Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It would be almost shocking to me that they "got away with it" years ago and just stopped. 

What do you mean by your second sentence? My understanding is that there was a calendar and a short video with interviews of the girls (clothed), etc. But the nude video is outtakes that aren't used anywhere else. 

The 2nd sentence meaning, if there were years where either a video was released with the calendar that didn't include any of the behind-the-scenes footage even though a behind-the-scenes video was shot, or if there was no video released with the calendar but a behind the scenes video was still taken. That would be incredibly damning because it points to the possibility that capturing the behind-the-scenes footage was just a ruse.

24 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The 2nd sentence meaning, if there were years where either a video was released with the calendar that didn't include any of the behind-the-scenes footage even though a behind-the-scenes video was shot, or if there was no video released with the calendar but a behind the scenes video was still taken. That would be incredibly damning because it points to the possibility that capturing the behind-the-scenes footage was just a ruse.

Got it...

My understanding is that this footage was used to produce a video that was released for public consumption. But it was a classy production with interviews of the girls and stuff like that. So, there was a reason for them to have someone there taking video and the girls did know that a guy was there filming. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Got it...

My understanding is that this footage was used to produce a video that was released for public consumption. But it was a classy production with interviews of the girls and stuff like that. So, there was a reason for them to have someone there taking video and the girls did know that a guy was there filming. 

Hmm, ok then...I'll take off the tinfoil hat lol...

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It might depend on what the terms of his resignation were. For all we know, part of his golden parachute was to simply deny that these allegations were true. 

My hope is that if that's true, the investigation will uncover any payments made to Creepy Uncle Larry (and anyone else for that matter) and that those payments will need to be explained. If not, the NFL will assume the worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Dan Snyder, take a bow.

Lol, the decline continues. "But ... 8th is still really good! Nothing to worry about!" 

Shocked they were actually #1 for seven straight years! In the past, it took them 5 years to drop one spot. Now they've fallen 4 slots in 3. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It might depend on what the terms of his resignation were. For all we know, part of his golden parachute was to simply deny that these allegations were true. 

I'm certain that was the case. He probably knows far more about Dan than just these videos. And vice versa. One thing's for certain as far as I'm concerned: either Larry is taking the fall for these videos or Dan is. I firmly believe Dan gave the order, not just because I WANT to believe that, but because it just makes the most sense. We'll see what the investigators can uncover and who out there can grow a pair and spill the beans. Getting Larry to flip is probably an impossibility. 

Looks like Gloria doesn't have the videos yet, though, but I think from what I've read, Lisa Banks firm does. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me this is Dan's legacy

Are any other teams not represented at all? I guess Chargers and Colts? That's so damning considering at some point the Redskins probably would have populated Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, and North Carolina. I give them a pass for NC as I'm guessing the Panthers would have taken over that state no matter who owned the Skins. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Are any other teams not represented at all? I guess Chargers and Colts? That's so damning considering at some point the Redskins probably would have populated Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, and North Carolina. I give them a pass for NC as I'm guessing the Panthers would have taken over that state no matter who owned the Skins. 

Rams, Bucs, Jaguars, Bills and Bengals aren't represented at all, either. Colts own Indiana on this map.

Pretty telling that the Redskins went from being the "Team of the South" in 1960 to being, well, the team of absolutely nowhere.

Edited by profusion

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me this is Dan's legacy

That's appalling. Everything from southern PA ('Skins held training camp in Carlisle for ages, which is why there were some fans up there) through South Carolina used to be WFT territory.  Minus the city of Baltimore.  The rest of MD was 'Skins territory.  

On an unrelated note, I am slightly surprised there is more Eagles gear sold in PA than Steelers gear.  Maybe it's just because Pittsburgh is smaller?  But there are obnoxious Steeler fans everywhere.  That's the other surprise I see.  Everything else kindof makes sense.  Except Cowboys in Idaho.  And maybe Raiders in Montana. But the Cowboys and Raiders are national brands, and there are a combined 67 people in Idaho and Montana, so, eh, whatever.  

10 minutes ago, profusion said:

Rams, Bucs, Jaguars, Bills and Bengals aren't represented at all, either. Colts own Indiana on this map.

Pretty telling that the Redskins went from being the "Team of the South" in 1960 to being, well, the team of absolutely nowhere.

The Rams just moved to CA, and the 49ers have a strong foothold there.  The Dolphins are a much more established franchise than the Bucs, even if they haven't won anything in forever.  Amazingly, they've been as irrelevant as the WFT for a longer period of time.  

The Bills aren't going to compete with the Giants in New York. I think you missed the Jets. They're also not represented for the same reason.  And while the Browns have sucked since Jim Brown played there (minus Marty years filled with heartbreak), they have one of the best fan bases in all of sports, so they beat out the Bengals for Ohio.

Every team not represented EXCEPT the WFT has a competing team with greater tradition or popularity in the state, as far as I can tell.  Unless I'm missing something.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Every team not represented EXCEPT the WFT has a competing team with greater tradition or popularity in the state, as far as I can tell.  Unless I'm missing something.  

You don't count the Ravens for us? DC is not exactly a state... yet

They are also one of the hot teams in the league right now so the popularity is there

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

True, and that also applies to the Texans, who I forgot earlier.

The Skins might own Virginia but for the large expat population in Northern Virginia and the Tidewater.

Ok, I just read the article this map is attached to and came across a tremendous red flag.

This data was compiled by totaling the apparel sales across various areas. That means it is probably unwise to extrapolate real conclusions from it.

We are in the middle of a re-brand. We have a temporary brand name. It is not unlikely that a lot of people (I myself am one of them) are holding off on purchases until we have an actual name. Even those that do spend, can possibly be spending less while we are in transition. I would expect to see a regression in sales like this given our situation.

Maps like this comes out every time this year. They usually include DC. Here is one from 2019 that has some good information and compiled in a similar way for those that are interested. Obviously, this one is not effected by a re-brand initiative

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/where-do-nfl-fans-live-mapping-football-fandom-across-the-u-s/

I’ll also throw out that this map will look a lot different next year when we introduce a new brand and ride a spike in sales as a result. It’s not as pretty as it used to be, but there is good reason not to get too worked up over this one.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, the WFT was the team of the south from 1937 until 1960 when the Cowboys arrived...which owner George Preston Marshall vociferously protested. Heck, even the song used to have the lyrics "fight for old Dixie" instead of "fight for old DC."

Seems ironic that a team from the capital of the Union that ended slavery would be foisted upon a resentful South (I'm from the South so I can say that) 😆 during the Great Depression. But I don't think irony was a concept that GPM understood or appreciated.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:33 PM, FootballZombie said:

Ok, I just read the article this map is attached to and came across a tremendous red flag.

This data was compiled by totaling the apparel sales across various areas. That means it is probably unwise to extrapolate real conclusions from it.

We are in the middle of a re-brand. We have a temporary brand name. It is not unlikely that a lot of people (I myself am one of them) are holding off on purchases until we have an actual name. Even those that do spend, can possibly be spending less while we are in transition. I would expect to see a regression in sales like this given our situation.

Maps like this comes out every time this year. They usually include DC. Here is one from 2019 that has some good information and compiled in a similar way for those that are interested. Obviously, this one is not effected by a re-brand initiative

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/where-do-nfl-fans-live-mapping-football-fandom-across-the-u-s/

I’ll also throw out that this map will look a lot different next year when we introduce a new brand and ride a spike in sales as a result. It’s not as pretty as it used to be, but there is good reason not to get too worked up over this one.

I would assume the apparel sales would be based on sales much earlier than the rebrand, though. I didn't read the article so maybe they are including the latest sales but just seems like that might be difficult to do. Maybe not, though...

• Like 1