Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The Washington Commanders are headed for a possible sale. 

Commanders owner Dan Snyder and his wife, co-CEO Tanya Snyder, announced in a news release on Wednesday that they have hired Bank of America “to consider potential transactions.”

While that could mean a partial sale, a source with knowledge of the situation told Front Office Sports a full sale of the team remains more than a possibility amid five active investigations and given the overall tumult in Dan Snyder’s 23-plus years as owner.

“He had no choice,” one source told FOS.

In their statement, the Snyders said they “remain committed to the team, all of its employees and its countless fans to putting the best product on the field and continuing the work to set the gold standard for workplaces in the NFL.”

The Snyders own the entire team that Forbes values at $5.6 billion.

But the team is expected to fetch closer to $6 billion, even if it has sunk from one of the NFL’s prestige franchises into mediocrity and its outdated stadium needs to be replaced.

If a majority stake is sold, multiple sources told FOS that there’s a leading candidate: Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.

FOS first reported Bezos’ talks to acquire a chunk of the team in February 2021, and Bezos appears to still be interested.

The news of a potential sale comes two weeks after Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay told reporters at the NFL owners meetings that “there is merit to removing” Snyder. While owners had anonymously told FOS and other outlets the same thing, Irsay was the first NFL owner to publicly state such.

“I just think that once owners talk amongst each other they will arrive at the right decision,” Irsay said. “Unfortunately, that’s the road that we need to go down.”

It’d take 24 owners to vote to approve Snyder’s removal, which could become a messy process with potential litigation involved. Multiple owners told FOS that the easiest path toward new ownership of the Commanders would be pressuring Snyder to offload the team he purchased for $800 million in 1999.

The announcement by the team comes as results of the House Oversight Committee’s investigation and the NFL’s outside investigation are expected to be released in the coming weeks. The attorneys general in Virginia, D.C., and Maryland also have active probes into the team’s alleged financial irregularities.

While Bank of America would appear to be an odd choice given the financial institution isn’t a go-to for such transactions, it is one of the main banks utilized by Snyder. Bank of America helped Dan Snyder pay close to $1 billion to buy out the 40% of the team he didn’t already own last year.

https://frontofficesports.com/dan-snyder-is-exploring-sale-of-washington-commanders/

Here's what I think what's gone down:

Goodell has been very silently and quietly lining up potential buyers for the past few weeks, perhaps the past few months.  Wanted to get ahead of the MJW report, all the while the public pressure for Snyder to sell is ramping up organically.  

Snyder goes to NYC after the Colts win, they show him what's in the MJW report thus far.  And then they let him know that they have 4 potential buyers lined up that are interested.

No way that this story breaks earlier this morning and they've already got 4 inquiries lined up that quickly, it doesn't happen that fast.  

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, repo_4 said:

Ok... This team is currently ran the same way that Amazon is (employees being treated like garbage and morale non-existent) and you blame Dan for it because he is the owner and refuses to change it. But Bezos is NOT to blame although he is also the owner, has the same issues and refuses to change it. It can't be both ways.

There’s a time and a place for standing up for Amazon worker rights and that time is not today.

Alex Newell Vibe GIF by NBC

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

Ok... This team is currently ran the same way that Amazon is (employees being treated like garbage and morale non-existent) and you blame Dan for it because he is the owner and refuses to change it. But Bezos is NOT to blame although he is also the owner, has the same issues and refuses to change it. It can't be both ways.

Bezos isn't Dan.  Dan isn't Bezos.

Miss me with the whole "BEZOS IS TEH DEBIL" thoughts.  I'm not here for it.  

Just because someone in a warehouse feels (rightfully so, I might add) that they're not being valued, they're mistreated, etc means absolutely NOTHING as his prospects of his ownership.

Know how I know?  Because I don't hear anyone at the WaPo saying that they're terribly mistreated.  I don't hear anyone at Whole Foods saying they're abused and that morale is terrible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just because someone in a warehouse feels (rightfully so, I might add) that they're not being valued, they're mistreated, etc means absolutely NOTHING as his prospects of his ownership.

Know how I know?  Because I don't hear anyone at the WaPo saying that they're terribly mistreated.  I don't hear anyone at Whole Foods saying they're abused and that morale is terrible.

Wrong place and time for this discussion. I'm out.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Ok, great.   I'm glad you're happy.    Can we now get behind the team starting this Sunday?   

Serious question—what the hell is wrong with you that you’re not happy right now 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

I just hope the only stipulation is the team cannot be moved out of the DMV area.

No stipulation needed.  This area is recession proof and houses several of the richest counties in the country.  Oh,  and once housed one of the largest, most loyal, fanbases in all of sport and there will be folks crawling out from under rocks to find the bandwagon and jump back on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Interesting twist.. : r/memes

Bezos needs our support now more than ever!

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Could you imagine the partnership expansion between the NFL and Amazon if Bezos is an owner.

I'm talking yearly national televised game on prime day where we play a home game every season.

My minds running wild over here

Considering we've traditionally sucked donkey nuts on prime time games, I'd rather not.  

• Like 1

So, last year the minority owners sold 40 percent for less than a billion and now the reports are that 100 percent is worth 6 billion. 

Guess they should have held on.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Considering we've traditionally sucked donkey nuts on prime time games, I'd rather not.  

What we've done Traditionally won't matter anymore the disease that created that symptom will be gone.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Considering we've traditionally sucked on prime time games, I'd rather not.  

I mean, there IS a reason for that……Snyder and the decisions/hires he’s made……. If this team has a better owner, who actually LETS a GM and head coach work together to build this team the right way, the losing in prime time games might just end. 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

So, last year the minority owners sold 40 percent for less than a billion and now the reports are that 100 percent is worth 6 billion. 

Guess they should have held on.

Yep he’s going to make serious profit on that buy out.

15 minutes ago, repo_4 said:

Please stop. These conversations can wait. It’s a good day here, let’s come together in ****ing revelry as a reunited fanbase—we’ve been waiting DECADES for this, we’ve wished and fought for it, and now it’s seemingly real. This is the start of the party of the damn century—the logistics of who the new asshole owner is and what potential problems they may bring can wait until the hangover breakfast. 

• Like 7