Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game is out ****ing standing. Like the greatest samurai movie ever lol. Straightforward story at least so far but told very well with high production values  So badass and the cinematography is jaw dropping. I can’t stay out of photo mode either. Im living out my samurai fantasies with these epic and brutal fights in stunning places like thick bamboo woods, or a golden forest, a shallow creek bed, or on a rope bridge as the sun sets. It just really puts you in position after position to have awesome moments 

I turned off all the hud, enemy markers etc. I haven’t even looked at the map or the objectives. I’m just exploring the world and letting it guide me. It’s ridiculously immersive that way. I had high expectations going in and it has exceeded them. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Miles Morales Ultimate Edition or just Launch Edition for the PS5?

Difference of $15-20 right now. 

Is the only difference is remastered Spider-Man PE4 with all DLC? 

I was considering this too and I think the MM launch is too short so getting the full PS4 game as a bonus would be good 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This game is out ****ing standing. Like the greatest samurai movie ever lol. Straightforward story at least so far but told very well with high production values  So badass and the cinematography is jaw dropping. I can’t stay out of photo mode either. Im living out my samurai fantasies with these epic and brutal fights in stunning places like thick bamboo woods, or a golden forest, a shallow creek bed, or on a rope bridge as the sun sets. It just really puts you in position after position to have awesome moments 

I turned off all the hud, enemy markers etc. I haven’t even looked at the map or the objectives. I’m just exploring the world and letting it guide me. It’s ridiculously immersive that way. I had high expectations going in and it has exceeded them. 

I would suggest getting enough technique points to unlock at least a second stance. It really adds another dimension to the technical gameplay. 

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would suggest getting enough technique points to unlock at least a second stance. It really adds another dimension to the technical gameplay. 

i just unlocked the water stance before I went to bed last night. I didn’t even realize they had all the different stances and fighting styles/moves that come with them. Seems really cool and makes it a lot deeper than I had initially thought. 

I’m trying to get new threads tonight. Tired of getting my throat slit while looking like a peasant in this broken armor 

• Haha 1

Take Two is not only going after other game companies, they are basically going after anyone that has Take Two or Rockstar in the name, including an Axe throwing place in Florida.  I’ll no longer buy their games day 1, which I typically do. Although, in the last PS4 cycle, that only happened once with RDR2. I’ll find them on eBay if at all.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-03-josef-fares-it-takes-two-hit-by-take-two-trademark-claim

It Takes Two, the latest game from Brothers: A Two Sons' Josef Fares, has been hit by a trademark claim from Grand Theft Auto parent company Take-Two.

The acclaimed co-op puzzler about a pair of divorcing parents was struck by a trademark claim shortly after being released earlier this year, it has emerged. Records show developer Hazelight was subsequently forced to abandon ownership of the name. 

In a statement to Eurogamer this week, a Hazelight spokesperson said the studio "cannot comment on ongoing disputes", but the team was "hopeful it will be resolved".

Still, Hazelight did not dispute it had been forced to abandon the trademark to its game because of Take-Two - something which can be seen in this notice of abandonment sent to the US Patent Office shortly after Take-Two's claim was filed.

The team also did not comment on how this had impacted Hazelight's ability to sell or market It Takes Two currently, any plans to rename the game, or ideas for any potential sequel.

Eurogamer has contacted Take-Two for comment. 

It Takes Two is the latest victim in a volley of trademark and copyright claims from publisher Take-Two, and just one of dozens of claims issued this year against a wide array of businesses and products.

US Patent Office records show Take-Two is behind filings to contest numerous names with connections to the words "rockstar", "social club", "mafia", "civilization" and more.

These include a Beijing company's trademark of the brand "Starrocks", the name of clothing brand Max Fayne, plus numerous restaurants, tattoo parlours and other small businesses who had used the word "rockstar" in their name. 

"Think Like A Rockstar", a brand behind music books for live performances, abandoned its trademark after Take-Two's legal claim. 

"Rockstar Axe Throwing", a Florida-based axe-throwing company, is meanwhile trying to oppose Take-Two's trademark grab, though is one of many now caught in a messy series of extensions and challenges.

It's these tactics, video games industry lawyer Richard Hoeg has said, which Take-Two frequently uses to extract concessions from applicants. 

"You can start to see applicants peremptorily limit their own applications to (try to) avoid getting extended out," Hoeg, host of the Virtual Legality podcast, commented. "As well as plenty of folks with legitimate applications simply choosing not to fight by defaulting on the opposition.

"If you look at the Trial and Appeals Board, you can see that Take-Two as filed at least extension requests for 25 challenges in the last three months. Most other game companies go back 6 or 7 years to get to that number. Take-Two is being very, very aggressive.

"It Takes Two by comparison, isn't a company name, and it's of limited use in any event due to the sheer number of goods and services that already use the phrase. I would suspect they simply wind up going untrademarked and relying on copyright."

Take-Two lawyers have also been busy going after fan-made GTA mods and reverse engineering projects.

Edit: My wife and I just finished playing It Takes Two last weekend. We loved it. We love couch co-op. But, not once did I think of Take Two, the crappy company, while playing that game. I asked my wife about it, she has heard of Rockstar, but didn’t even know Take Two was a company. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

It’s hard to explain. Like it doesn’t have all the small little details that a game like RDR2 has. Or the graphic and animation nuances of something like TLOU2 but it’s just a blast to play. Every decision they made is designed to basically push you from one badass moment to the next. Even the fact that there is no consequence for dying. You respawn exactly where you died with all your progress saved and the enemies that killed you are gone (in the overworld, not in missions or bases etc). You die and 5 seconds later you are back to what you were doing before, better luck next time. Another example is that he doesn’t stop to pick up supplies. You can pick up flowers and resources on the ground while riding your horse full speed just by clicking a button. The gameplay is streamlined to get you into memorable moments and fun combat and push the story. So while the platforming, jumping, and climbing etc are super polished or smooth like UC4 or the clipping in TLOU etc, it doesn’t really slow things down because of how much fun it is to play. Even graphically it’s not as impressive as HZD or a RDR2 but the art style and the flowing grass everywhere, and the moonlight sneaking through the trees etc look ridiculously good. 

it might take me awhile to get through this game. I’m walking everywhere. I’ve barely used a horse at all and even when I do I don’t run I just trot around soaking it all in and really living in this world. 

I am the samurai 

• Like 1

So I finally figured out the sound issue I was having on my new PS5 (internal setting where I wasn't getting sound for character dialog) and I started Ghosts. I had gotten it for my PS4 before I stopped playing it. 

Even without the paying for the PS5 upgrade it looks amazing. How long is the story? 25 or so hours? 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:13 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

(Lights cigarette)

Grabs sweat rag 👀 

Mass Effect has assumed control, and will not let me go. 🥴💞

I really hope they introduce omni tool builds. Remember the shadow broker's shield? Imagine a bow, or sword, or hammer.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Grabs sweat rag 👀 

Mass Effect has assumed control, and will not let me go. 🥴💞

I really hope they introduce omni tool builds. Remember the shadow broker's shield? Imagine a bow, or sword, or hammer.

its been noticeably missing. They can do so much more with that but seems they really try to funnel everyone into a similar play style. Hoping this one opens it up more