Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

29 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

So things have been good up until this point? I think we have been in a really bad era for a couple of decades. It can’t get much worse. We are already a bottom of the league team who is a laughing stock to the rest of the sports world. 

Go Ders!

Seriously, we are like the 6th worst team in the league under Snyder's ownership. I think I looked at our record from the 2015 season on (where we've been at least around .500 many of those years) and we are like 8th or 9th worst.

• Like 1

A good head coach can turn this team around quick, we have a lot of really good players.  I swear this team has the worst coaches in the league.  Jay Gruden said JDR has the easiest defense to read.  Watching the lowlights of last week showed how slow Turner's mesh plays develop.  I think we have the simplest defense and most complex offense.  No wonder why we suck so bad.  

I brought up in the offseason how Scott Turner has never proven the ability to be an effective passing offensive coordinator. I even acknowledged that he was amazingly hamstrung in his previous years, but that does not equate to any level of confidence that he is somehow magically equipped to do a great job when provided the proper tools.

His contract extension was more of an apology rather than a confirmation of ability. Growing pains are expected but this man is causing this team a 12 on the hospital pain chart with what he has done so far.

Most of his players are not doing him any favors, but its still on Scot to put guys in the best position to succeed but his methodology seems like it is putting the O in the worst possible places, where success would require near perfect execution across the board. You have a QB who is known to hold the ball and look for deep shots, combined with an O-line that is clearly struggling and playing against a Dline that is providing constant pressure. I think we all know what type of plays should be minimized in that environment but Scott seemed to prioritize them for way too long.

Scott Turner has managed to be worse than Del Rio so far this season, which is mind boggling. In the last 2 games his O has either provided minimal yards and points for the opposition before going down 22-0 or had negative yardage across the first 9 drives in route to a 24-0 beatdown. He is giving us practically no chance to win.

I'll give him credit that he is not too bad at taking advantage of the absolute allowance opposing teams give us when a game is virtually out of reach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Every coach has failed under Snyder.

I think Ron is utterly mediocre, and I'm so sick of his excuses, but I'm not sure it really even matters at this point. There's always going to be a catch with Danny. Some fly in the ointment. Be it a joke of a GM, or a coach who isn't hungry anymore and just wants to hire his buddies, etc... Or a young coach he just dictates to.

At this point, I'm stuck between rooting for another Rivera run in the midseason just so I have short-term fun on Sundays again... 

... or complete sucktitude, with the stadium so empty that forcing Danny out at least becomes somewhat of a possibility.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

A good head coach can turn this team around quick, we have a lot of really good players.  I swear this team has the worst coaches in the league.  Jay Gruden said JDR has the easiest defense to read.  Watching the lowlights of last week showed how slow Turner's mesh plays develop.  I think we have the simplest defense and most complex offense.  No wonder why we suck so bad.  

I couldn’t disagree more. We don’t have a QB. The Oline needs rebuilt. The entirety of the defense needs replaced. 

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

or complete sucktitude, with the stadium so empty that forcing Danny out at least becomes somewhat of a possibility.

And greater chances tk get lucky at QB early 

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

So things have been good up until this point? I think we have been in a really bad era for a couple of decades. It can’t get much worse. We are already a bottom of the league team who is a laughing stock to the rest of the sports world. 

Go Ders!

We have been mediocre last 2 coaches save Jay’s first and final seasons.

Shanny’s era was mostly bad, double digit losing seasons in 3 out of 4 years.

So, in the 17 game era; we need multiple seasons of 5-12 or worse where you have a Top 7 pick.

The next coach likely to be that guy.

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We have been mediocre last 2 coaches save Jay’s first and final seasons.

Shanny’s era was mostly bad, double digit losing seasons in 3 out of 4 years.

So, in the 17 game era; we need multiple seasons of 5-12 or worse where you have a Top 7 pick.

The next coach likely to be that guy.

I don’t consider 5 playoff appearances and 1 wild card win since 2000 mediocre. 22 years with 5 playoff births and at least one of those we had a losing record at 7-10. So that’s right around 22% of the time we have made the playoffs. 4 we got kicked out right away….I mean, if you believe that is mediocre….cool I guess. But I don’t. 

We are right there with the Lions, Jags, and Browns. I don’t consider them to be mediocre either. Although, they are showing some signs of life, unlike our team. We are bottom dwellers and have been for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I don’t consider 5 playoff appearances and 1 wild card win since 2000 mediocre. 22 years with 5 playoff births and at least one of those we had a losing record at 7-10. So that’s right around 22% of the time we have made the playoffs. 4 we got kicked out right away….I mean, if you believe that is mediocre….cool I guess. But I don’t. 

This is all true but on an individual season by season look we are mediocre nearly every single year. This causes the problem where you never bust out for that run for 11-13 wins for multiple years in a row because you never actually build. Ive been screaming from the mountain top that being in the middle is the worst place to be in sports. It all stems from what ever person is in charge trying to be as good as they can be in that particular year. 

Our draft slot since 2001:15 18 13 5 9 22 6 21 13 4 10 6 22 2(Shanny actively submarining the team on his way out) 5 21 17 13 15 2(Bruce Allens roster management finally caught up) 19 11

As you can see its been mostly mediocre during the time frame

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I understand what y’all are saying, I just don’t see it. I still lump us in with the worst teams in the league.

We are one of the worst but thats because we never compete for anything. Its a cause and effect. 

15 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

We are right there with the Lions, Jags, and Browns. I don’t consider them to be mediocre either. Although, they are showing some signs of life, unlike our team. We are bottom dwellers and have been for a long time. 

You're right, it's not mediocre...it's putrid! The Jags have actually won 3 playoff games during that span, the Browns are improving, and we just lost to the Lions again.

Now, the Jets and Texans, on the other hand...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You're right, it's not mediocre...it's putrid! The Jags have actually won 3 playoff games during that span, the Browns are improving, and we just lost to the Lions again.

Now, the Jets and Texans, on the other hand...

Even the jets have been further in the playoffs than this crap team since 1991. The Texans, they haven’t been closer to the 3rd round round than we have (although they’ve probably won more playoff games than us in that timespan?)

just pathetic. 

• Like 2

Dan IMO is at the root of weakening every coaching tenure in some fashion or form.  As I've explained too many times, I think the cheapness of this off season especially compared to the Eagles is front and center part of the slow start.  

It will always be something with Dan. 

This team IMO has drafted well.  But not playing with some of the rest of the big boy teams in the league in FA and not being willing to backload their cap and front load-cash with some contracts IMO have hurt. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan IMO is at the root of weakening every coaching tenure in some fashion or form.  As I've explained too many times, I think the cheapness of this off season especially compared to the to the Eagles is front and center part of the slow start.  

It will always be something with Dan. 

This team IMO has drafted well.  But not playing with some of the rest of the big boy teams in the league in FA and not being willing to backload their cap and front load-cash wish some contracts IMO have hurt. 

There is definitely something to this. JI Halsell was on someone's podcast recently and he mentioned that signing bonuses and guarantees are placed by the team in an escrow account so that would equate to a lot of cash out of pocket upfront - I don't believe the TV money arrives until the summer so there would be a cash crunch for a few months between the start of FA and the payout of the TV money

12 minutes ago, method man said:

There is definitely something to this. JI Halsell was on someone's podcast recently and he mentioned that signing bonuses and guarantees are placed by the team in an escrow account so that would equate to a lot of cash out of pocket upfront - I don't believe the TV money arrives until the summer so there would be a cash crunch for a few months between the start of FA and the payout of the TV money

This has been talked about since april