Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Trebek, Jeopardy legend, passes from cancer.

The Evil Genius

8 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

^I seem to recall 2000, 2010, and 2020 being widely (universally?) considered the start of the new decade, new century, new millennium. So I’m going to call BS on that one. 

Well you'd be wrong.  the 20th century and the 1900s are not quite synonymous.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ken Jennings is the interim host of Jeopardy.

I guess they will see if the show works with him as host. If it does, the interim label is gone. If it doesn’t, then they will find a permanent new host.

Seemed like the direction they needed to try. I'm not sure how it will work, but those are some huge shoes to fill. 

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ken Jennings is the interim host of Jeopardy.

I guess they will see if the show works with him as host. If it does, the interim label is gone. If it doesn’t, then they will find a permanent new host.

I had read that he is the first guest host and there will be others.

I'd like to see Andy Richter given a shot. After the time on celebrity Jeopardy in which he smoked Wolf Blitzer, I gained his utmost respect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/05/17/a-look-back-at-wolf-blitzers-infamous-jeopardy-downfall/

My favorite part is when they come back from break and take money away from Wolf because he added and S to Julia Child's name. Wolf was visibly upset and Andy had control of the game from beginning to end.

His ability to play and host have to be a good combination for a host, plus he is funny, imo.

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As we finished up watching the final Alex episodes, I told my two teenagers that part of their schoolwork is to play Jeopardy! and beat me.  We have continued to watch the Ken Jennings shows. They still haven't beat me... lol.  

Ken Jennings has been fantastic, just make him the permanent host, even if he doesn't have TV experience he has been perfect.  The longest running contestant has shown he can run the show as host.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

As we finished up watching the final Alex episodes, I told my two teenagers that part of their schoolwork is to play Jeopardy! and beat me.  We have continued to watch the Ken Jennings shows. They still haven't beat me... lol.  

Ken Jennings has been fantastic, just make him the permanent host, even if he doesn't have TV experience he has been perfect.  The longest running contestant has shown he can run the show as host.

I agree.  Jennings is super sharp as the host.

I frequently wonder if he's thinking in his head, "I'd destroy these people."

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Has any other interim hosts been announced?  Ken Jennings has been good at the job, and I could see him being named permanent host, but I'm curious as to whether others have been lined up.

Lots. 

Mayim Bialik

Bill Whitaker (from 60 minutes)

Katie Couric

Aaron Rodgers

Anderson Cooper

Dr. Oz (**** that guy)

Dr Sanjay Gupta 

Savannah Guthrie 

I think they all get a week unlike Ken Jennings who got 30 days. I think they missed by not including Levar Burton.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2

Ken's guest hosting duties are done next Friday.  The shows's Executive Producer, Mike Richards will take over.  Then there are other hosts lined up including: journalist Katie Couric, NFL star Aaron Rodgers, 60 Minutes correspondent Bill Whitaker, Big Bang Theory actress Mayim Bialik, Dr. Oz, Anderson Cooper, Today anchor Savannah Guthrie, and CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. 

The season runs from September to August and it is likely the only chance for Celebrity Guest hosts, so I can see why they would hold off on allowing Ken to host until next September.  Note that all the other guests hosts have other full time jobs.  

I just can't imagine Ken not getting it after knocking the past month out of the park, unless he doesn't want it. 

39 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Mayim Bialik, Dr. Oz

These two will be giving the wrong questions to the medical answers. :)

Anyone else feel like the Clue Crew should at least be given a chance to host?  Not even necessarily as an audition for the permanent gig, but c'mon, they should at least get a chance to do it for a week.  

4 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Clearly all of the other guest hosts are just that, guest hosts.  None that I see are candidates for the permanent slot, right? 

And I like the notion of Andy Richter.  He would be good.

The world will never accept Andy Richter as anything but a sidekick.  See Andy Richter Controls The Universe (less than 20 episodes) and Andy Barker: P.I. (Cancelled after 4 episodes, 6 filmed)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not great!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/11/media/jeopardy-hosts-mayim-bialik-mike-richards/index.html

Mayim Bialik and, checks notes, some guy named Mike Richards are the new cohosts.

First, just ****ing pick one.  

Second, although they weren't the worst ones (looking at you Dr. Oz and Joe Buck), they were both middle of the pack IMO.  This isn't a hot take, but it should have been LaVar Burton or Ken Jennings.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1