Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

It's only a matter of time we hear how Dan was the driving force behind signing WJ3.

Dan:  We need a top CB

Ron:  I think Darby is a top CB and we should keep him

Dan:  Vinny told me Jackson is the top CB and I want you to sign him

Ron:  Jackson?   He's a man corner and we play mostly zone

Dan:  I don't care.  Sign him.  Overpay if you have to.  

I realize you are being facetious, but not a chance in hell that Dan knew who WJ3 was.  Dan is a splash guy.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What purpose does it serve any of those guys to make this up or leak it?

Is that a trick question?

The team is 1-4.  Ron & crew are failing.   Ron said "Quarterback".   It's almost like Ron knew this story was coming out this week and got ahead of it.    Blaming the QB and then having it be Dan's guy..."See, it's not my fault.  It's Dan"   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Especially during the season, all it does it bring drama and if anything puts Ron on the spot and creates a weird vibe with Wentz in the locker room.  

Maybe it is linked to the fact that the owners do have a meeting soon in NY.

That one will really be interesting because well, ESPN really painted Dan as an evil guy that is anchored to his toy like an oyster to its rock.

Honestly reading the article made me think about:

3694542.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

You should look up the term “confirmation bias”. The fact that you say you believe everything else in that article except this one thing about Wentz should be an eye-opener for you. 

There's a difference in believing the non football stuff VS. the football stuff.

I just saw another guy on ESPN say that the NFL owners would prefer Tanya as owner as she’s more popular than Dan. 

Tell me they’re not that Dumb. That would totally defeat the purpose of removing Dan. IMO, they’re partners in crime. I know someone else said, “maybe they’ll give her ownership and she’ll sell.” Who wants to take that chance? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think Dan was told that Wentz is the best they can get and he said go for it.   What's wrong with that?

I'm sure if we were 4-1 and Wentz was playing great, the story would have been how Snyder wanted Wilson at all costs and had to be talked into Wentz.

Reading that story and knowing Keim's style its likely deeper than that.

And lol if anything I am trying to find a narrative to help Dan here versus going with the story the way its written -- so if I am going to help the douche on this story, the best I can think of it is Dan was told about a bevy of choices they were considering and Dan got hyped and said you got to make that deal, whatever it takes.

The actual story said that Dan drove the bus on the whole thing.  And yes that could be true.

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Is that a trick question?

The team is 1-4.  Ron & crew are failing.   Ron said "Quarterback".   It's almost like Ron knew this story was coming out this week and got ahead of it.    Blaming the QB and then having it be Dan's guy..."See, it's not my fault.  It's Dan"   

Can you provide any examples where leaks about Dan’s interference or injection into football decisions, where he’s ever been vindicated?

You go on and on, about how every coach just uses Dan as a scapegoat for everything, yet you have no proof or evidence to back these theories up. 

Dan, the king of petty and vindictive guy who litigates against old ladies, conducts background investigations, and will generally sue or threaten to sue anyone for coming at him sideways.  Sure, everyone including reporters just all Willy-nilly tell lies about him and he chooses to do absolutely nothing about it.

Tin Foil GIF

• Like 2

That story has to be vetted to the gills for ESPN to release it. Hell they paid 2.6 billion per season for MNF through 2033. 

Dan pushing for Wentz fits his history and matches the narrative of having to win big and soon this year. A lot of the stuff is new but the least shocking IMO is that his ouster is going to be based on finances. 

His inability to secure a stadium is going to be death blow. Owners can look at the Bills and see what a competent owner and team go in a much smaller market. That has to reflect back on Dan. 

I for one have a glimmer of hope that he will be forced out. The next guy can’t really be any worse, but they could be so much better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I just saw another guy on ESPN say that the NFL owners would prefer Tanya as owner as she’s more popular than Dan. 

Tell me they’re not that Dumb. That would totally defeat the purpose of removing Dan. IMO, they’re partners in crime. I know someone else said, “maybe they’ll give her ownership and she’ll sell.” Who wants to take that chance? 

I don’t think she can get a stadium done either. I think that’s the tipping point for the other owners. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’m totally qualified to run this team. Like Tanya, I am a survivor. Vasectomy here. Don’t cry for me. It has made me stronger.

You can hire a lawyer to spin that it was done during an earthquake and the doctor had hiccups. There's all the business cred you need... 🤣

• Haha 1

According to ESPN’s Seth Wickersham, Don Van Natta Jr. and Tisha Thompson, Snyder is “far more involved running the club than most realize, imploring football decision-makers last March to trade for quarterback Carson Wentz.”

“‘It was 100% a Dan move,’ says a source with knowledge of the inner workings of the deal. But in the team’s statement to ESPN, Rivera insisted that he brought the idea of acquiring Wentz to Dan and Tanya, who supported it. ‘They love this game and this team,’ he said.”

Hearing that Snyder hopes a marquee quarterback will chase a way all his problems, an owner laughed: ‘Carson Wentz?'”

This certainly opens a pandora’s box of questions. For one, Snyder directly violated the punishment stemming from the Wilkinson investigation. That’s a problem, but so is the punishment, which amounted to a slap on the wrist and wasn’t nearly substantial enough to actually convince Snyder to take a back seat.

On the other hand, you’re forced to question if Wentz is actually Rivera’s guy. With the head coach causing a stir this week by saying “quarterback” is the reason the Commanders aren’t as successful as the other teams in the division, this report certainly paints those comments in a different light.

https://riggosrag.com/2022/10/13/2-huge-takeaways-espn-bombshell-report-commanders-dan-snyder-wentz-jones/

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Can you provide any examples where leaks about Dan’s interference or injection into football decisions, where he’s ever been vindicated?

You go on and on, about how every coach just uses Dan as a scapegoat for everything, yet you have no proof or evidence to back these theories up. 

Dan, the king of petty and vindictive guy who litigates against old ladies, conducts background investigations, and will generally sue or threaten to sue anyone for coming at him sideways.  Sure, everyone including reporters just all Willy-nilly tell lies about him and he chooses to do absolutely nothing about it.

Tin Foil GIF

• Like 3

I knew Dan had his fingerprints on the Wentz deal as soon as he made the "we finally got a Quaterback" comment and Ron's wording when he said it "forced" them to come up with a new plan for Free Agency once they signed him. A leopard cannot change his spots, Dan is exactly who he has always been. 

Link to comment where I speculated just that, not revisionist history. 

https://es.redskins.com/topic/438561-a-new-start-the-reboot-the-front-office-ownership-coaching-staff-thread/?do=findComment&comment=12330804

Edited by CarlH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

They are that dumb, I believe.  Tanya is fine but she's still attached to Dan, as you said they're partners in crime. She's gotta go, too.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan's a piece of ****.  And I'm firmly convinced that he doesn't give a **** about really suing and winning against old ladies, etc, he's just doing that for show.  He's not doing it to **** over the old ladies, the reporter who wrote that awesome A-Z column a few years ago, etc...he's doing it for show, he's sending a message to anyone/everyone that "If you try to **** with me, I'll come after you," and I think it's largely worked for him.  Hopefully, until now.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know when the fall league owners meeting is? Could a vote to kick Snyder out happen that week?

I believe in the article today they said it's coming up soon.  Late October/early November.  

Man, if they vote to kick him out at that meeting...no, I don't need any Christmas presents this year.  

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Vote Him Out!!

This is being released today because we have a National game tonight.  Someone wants to maximize the spotlight on Danny boy.. I applaud their efforts. Jerry is that you? Roger? Idk, but this isn’t a coincidence. Vote him Out! 

Exactly.  You go back  a week or two ago when EB said his source said something big is coming.  Then you have letter about the Congressional investigation.  Then this story comes pout today.  It’s been in the works for some time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

There's a difference in believing the non football stuff VS. the football stuff.

You believe in the diligence of the reporting or you don’t. The lines you’re drawing are because you’d have to admit you’re wrong. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

You believe in the diligence of the reporting or you don’t. The lines you’re drawing are because you’d have to admit you’re wrong. 

You guys win.  I'm tired of defending this S storm.    

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong on the rare occasion it happens :) 

By the way...where is everyone seeing that Keim is reporting this stuff?   He didn't write the article and I don't see him mentioned in it. 

• Like 2