Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It stunned me too.  If a fan says they don't think it could work with a future Hall of Famer at QB like Wilson or Rodgers, then what they are really saying is they have zero belief in Rivera and his staff and front office.  So why perform the motions of pretending to support them?

I wouldn't say I'm turning my nose at them. I'm just always gonna assume the worst case scenario and I just hate the idea of trading 3+ #1 picks for a 38 year old. You just know he's gonna fall off as soon as he comes here.

People forget Donovan McNabb was a Pro Bowler in 2009. He got here in 2010 and sucked.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't say I'm turning my nose at them. I'm just always gonna assume the worst case scenario and I just hate the idea of trading 3+ #1 picks for a 38 year old. You just know he's gonna fall off as soon as he comes here.

People forget Donovan McNabb was a Pro Bowler in 2009. He got here in 2010 and sucked.

McNabb ain't Russell Wilson, much less Aaron ****ing Rodgers, one of the best players in the history of the sport.

No living Redskins fan has ever watched a player even close to as transcendentally good as Aaron Rodgers play for this team.  So I do kind of understand why so many of you are so massively underrating him and failing what a transformational impact he could have here.  But even still, within the last ten years we saw two of his peers change teams late in their careers and lead their new teams to Superbowl wins.  I would think everyone would at least be able to see the potential of bringing an All Timer QB in based on those recent precedents.

If you give Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson to this team, then you have given this staff every ingredient needed to contend for Super bowls for the next two or three seasons.  If you don't think it could work out under those circumstances, then you don't think the coaching staff and front office are good enough to compete under NY circumstance because there is no better circumstance than having a fully baked hall of Famer QB playing at an MVP level walk through your door and take over a team you've spent the last two years building.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Folks turning their noses up on Aaron ****ing Rodgers and Russell Wilson lol 

God bless you. 

it’s WFT so it probably wouldn’t work out in the end but it would likely have nothing to do with them as players. 

My preference would be to see the WFT build their team the way the 49ers, Cards, Rams, and Bills have built.  Build a solid team first.  Then add your QB.  If you get a QB in the draft then great.  If you have to trade draft capitol to get your QB then you at least bring that QB in with an opportunity to compete for a Super Bowl.  The ghost of Sammy Baugh couldn't lead the WFT as currently constructed to a Super Bowl.  Faced with a tougher schedule., the WFT looks very mediocre.   

Geez Marie! A worker spills a little water in the hold, and the rats start running down the rope to get to the pier. So TH had an "off" day. It's one frigging game! How many of you said you wanted to see a full season before you anoint him? So let's let it play out before you brand him as "not the man" and go talking Rodgers and Wilson. C'mon man! Get a grip!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Geez Marie! A worker spills a little water in the hold, and the rats start running down the rope to get to the pier. So TH had an "off" day. It's one frigging game! How many of you said you wanted to see a full season before you anoint him? So let's let it play out before you brand him as "not the man" and go talking Rodgers and Wilson. C'mon man! Get a grip!

Its not just one game.  He wasn't good against the chargers, he was bad against the bills, he sucked against the saints.  I know that's your boy, but that wasn't an off game, that who he is, we are seeing his ceiling over and over again.  The fact there's barely anyone coming in to defend him this week, and its Wednesday now, is telling, tape dont lie.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only season with true joy under Dan was RG3 2012.  For one season we had what some other teams constantly have -- a real QB who can win.  

I'd argue that 2015 was a pretty joyful season.  So was 2005. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

E4B66584-0DEC-41EF-A482-8A60BB742845.jpeg

• Haha 4

It's not really "turning my nose up" at Aaron Rodgers, more the fact that he'd probably cost 3 1st round picks and want a humongous 5 year contract. At 38 years old that's pretty iffy, even for a sure-fire 1st ballot HoFer.

If he ended up still playing at an MVP level for the next 4 years then it would be worth it. But if he suddenly hits a wall and falls off quickly we'd be screwed, especially if he has a crapload of guaranteed money in the contract. And with Rodgers that could be a physical wall or a mental one. He's so mercurial that for all we know he could decide halfway through his first season with us that he's bored with football now and doesn't really dig it anymore.

It's not like a Brady situation where it just cost a bunch of money for one year. Worst case you realize he doesn't have it anymore and let him go after that season. No draft picks given up, etc.

Fans who question other people's fanhood just because they disagree always frustrate me.  We're on this board with this **** team.  Back off.

I don't know if we've just blocked this from our memories, but there was that Alex Smith guy who we got and then he had a career-ending injury while we still were on the hook for his salary.  Griffin was a rookie who cost an extra two first and a second.  And catastrophic injury.

Could you imagine combining the two?  Trading everything we have to pay a guy who ends up on the sidelines for the duration of the contract AND we lose the picks?

I would love to have Rodgers.  I would not love to have all of our eggs in a basket that we have a history of dropping.

If that sounds like I'm turning my nose up, demonstrating a lack of faith in the coaching staff, or any other red herring/strawman, then I don't know what to tell you.  Regardless, stop telling fans that they're not real fans.  We're awful and have been awful for an awful long time.  There are no bandwagoners or fake fans here.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson have been dragging borderline .500 rosters to double digit wins and playoff wins for years. 

Again, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t work out well but that is SOLELY because this is the Washington Football Team owned by Dan Snyder. Nothing to do with two of the greatest players in the history of the league. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

McNabb ain't Russell Wilson, much less Aaron ****ing Rodgers, one of the best players in the history of the sport.

No living Redskins fan has ever watched a player even close to as transcendentally good as Aaron Rodgers play for this team.  So I do kind of understand why so many of you are so massively underrating him and failing what a transformational impact he could have here.  But even still, within the last ten years we saw two of his peers change teams late in their careers and lead their new teams to Superbowl wins.  I would think everyone would at least be able to see the potential of bringing an All Timer QB in based on those recent precedents.

If you give Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson to this team, then you have given this staff every ingredient needed to contend for Super bowls for the next two or three seasons.  If you don't think it could work out under those circumstances, then you don't think the coaching staff and front office are good enough to compete under NY circumstance because there is no better circumstance than having a fully baked hall of Famer QB playing at an MVP level walk through your door and take over a team you've spent the last two years building.

More inclined to go after Rodgers versus Wilson. Rodgers has aged well in regards to doing it more from the pocket, but as Wilson ages I think his superpowers will impact his elite status. He hasn’t been past the divisional round in 6 seasons or since he got paid — pass for me.

I also think Rodgers is in position to make sure the team that acquires him will not have have to empty the resource cupboard impacting his future success with the team. My guess is Rodgers makes himself become a free agent, like Brady and Manning. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

That's exactly the reason I'm really not spending much time harping on the game. Heinicke didn't play well, but I've consistently said that I want to see a whole season before coming to any sort of judgement about him being a viable long term solution.

As far as Rodgers and Wilson...to be fair, people have been talking (pointlessly IMO) about trying to bring one of those guys in for many months now, so none of that is really new.

22 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think you underestimate Ron's reputation among players. That's not all that matters obviously but I think it helps if we find ourselves in a situation like that. 

Wilson wants to cook, he won't be cooking here. Rodgers wants to at least be consulted when the team makes personnel moves. That won't be happening here.

Watson will cost to much and Ronny won't be giving up that many assets to get.

I don't  think Ron will spend a draft pick on a QB. Too long to develop and Ron doesn't have time. He will be on the hot seat in 22. So, expect us to sign in free agency or trade for the second tier QB. Think Trubisky, Garrapolo, Mariota, Darnold- if available, Dalton, etc..

Edited by Rdskns2000

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

Rodgers would get you guys to be 12-4 easy. Without him my team is a bottom feeder.

If he leaves us and goes to you guys I would be very happy for you guys. Nothing but love for you all.

You've always been a good one.

My worry is that he will get us to 12-4, get injured Week 18, and we're effed not just for then but for the forseeable future because of what he would cost.

19 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Wilson wants to cook, he won't be cooking here. Rodgers wants to at least be consulted when the team makes personnel moves. That won't be happening here.

Watson will cost to much and Ronny won't be giving up that many assets to get.

I don't  think Ron will spend a draft pick on a QB. Too long to develop and Ron doesn't have time. He will be on the hot seat in 22. So, expect us to sign in free agency or trade for the second tier QB. Think Trubisky, Garrapolo, Mariota, Darnold- if available, Dalton, etc..

If Ron thinks Trubisky, Jimmy G, Mariota, Darnold or Dalton are going to put us into SB contender territory then he needs to undergo some sort of cognitive evaluation test, stat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Because in all likelyhood, he's the long term backup. 

Depends on how much he wants after next season ends and if he has a chance to start elsewhere.  I can see him as our next Colt McCoy, but he may not see it that way.

It'd be nice to keep him as a longterm backup, which almost guarantees it won't happen.  Can't have nice things.

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's not really "turning my nose up" at Aaron Rodgers, more the fact that he'd probably cost 3 1st round picks and want a humongous 5 year contract. At 38 years old that's pretty iffy, even for a sure-fire 1st ballot HoFer.

If he ended up still playing at an MVP level for the next 4 years then it would be worth it. But if he suddenly hits a wall and falls off quickly we'd be screwed, especially if he has a crapload of guaranteed money in the contract. And with Rodgers that could be a physical wall or a mental one. He's so mercurial that for all we know he could decide halfway through his first season with us that he's bored with football now and doesn't really dig it anymore.

It's not like a Brady situation where it just cost a bunch of money for one year. Worst case you realize he doesn't have it anymore and let him go after that season. No draft picks given up, etc.

Right, nobody would turn their nose up to Aaron Rodgers as a free agent, no matter how much money he cost.  Or even for say a first rounder or 2, but that's not happening.  Nothing would be more Washington, than to give up the farm for a 38 year old QB, pay him a huge contract, and then the dude falls off physically and can no longer play at a HOF level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

He didn't have an off day. He played how he usually does and a good defense capitalized on it. You people called us negative when we pointed out the turkeys flying off the wet noodle armed QB, but we were realistic. Chiefs are allowing 7.2 yards on 1rst down and are -7 TOs, so Tay Tay can play like he does and be successful this week, but he is who he is. It's a good story and I want him to succeed, but he won't.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hive has completely lost control of this thread...

I still think it should be Taylors Hieni Hole.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

He is what he is. Against the better teams, his limitations come out in full force. Currently He's trending to get benched when Fitzy is ready but he probably has earned the long term backup job.

34 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If Ron thinks Trubisky, Jimmy G, Mariota, Darnold or Dalton are going to put us into SB contender territory then he needs to undergo some sort of cognitive evaluation test, stat.

All Ron has to do, is a QB version of the cognitive test the former president took. 

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Depends on how much he wants after next season ends and if he has a chance to start elsewhere.  I can see him as our next Colt McCoy, but he may not see it that way.

It'd be nice to keep him as a longterm backup, which almost guarantees it won't happen.  Can't have nice things.

If there's an offer to start somewhere sure but we have him the chance and if he can't get a starting gig; he would gladly sign with us.  

19 minutes ago, zskins said:

Most wanted to give Haskins a whole year. Let's do the same for Taylor. Let the chips fall where they may. 

I said bye week, if Fitz is healthy, Taylor has to prove he deserves the whole year, not jus given to him because we want to see what we got.  That's not being fair to the team if he doesn't show improvement from one week to the next, imo, Fitz was brought here for a reason.