Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Titans are run heavy. I don’t remember them winning a SuperBowl.

Ideally you want a 55-45 Pass -Run mix. You’re able to run when needed and pass when needed.  That’s easier said than done.

Will Ron’s 2-1 Run heavy offense be able to beat the Mahomes,Allens,Burrows ?

They have the quick strike capability.

Ron can’t field a team that can contend in the modern nfl. The new owner will see that quickly; when Ron gets fired in October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Catching up with Logan Paulsen's latest podcast with Hoffman.

A.  He said they are dealing with something really deep in that building and suggested that's affecting things there.  He didn't explain what that was, said he couldn't talk about it -- hopefully its ownership change but he didn't say what it was.

B.  What they are saying publicly and what they think privately are different animals.  Keim somewhat suggested the same thing saying in one podcast they are disappointed about how the season unfolded 

C.  They are sensitive about avoiding saying anything that kicks at Wentz on the way out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He said they are dealing with something really deep in that building and suggested that's affecting things there. 

It can't be a whole lot of things can it? Its either

-Ownership change and the complications that come with it

-The money situation as a result of impending ownership change

-Impending threat of a total house-cleaning

Or its the wildcard that Major Tuddy is demanding that his Commander rank be re-instated after his demotion. 

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It can't be a whole lot of things can it? Its either

-Ownership change and the complications that come with it

-The money situation as a result of impending ownership change

-Impending threat of a total house-cleaning

Probably but not sure.  Paulsen said it in a somber tone. 

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think the fact that Zampese is being interviewed I'd be surprised if it isn't him who is the hire.  Let's see how long this search last before they name him the new OC.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  He said they are dealing with something really deep in that building and suggested that's affecting things there.  He didn't explain what that was, said he couldn't talk about it -- hopefully its ownership change but he didn't say what it was.

B.  What they are saying publicly and what they think privately are different animals.  Keim somewhat suggested the same thing saying in one podcast they are disappointed about how the season unfolded 

C.  They are sensitive about avoiding saying anything that kicks at Wentz on the way out.

Saying they are dealing with something really deep would really need to mean something outside of the ownership issue otherwise it’s a fairly useless statement.

But who knows.

• Confused 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Saying they are dealing with something really deep would really need to mean something outside of the ownership issue otherwise it’s a fairly useless statement.

But who knows.

Not sure.  Paulsen just slipped it in the podcast in the context of the press conference suggesting they are dealing with something else that's preoccupying them and it didn't sound like it was good based on his tone but he didn't elaborate.  It just sort of slipped out, it didn't feel like a tease from Paulsen.  

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably but not sure.  Paulsen said it in a somber tone. 

There you go, SIP.  All they would need is a QB coach.  Rather have another option but I think he's the guy.  They need not let this drag out if Z is the one. 

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron stepping down

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure.  Paulsen just slipped it in the podcast in the context of the press conference suggesting they are dealing with something else that's preoccupying them and it didn't sound like it was good based on his tone but he didn't elaborate.  It just sort of slipped out, it didn't feel like a tease from Paulsen.  

yeh, as zim said, i' wonder if it might be about ron...i just hope it aint health related

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Based on the tone of what SIP typed it out sounds like it. Hopefully it just exhaustion and not return of the c

Something Deep. Zim maybe right. Somber tone.    Change in ownership isn’t   Somber.  It has to be something personal and it could be a health issue. That’s the only thing that could be a somber thing.

If it is a health issue and it’s Ron, maybe it’s cancer or some other health issue. Maybe Ron tells Danya on Monday and resigns?

• Sad 2

I know some will bring up the Scott firing as a possible reason for why Ron wouldnt step down. 

Theres enough personal respect from Ron towards the Turner family to get Scott free early into the process to allow a better field for him to get a good landing. What Ron Im sure doesnt want to do in this situation is resign in a week or 2 or what ever after the Dan meeting and leave the Scott decision to some one else knowing he have a significantly smaller pool to dive into. 

Spotify link 50:25

Edited by Zim489
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Something Deep. Zim maybe right. Somber tone.    Change in ownership isn’t   Somber.  It has to be something personal and it could be a health issue. That’s the only thing that could be a somber thing.

If it is a health issue and it’s Ron, maybe it’s cancer or some other health issue. Maybe Ron tells Danya on Monday and resigns?

Could be depression from his mom passing plus the stress of the NFL could just be too much for him and he wants to step away to spend time with his family. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

Could be depression from his mom passing plus the stress of the NFL could just be too much for him and he wants to step away to spend time with his family. 

He has grown increasingly exhausted through the year in his pressers. He clearly hates that media doesnt have the backing like he had in Charlotte. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

He has grown increasingly exhausted through the year in his pressers. He clearly hates that media doesnt have the backing like he had in Charlotte. 

I would be shocked if RR resigns.  I don't think that is it.  Maybe a potential seller is close to buying but that is it.  JMO like all of yours.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I would be shocked if RR resigns.  I don't think that is it.  Maybe a potential seller is close to buying but that is it.  JMO like all of yours.  

As @88Comrade2000said a somber feeling about Dan selling I would have a hard time believing. If it was already in the finishing process of selling and their jobs are imminent danger that would be one thing but by all accounts the coaching staff is for the most part safe this year. Maybe Ron knows he likely has his GM abilities stripped of him and its dragging the room down? Who knows there. 

I listened to the clip. I think calling Paulsen’s tone “somber” is exaggerating - that’s just kinda how he speaks on the air.

It certainly could be health-related (which I hope it’s not), but it could just as easily be something else: ownership change, Congressional investigation, employee HR issues, hell, the Ryan Vermillion DEA thing…

All Paulsen said is that it was bigger picture stuff that’s not on anyone’s radar that he could never speak about publicly. And that they basically only do the press conferences because they’re contractually obligated to but don’t really care about them.

Edited by CapsSkins

Biggest thing to me is @Skinsinparadise saying it was more of a slip by Logan than an intentional leak AND that Logan said it in a somber tone.

Don't think it's sales related based on that. They all are resigned to the inevitability of ownership change.

I don't want to put the thoughts/fears I'm having out into the universe. So I will remain mute until we know definitively what's going on, as I believe that thoughts can have power in this world-- even when you don't want them too.

However, I am bracing myself for something quite sad while hoping I am completely wrong.

☹️

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I listened to the clip. I think calling Paulsen’s tone “somber” is exaggerating - that’s just kinda how he speaks on the air.

It certainly could be health-related (which I hope it’s not), but it could just as easily be something else: ownership change, Congressional investigation, employee HR issues, hell, the Ryan Vermillion DEA thing…

All Paulsen said is that it was bigger picture stuff that’s not on anyone’s radar that he could never speak about publicly. And that they basically only do the press conferences because they’re contractually obligated to but don’t really care about them.

I also wouldn’t say that Paulsen “let it slip” as if to say he said it unintentionally.

I think he deliberately gave context that they’re dealing with much bigger picture things in that building and thus they aren’t concerned about being super precise in their press conferences.

The biggest takeaway really is that you can take the Mayhew/Rivera press conference and basically just ignore it. It’s all PR / coach speak.

• Like 2

Just want to go on record -- I'm praying that Robert Griffin III,  doesn't get his tendrils/hooks into the new ownership of the Washington franchise.  

He truly was a "flash-in-pan" QB, but he's also turned out to be a "dump-in-the- pan" blogger/analyst. 

Griffin should not be anywhere near involved in a decision-making role for this franchise; heck, he couldn't figure out how to slide, much less make more complicated spot decisions.

My apologies, in advance, to all you "RG3" fans who really loved Griffin's breakout run vs. the Vikings  that happened n the previous decade.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

My apologies, in advance, to all you "RG3" fans who really loved Griffin's breakout run vs. the Vikings  that happened n the previous decade.

I did love the breakout run, and in fact was sitting in the opposite end zone when it happened.... 

...but I agree, I want none parts of him anywhere near this franchise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

Just want to go on record -- I'm praying that Robert Griffin III,  doesn't get his tendrils/hooks into the new ownership of the Washington franchise.  

He truly was a "flash-in-pan" QB, but he's also turned out to be a "dump-in-the- pan" blogger/analyst. 

Griffin should not be anywhere near involved in a decision-making role for this franchise; heck, he couldn't figure out how to slide, much less make more complicated spot decisions.

?? where does this post even come from, very strange thing to even bring up. The guy doesn’t have that kind of money or those kind of connections. At all. 

• Like 1