Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

zCommander

31 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What happens with the super bowl then? Or does the league just move to the playoffs, and plans a few weeks for a bubble? 

Who knows.  Once you arrive at lost weekends, I think you considerably increase the likelihood of pulling the plug altogether.  Its teetering.

The NFL will not pull the plug.  Too much $$$$$.   They already have the entire month of February available, if needed to play the Superbowl.

Here's a checklist of what could happen.

1. The NFL will try to play the season as scheduled.

2. The NFL will reschedule games that can't be played into a Week 18 and 19, if needed.

3. The NFL pauses the season for 2-3 weeks and then resume play to finish out the season.

4. The NFL just cancels games; leaving some teams playing less than 16 games.  The playoffs would expand 16 teams if this happened.

I don't see the NFL ever canceling the rest of the season.  They will squeeze out a finish to the season, anyway possible.  Too much $$$$$$$$$$$$ and that's the only thing that matters to the NFL.   

I think the NFL is going to just push through. 

I have no sympathy for the Broncos.  If you don’t follow protocol, that’s on you.  

I feel somewhat bad for the Steelers.  I think they’ve been “the other team” while 2 other teams have had COVID issues and have had to have their games moved around.  

If I was the NFL, I probably would have just defaulted the Ravens if there was any indication they didn’t follow protocols.  

12 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That game will be a black eye on the NFL depending on how they handle it. Makes zero sense to trot the Broncos out there without a QB, they have no shot at winning that game, not even 1% without a QB. 

Hell, the Redskins found a QB in prison...you telling me the Broncos can't find one?...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Archived