Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I think many of us are finding it hard to care about the pieces that get rearranged and replaced on Snyder's game board for whatever comes next. With the increasing chance that there may actually be a road that leads to Dan selling, and with yet another failed coaching regime, I find it hard to care about things like if Howell should start over Heineke, or if Scott Turner should get replaced mid season. Or who the next coach Dan will pick is.

There is a game within the game now, and the only thing that matters is winning against the entire Snyder family. I was more excited when that ESPN article dropped, when Al Michaels said his piece, and with every following article, then I have been for a while with this team in general.

Also have to say with all of this coming out now, I think some of us have crossed a point of no return with the team. If all of this in 1-3 years ends with the dust settling and the Snyder's retaining ownership of the franchise for life, honestly that's probably the last time this franchise gets to crush our hopes on any level. The last drop squeezed out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is what the posters who have advocated against “death by a thousand cuts” all along have missed, and what MANY of us here argued—that once you successfully saturate the national conversation and public consciousness with this guy’s grossness, it’s going to make a difference. And yes, it took a long time. But it doesn’t just add up—it compounds, and has been this whole time. This is what the people here who didn’t have the stomach for the long game missed—there didn’t need to just be one obvious smoking gun. They would argue that all these constant small stories did was hurt the on-field product because Snyder was Teflon. Nah. There needed to be a never-ending murmur of drama that raised in intensity over time as it slowly spiraled more and more out of Snyder’s ability to keep it in his local media orbit. 

Now would be an incredible time for one of these enormous Washington Post synopsis pieces where they re-litigate, or at least recap, every single crappy story about this guy from day one. The cutting down the trees illegally for his mansion’s view. The suing of the old lady season ticket holder. EVERYTHING. Pile it on. People are paying attention now in a way they weren’t in the past. Remind people how long and how consistently this turd has dirtied the NFL waters, and don’t stop until the vote happens. And then…flush him.

I admit I have a little good natured grudge against some of those posters because some of them were really angry and mocked some of us (including me) for rooting for this or believing in it.  Now, who knows the cynics might win out.  But I'll say at a minimum blood is in the water and multiple national plugged in writers think Dan's demise is just a matter of time.

I hope the WP if they are working on another story puts it out ASAP.  One of their reporters months back alluded to they are working on a new story with some juice.

The theme of some of these writers including the ESPN writers who talked to from what I gather 10 owners -- there is a breaking point with Dan and that breaking point if its not here yet its pretty close.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Dan not selling isn't news.  The owners have to vote him out.  If Dan ends up gone and I can choose how he goes, I'd much rather it go like the James Bond villain he is where his ship blows up to end the movie.  Dan going down kicking and screaming, if he loses his ownership, has more poetry to it.  It would be the Shakesperian ending.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Anybody familiar with the NFL bylaws know whether the 24 vote rule needs a reason (aka conduct detrimental to the league or something similar), or does not need any reason a la at-will employment?

Hoping it's the latter and the 24-vote killshot cannot be challenged in court.

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is what the posters who have advocated against “death by a thousand cuts” all along have missed, and what MANY of us here argued—that once you successfully saturate the national conversation and public consciousness with this guy’s grossness, it’s going to make a difference. And yes, it took a long time. But it doesn’t just add up—it compounds, and has been this whole time. This is what the people here who didn’t have the stomach for the long game missed—there didn’t need to just be one obvious smoking gun. They would argue that all these constant small stories did was hurt the on-field product because Snyder was Teflon. Nah. There needed to be a never-ending murmur of drama that raised in intensity over time as it slowly spiraled more and more out of Snyder’s ability to keep it in his local media orbit. 

Now would be an incredible time for one of these enormous Washington Post synopsis pieces where they re-litigate, or at least recap, every single crappy story about this guy from day one. The cutting down the trees illegally for his mansion’s view. The suing of the old lady season ticket holder. EVERYTHING. Pile it on. People are paying attention now in a way they weren’t in the past. Remind people how long and how consistently this turd has dirtied the NFL waters, and don’t stop until the vote happens. And then…flush him.

We call this the Tipping Point.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Anybody familiar with the NFL bylaws know whether the 24 vote rule needs a reason (aka conduct detrimental to the league or something similar), or does not need any reason a la at-will employment?

Hoping it's the latter and the 24-vote killshot cannot be challenged in court.

When I looked a while back pretty sure it states for any reason and once decided the owner being voted out has no legal recourse. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

When I looked a while back pretty sure it states for any reason and once decided the owner being voted out has no legal recourse. 

HAIL YEAH!

Come on, Jimmy! Whip those votes!

March is the date! If the vote comes down, we party in the streets - I'll fly back to DC like I did for the Stanley Cup Finals in 2018 so I can celebrate with my brothers and sisters! PLAN THE PARADE!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3