Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

What about putting the team in a trust until his kids turn 40 or something?    and in the meantime, the team would be without an owner.    Maybe just have a board of directors or something? 

KEEP YOUR HORRIBLE IDEAS TO YOURSELF!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b8k7btr2wlqkwj1wjn7m

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

What about putting the team in a trust until his kids turn 40 or something?    and in the meantime, the team would be without an owner.    Maybe just have a board of directors or something? 

Honestly at the end of the day I’m not sure a stadium deal gets done with any Snyder involved. That family name has such a stigma and negative association that I don’t believe anyone wants to hang their neck out for them. 

If the other owners, are in fact, basically telling everyone that only a stadium saves them. They are signaling to the states that if they hold out they could get a better overall partner to work with for the next 30 years, it seems like a no brained to wait it out to see what happens. 

I personally think VA was his best / last chance of getting a sweetheart publicly financed deal. I don’t think MD or DC will give him what he needs. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

The idea that a team that represents a city and a fanbase of hundreds of thousands or millions could be owned by one rich dude and then passed down to his kid like some sort of heirloom was always so ****ed up to me, even before the societal awakening about these billionaires being assholes in general. 

It's our fault for becoming emotionally invested in a privately owned, for-profit corporation.

• Like 1

On the TNF broadcast they’ve pivoted from “transferring ownership to Tanya” to “transferring ownership to his kids” which I assume includes the older daughters (always thought it was weird that people skipped right down to his college aged son just because he’s a dude, btw). 

Horrible obviously but that means they’re ALREADY hearing the outage about Tanya and pivoting the “compromises” they’re quietly floating. That’s backed into the corner behavior if I’ve ever seen it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

On the TNF broadcast they’ve pivoted from “transferring ownership to Tanya” to “transferring ownership to his kids” which I assume includes the older daughters (always thought it was weird that people skipped right down to his college aged son just because he’s a dude, btw). 

Horrible obviously but that means they’re ALREADY hearing the outage about Tanya and pivoting the “compromises” they’re quietly floating. That’s backed into the corner behavior if I’ve ever seen it. 

I'm not saying this is the ideal situation.  Just trying to be realistic.    Apparently they are smart, good kids.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

The idea that a team that represents a city and a fanbase of hundreds of thousands or millions could be owned by one rich dude and then passed down to his kid like some sort of heirloom was always so ****ed up to me, even before the societal awakening about these billionaires being assholes in general. 

It's been that way in the NFL unfortunately. The Bidwells, Irsays, Maras, McCaskeys, and Rooney's all gave their teams to their kids. There's probably a few I forgot.

We're screwed.

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not saying this is the ideal situation.  Just trying to be realistic.    Apparently they are smart, good kids.

But they won't really be running the team, Pop Snyder will from his landline phone at his mansion

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

I, for one, look forward to the reign of King Joffrey. I mean King Gerry. Hail Snyder! 

• Haha 2

Couldn’t give two ****s about the game tonight until the espn story broke

watched pregame. Don’t think I’ve watched any pregame show for 2-3 years now. and rarely before that. 

i get as excited for “is this the one that gets him” now as I did packing up for games years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

1. Who gives a ****. 2. Who is saying that? 3. Nobody would know that. 4. It’s not a solution at all, realistic or not. 5. Are you related to these people? Real question. Your posts on this topic are so weird

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

1. Who gives a ****. 2. Who is saying that? 3. Nobody would know that. 4. It’s not a solution at all, realistic or not. 5. Are you related to these people? Real question. Your posts on this topic are so weird

You think that’s bad, catch him in the tailgate.

• Like 1

Just now, tshile said:

The great thing about this game sucking tonight is it gives Snyder absolutely nothing to take his mind off the NFL hit job starting this morning. 

That’s been my thought all day.

It’s hard for me to root for a Jon Allen or Terry McLaurin to lose.  But I really believe a total bottom out is what the doctor ordered.  

• Like 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s been my thought all day.

It’s hard for me to root for a Jon Allen or Terry McLaurin to lose.  But I really believe a total bottom out is what the doctor ordered.  

I was rooting for a safety and the bears to win 2-0. 

I suppose it is still possible. 

• Haha 2