches!!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Next level trolling.

Oh, you didn’t hear?

Our coaches ruined him by telling him not to run and protect himself.  That’s all they do all week is tell him to stay in the pocket no matter what and even give himself up on the goal line and fail to extend the ball.

It’s not Taylor, it’s the stupid coaches!!!!

I haven't seen a QB single handedly grab defeat from the jaws of mediocrity in a very long time. Its insane how far up the Heini Hole some people have their heads.

45 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Get this ****ing guy outta here already.

• Like 1

Funny listening to talk radio today.  It's a mark of a loser team IMO when you get fans trashing one player to prop up another.  So hearing a little anti-Terry rap on the radio for some calling on behalf of Taylor.  He's not a good receiver, he's "medicore", Taylor doesn't even have one good weapon, Terry can't seperate, etc. 

Terry was leading the league or close enough in contested catches.  He's made big play after big play for Taylor.  Heck Taylor did a press conference wearing a Terry short.  He gets it, he touted him big.  So Terry drops a pass, not an easy one either he had to dive for it in the end zone so he's garbage now.   Heck Terry manned up and blamed himself for it.  It happens once in a blue moon. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

Heinicke is playing at a level slightly above where you’d expect a team to be with a backup QB starting a large portion of the season. 

I see a team QB’ed by Mason Rudolph for instance… I’m expecting very little. Less than Heinicke even. 

But he is a backup. Through and through.

Agree.   I said early on I'd give him a half a season, so I'll stick to my word and give him one more game before feeling confident in my opinion.

Love his moxie.  I do think he's a high end backup.  And I'll give him props that he's a baller and he stayed healthy-knock on wood.  But I don't think he's a starter.  I'll give him one more game though before landing on a full take. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.   I said early on I'd give him a half a season, so I'll stick to my word and give him one more game before feeling confident in my opinion.

Love his moxie.  I do think he's a high end backup.  And I'll give him props that he's a baller and he stayed healthy-knock on wood.  But I don't think he's a starter.  I'll give him one more game though before landing on a full take. 

I like a lot about him, but I don't think he has the lond distance endurance to be a full time QB. It's the same way I feel about Gibson not being calloused enough to handle the physicality of the position. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure why you need one more game SIP. It’s pretty clear what he is and based on your assessment right now that seems about right to me.

That Lambeau Leap is going to be the new Gus self concussion moment.  The Heinicke Hive had a nice run, but it's over.  Time to put it to bed.  It should be Kyle Allen for the rest of the season to see if it's going to be him or Heinicke as the backup going forward.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny listening to talk radio today.  It's a mark of a loser team IMO when you get fans trashing one player to prop up another.  So hearing a little anti-Terry rap on the radio for some calling on behalf of Taylor.  He's not a good receiver, he's "medicore", Taylor doesn't even have one good weapon, Terry can't seperate, etc. 

Terry was leading the league or close enough in contested catches.  He's made big play after big play for Taylor.  Heck Taylor did a press conference wearing a Terry short.  He gets it, he touted him big.  So Terry drops a pass, not an easy one either he had to dive for it in the end zone so he's garbage now.   Heck Terry manned up and blamed himself for it.  It happens once in a blue moon. 

There was a dude in the gameday thread doing much of the same.  He was basically just here to troll, used to like the team, but now is only back to troll on behalf of TH.

Going on and on about how Terry got hit in the chest in the end zone.  

Which to be fair is true, Terry absolutely should have caught that ball.  It just falls on really deaf ears, when Terry has done nothing but bail out Taylor's floaters and just all around ducks since he began starting. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome