Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Random, but the Bears are in crazy great position for the offseason. $100 mil in cap to spend. First pick and the Texans should absolutely trade up to 1 for it. then the Bears can trade back from 2. They have a chance to turn the franchise around like the Eagles did and really set themselves up long term.

We can aboslutely do the same thing this offseason too. Frustrating that we wont either.

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

We can aboslutely do the same thing this offseason too. Frustrating that we wont either.

We can get the 1rst pick, trade it for the second, then trade that and load up on multiple day1/2 draft picks for several years, while having $100 mil in cap space? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We can get the 1rst pick, trade it for the second, then trade that and load up on multiple day1/2 draft picks for several years, while having $100 mil in cap space? 

Set ourselves up for the 100 mil in cap space for 24. WIth a high super high pick probably spent on one of the elite QBs. 

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If McVay is on the table, then I will sell all of myself to get him.  Like nothing out of bounds.  If he's there to get, then he's got to get gotten.

I don't know, something makes me question his desire to keep coaching, unless he's not a west coast guy and wants to coach in a city in the East??? Any time I hear a coach wants to take some time to decide if he wants to return makes me question their enthusiasm for continuing to coach. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Random, but the Bears are in crazy great position for the offseason. $100 mil in cap to spend. First pick and the Texans should absolutely trade up to 1 for it. then the Bears can trade back from 2. They have a chance to turn the franchise around like the Eagles did and really set themselves up long term.

Having that much cap space is overrated. Means you lack in foundational players. It’s a recipe for them to set up to way overpay for FAs. Also FA is way harder to execute vs the draft, especially the more expensive folks

Not sure how to feel about Poles either. Smart for them to trade off vets who do not fit their timeline but that Claypool trade is looking horrible so far

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

Having that much cap space is overrated. Means you lack in foundational players. It’s a recipe for them to set up to way overpay for FAs. Also FA is way harder to execute vs the draft, especially the more expensive folks

Not sure how to feel about Poles either. Smart for them to trade off vets who do not fit their timeline but that Claypool trade is looking horrible so far

The Claypool trade was a bust, but I like the hustle. 

I get that it's better to have a good team in place, but when you don't and you're about to load up on draft picks and build a team, while already having your QB, it's certainly better to have money than not. They can build their team and when these contracts all expire, they should have a lot of highly drafted players to resign.

Would you rather be the Bears or Texans right now? If the Bears draft well, maybe not next year, but they should be very good for a decade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't know, something makes me question his desire to keep coaching, unless he's not a west coast guy and wants to coach in a city in the East??? Any time I hear a coach wants to take some time to decide if he wants to return makes me question their enthusiasm for continuing to coach. 

I think McVay may be a little burnt out. Plus he knows things are about to get ugly for the Rams after having hardly any draft picks. 

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

i don’t think there are any day half pics. I think it’s either a whole day with a whole pick or no day with no pick. I’ll see myself out now.

Schitts Creek Goodbye GIF by CBC

• Haha 5

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I get that it's better to have a good team in place, but when you don't and you're about to load up on draft picks and build a team, while already having your QB, it's certainly better to have money than not. They can build their team and when these contracts all expire, they should have a lot of highly drafted players to resign.

Would you rather be the Bears or Texans right now? If the Bears draft well, maybe not next year, but they should be very good for a decade.

The Bears are us in the NFC North. I don't think they have their answer at QB and until they do, will flounder between mediocre and bad. But if I had to chose betwixt those two, I'd chose Da Bears.

Just now, CobraCommander said:

The Bears are us in the NFC North. I don't think they have their answer at QB and until they do, will flounder between mediocre and bad. But if I had to chose betwixt those two, I'd chose Da Bears.

Heard today on the radio that the Bears could possibly consider trading Fields if they like one of the kids coming out as their next franchise QB better? How bout that? 

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He'll yeah its possible. 

We just gotta get Kevin Costner in as g.m.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Heard today on the radio that the Bears could possibly consider trading Fields if they like one of the kids coming out as their next franchise QB better? How bout that? 

Doubt they'd get much value. Fields is arguably the worst passing QB in the league and already has shown a tendency to get injured. They'd get more value trading out of #1 and trying to load up the roster around Fields similar to what Philly did with Hurts.

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Doubt they'd get much value. Fields is arguably the worst passing QB in the league and already has shown a tendency to get injured. They'd get more value trading out of #1 and trying to load up the roster around Fields similar to what Philly did with Hurts.

I don’t think Fields is the type of QB they want from what has been reported. If they love Young, draft him and trade Fields, even if it is a Day 2 pick

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I’d rather be the Bears but having all this much cap space so early in a rebuild is a recipe to overpay a bunch of JAGs like the Jaguars did last offseason (although Kirk ended up being worth the value…Zay Jones, Scherff and Oluokom were not)

24 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If McVay is on the table, then I will sell all of myself to get him.  Like nothing out of bounds.  If he's there to get, then he's got to get gotten.

I'd think McVay is off the table for any team without a QB, no offense to Howell.  

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not that I don't think Dan would go scorched earth and jettison every employee before selling the team, but what coaching group is going to be available in April or whatever? That would suck.

Why I think Ron steps down to retire. He has sounded exhausted this season. You can still get a great GM option. There’s more candidates than Jobs. JDR as the interim for the year 

• Thumb down 1

49 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t think Fields is the type of QB they want from what has been reported. If they love Young, draft him and trade Fields, even if it is a Day 2 pick

I’d rather be the Bears but having all this much cap space so early in a rebuild is a recipe to overpay a bunch of JAGs like the Jaguars did last offseason (although Kirk ended up being worth the value…Zay Jones, Scherff and Oluokom were not)

Jags just went from worst to first in their division and are in the playoffs.

Hard to think the Jags had that bad of an offseason.

I just can't get behind the "too much cap space is a bad thing" argument. It doesn't mean you have to spend like Snyder.

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Why I think Ron steps down to retire. He has sounded exhausted this season. You can still get a great GM option. There’s more candidates than Jobs. JDR as the interim for the year 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ron go to a FO role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

Doubt Rivera steps down. He'd be leaving money on the table and its not like he'd be a hot commodity to sign somewhere else like say Payton or McVay.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jags just went from worst to first in their division and are in the playoffs.

Hard to think the Jags had that bad of an offseason.

I just can't get behind the "too much cap space is a bad thing" argument. It doesn't mean you have to spend like Snyder.

Yeah just because you have a lot of space doesn't mean you have to spend it all(beyond the league required spending floor). Its nice to have flexibility. Also you need that money to resign your own players anyway. Lawrence will break the bank when he signs his long term extension next offseason in Jacksonville.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Yep I think Rivera is worn down. Can probably see the writing on the wall too once new ownership enters the fray.

• Like 1