Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

zCommander

20 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Hopkins alone is the reason why they're not in 1st place with the missed FGs in the Vagiants and Lions games and then you have Gano who was cut by this team and hasn't missed a kick for the Vagiants.

it is so cringeworthy reading what I assume to be an adult calling them the vagiants. Be a mature adult. It’s a football team. It’s not that serious. Their name is the Giants. 

Does it seem like return teams usually get better field position after a squib kickoff, than a traditional kickoff ?

I guess the goal is to make sure it's not returned all the way. And that would make sense if it's the last play of the half or game, but I see teams do a squib when there's still time for an extra play or more from scrimmage.

Whoa, the Broncos actually got points.

Thanks to a 58 yard FG

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it is so cringeworthy reading what I assume to be an adult calling them the vagiants. Be a mature adult. It’s a football team. It’s not that serious. Their name is the Giants. 

I always say 'Dallas' or the 'Cowboys'.

I don't see the point in all the effort to make up all that other stuff

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s a messageboard full of people that cheer for a team that is the division rival of the giants. It’s called trashing them for fun. You and I don’t have to join in on it, but come on, let people have fun on a messageboard. its (as you say), not that serious, so why ridicule people for it? :) 

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I always say 'Dallas' or the 'Cowboys'.

I don't see the point in all the effort to make up all that other stuff

It doesn’t exactly require “effort” to come up with (for example) cowgirls/crygirls, or the giants nickname. all it takes is 5 seconds. You’re giving those people too much credit 😂

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's all good natured fun and it's not that serious like you said.  We're all on the same side here, rooting for anything related to the WFT.   No malicious intent to anyone in particular.

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are you 80 years old? Asking for a cowgirls fan. 

Bucs got screwed over against the Chiefs. Jason Pierre-Paul stretched up his arm to try to block Mahomes heaving a deep ball that turned into an interception. JPP didn't manage to block it and when his arm came down, it came down on Mahomes helmet. Not slamming him or anything, just an outstretched arm coming back down.

All I can guess is that the refs penalizing the Chiefs into 2nd and 30 afterwards was makeup calls.

There are 3 5-6 teams that could make noise, if they win games.

Pats are 5-6 and in 10th place in the AFC.  They probably won't make it, too many teams ahead of them and they have been playing inconsistently. 

In the NFC though, there are the 5-6 49ers(currently 10th place) and 5-6 Vikings(Currently 9th place).  If the Bears lose tonight, they fall to 5-6.  Have to wait and see if they fall behind either of the other 2 teams.  The current 6th place team: Tampa and 7th place: Arizona can be overtaken if they lose and the 5-6 teams win games. 

Archived