Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, China said:

Anti-vaccine nurse, 58, dies of COVID after writing poetry urging people 'not to let them poke you' and calling the pandemic 'genocide'

An anti-vaxxer Oklahoma nurse who wrote poetry about the 'plandemic' and 'healthcare genocide' died of complications from COVID-19, after claiming the vaccine killed people. 

Steve Shurden, 58, from Tulsa, battled the virus for three weeks and eventually passed away on October 19.

Steve and his wife, Teresa, a vocational nurse, were very vocal on Facebook about their anti-vaccine stances, constantly sharing misinformation about COVID.  

Steve also shared his right-wing, pro-Trump, politically charged poetry on a daily basis until his hospitalization on September 28. 

After Steve's death, his wife did not seem regretful that her husband chose to refuse the vaccine, which could have increased his chances at survival while battling the illness.

Teresa shared that Steve had 'made it' to heaven and that she wished they had gone together.  

Click on the link for the full article

Too bad she wasn't granted her wish.

What’s she waiting for? I’ve spent plenty of time in Tulsa, plenty of tall buildings to jump off of. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Moderna booster complete!

I need a long weekend in Vegas.

Just got mine today also. For me it’ll be a long two weeks. First, back to the DMV for a family funeral, then up to Ann Arbor for more festive activities with my senior daughter. Gotta have Thanksgiving there this year since the BIG game is in the BIG house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Hope to go today for the booster. They say it's walk in at this point. Will see if that's true. 

Did anyone see this already? Singapore will start charging the unvaccinated by choice people in the hospital full charges for thier treatment and services. I think its a great idea myself. I realize many will not have the money to pay but it may convince some to get vaccinated to keep from losing thier money. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/singapore-stop-covering-covid-costs-131616732.html

"Singapore will no longer cover the medical costs of COVID-19 patients who are eligible to get vaccinated against the virus but choose not to, the country’s Health Ministry says. “We will begin charging COVID-19 patients who are unvaccinated by choice,” starting Dec. 8, the ministry said in a statement Monday. Those who are not eligible for the shots will be exempt from the rule, it said, including children under 12 and people with certain medical conditions." 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

They get you vaccinated and they STILL tell you to wear a mask in certain places? SMH

You can use google to find out a lot of information about how vaccines work, since you clearly don't understand them.

Just make sure to stick with results on the first page though.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You can use google to find out a lot of information about how vaccines work, since you clearly don't understand them.

Just make sure to stick with results on the first page though.

I have heard with my own ears numerous times, “you want to end the mask mandate, get the vaccine.” I’ve even read where our NY governor Hochul said “it will be easier to catch the virus by next Summer”, or something like that. How can that be when the vast majority has been vaccinated? 

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

I have heard with my own ears numerous times, “you want to end the mask mandate, get the vaccine.” I’ve even read where our NY governor Hochul said “it will be easier to catch the virus by next Summer”, or something like that. How can that be when the vast majority has been vaccinated? 

The VAST majority have not been vaccinated and, at least here in Va, there hasn’t been a mask mandate since like April.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The VAST majority have not been vaccinated and, at least here in Va, there hasn’t been a mask mandate since like April.

Roughly 58% of the population. That’ll definitely go up when more kids start getting vaccinated. 

In my state of NY, it’s 71%. If that many, and it will probably rise, are vaccinated, I don’t see why their should be another spike by next Summer. 

Edited by No Nonsense

15 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So, is anyone mixing it up with the booster? I got the Moderna double tap, which is statistically the most effective, but wondering if I should do a Pfizer boost.

As I understand it, the Moderna booster is a half dose of the original vaxx…which makes it more of less interchangeable with the Pfizer dose.  As the Pfizer dose was always roughly half the strength of the OG Moderna dose.

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Very sore and stiff at the injection site this morning, but just fine beyond that.  Vastly reduced issues compared to Moderna dose #2.

Lucky for me that I’m reacting more like my original dose, little sore at the site, but that’s it. Just got back from the dog park, feeling fine. Day after dose 2 was spent lying on the couch, worn out, and with muscle aches. Happy I don’t have to take another day “off”.

58 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

They get you vaccinated and they STILL tell you to wear a mask in certain places? SMH

It is a cumulation of effects. Not to mention the mask mandates are in areas of high Covid incidences to HELP prevent the spread. It takes time. There was never a promise of vaccine to day no mask tomorrow. Neither the vaccine or the mask are an absolute solution. Again, it's an accumulation of effects. 

Not to mention why is wearing a mask such a big deal? I am fully vaccinated and have been. But I have no problem wearing a mask to both HELP prevent spread and to HELP prevent me from getting the virus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2