Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

55 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I cannot stand Russell Wilson so despite him being a top QB, I really wouldn't want him here.  Its irrational but seriously, **** that guy.

BUT it's ridiculous Seattle doesn't take his input more seriously.  Teams gotta wake up to the fact that superstar QBs are just different when it comes to that stuff.  Players have realized how much leverage they have and for the "get off my lawn" folks in here, it's not going to revert back to the glory days of old for you.  Times have changed.  Star QBs expect to be treated differently and its not going away.

One of the few reasons I hypothesize baseball will be king again 20-30 years. The grown up fan values being attached to a team not an individual. There’s a form of purity to it and football has had that as well— ultimate team game. 

Or gambling takes over the world and no one cares outside of their bet that night. 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

One of the few reasons I hypothesize baseball will be king again 20-30 years. The grown up fan values being attached to a team not an individual. There’s a form of purity to it and football has had that as well— ultimate team game. 

Or gambling takes over the world and no one cares outside of their bet that night. 

I used to be a much bigger baseball than football fan, now its reversed.  The danger with baseball seems to be threefold IMO:

A. the biggest audience for it by far is older white males.  It's struggiling with younger fans.  

B.  It does decently as for local ratings per teams but its not much of a national TV draw the way it once was

C.  Seems like viewers have more options and arguably shorter attention spans as for entertainment -- baseball is really a long burn, slow game compared to other sports, and IMO you got to really follow it closely to enjoy the context of the game. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Every study of ratings, attendance, and general interest is opposite you, but you're entitled to that opinion.  Baseball just isn't entertaining enough to recapture king of sports status though.

Your 2nd paragraph is the likely outcome.  More team-transient fans who are fans of the sport and less diehard to a particular team.

Per Finlay's words on the show a few minutes ago ... his sources says they're not in on Cam ... hard no ... and that he gets the sense they'll either "go big" or ride it out with what they have while they keep building the team. And I assume the "what they have" does not include Smith.

So maybe a mid-round QB. He seems to think Mariota might be in play because of the upside he presents. BUT, the key here was they are building a team for the future, and a Cam Newton type who is a "stop gap" is not an option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

The tea leaves on this one seem pretty ... obvious IMO. Russ is on the move.

I think he'll end up in Miami for #3, #46 and Tua. Seattle will draft Sewell at #3.

I could also see the Jets for #2, #23 and #66. But the Jets don't have a lot of talent there to excite Russ. Miami is more built to win now.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

So the Seahawk Shakeup cause by RW may put Carr back on the trading block again or send him to Seattle as part of the deal.  How much is Carr worth now with this developing situation our of Seattle, IF Carr is up for trade to other teams?

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The tea leaves on this one seem pretty ... obvious IMO.

I think Russ is getting traded to the Jets for #2 and #23 or to Miami for #3, Tua and one of the Dolphins 2's

It MAY take 3 1st or 2 1st and a 2nd/3rd etc..  More than just 2 1st, IMO.  

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

The tea leaves on this one seem pretty ... obvious IMO.

I think Russ is getting traded to the Jets for #2 and #23 or to Miami for #3, Tua and one of the Dolphins 2's

The Raiders are in play too.  They have Carr and and he might bring a 1st too. 

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

So the Seahawk Shakeup cause by RW may put Carr back on the trading block again or send him to Seattle as part of the deal.  How much is Carr worth now with this developing situation our of Seattle, IF Carr is up for trade to other teams?

I think it would take 3 #1s if it was a mid-round pick. But Russ is 32. I also think #2 or #3 pick is more valuable given they could re-stock at QB immediately. You can't get that for a mid-round pick. And if you could trade Russ for Tua + Sewell and another pick (if to Miami) ...

21 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Per Finlay's words on the show a few minutes ago ... his sources says they're not in on Cam ... hard no ... and that he gets the sense they'll either "go big" or ride it out with what they have while they keep building the team. And I assume the "what they have" does not include Smith.

So maybe a mid-round QB. He seems to think Mariota might be in play because of the upside he presents. BUT, the key here was they are building a team for the future, and a Cam Newton type who is a "stop gap" is not an option.

I wonder if they have their eyes on a mid round guy like a Newman or Trask for instance. They would be in decent shape if this was the backup plan with Heinicke and Allen.

If and only if the are sold on Mariota - I am good with Mariota with a contract redo to say 3 years and give up a 6th or 7th for him. That way they would have hin and not compete with other teams in FA.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Any chance we just see a blockbuster trade of QBs..

Maybe we are back in the Carr trade talks IF the Raiders make him available to other teams for a trade. 

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think it would take 3 #1s if it was a mid-round pick. But Russ is 32. I also think #2 or #3 pick is more valuable given they could re-stock at QB immediately. You can't get that for a mid-round pick. And if you could trade Russ for Tua + Sewell and another pick (if to Miami) ...

Possible :)

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I wonder if they have their eyes on a mid round guy like a Newman or Trask for instance. They would be in decent shape if this was the backup plan with Heinicke and Allen.

If and only if the are sold on Mariota - I am good with Mariota with a contract redo to say 3 years and give up a 6th or 7th for him. That way they would have hin and not compete with other teams in FA.

talk a while back was they really felt comfortable with someone in the draft. Someone attainable too, mid rounder ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Maybe we are back in the Carr trade talks IF the Raiders make him available to other teams for a trade. 

Possible :)

And to think about it from the Seahawks perspective ... they would have drafted Mahomes in 2017. Scouted Allen in 2018. If they really like Tua, the trade with Miami is a no-brainer. If they aren't sold on Tua at all, then the Jets make a lot of sense at #2 because they could have their pick of Wilson or Fields or Lance there. Seattle succeeded when Russ was on his rookie deal and they were able to build the team around him. Once he signed the mega-deal their hands became a bit tied in regards to the rest of the roster. Pete might view this as a chance to hit reset with another rookie, and go hard for another 4-5 year window.

Now I would argue the Jets have a bad team, and Russ may not want to go there. But who knows.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The Jets and Dolphins 1st round picks far outweigh ours. Not enough people consider what may take 2 1sts from them will probably take 3 from us because we're all the way back at #19. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You got it before I did. :)  I guess the only beat reporters we can counts on are the real Schefter and Rappoport.  Shame that the media do what they do to get twitter hits and attention.  Wow.  

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

talk a while back was they really felt comfortable with someone in the draft. Someone attainable too, mid rounder ??

Feels like they have a target as a backup plan in the mid rounds. They are not going Vinny wild after players which is awesome! They are being methodical