Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

After the run in the 80s who would think it would be Dallas and Philly and not is.  Dan's legacy.

One theory I see every now and then on some posts is that Dallas' run under Jerry post their SBs is just as miserable as its been under Dan -- sadly that's far from true.

Among the Dan lowlights for me is i read somewhere for years that Dan would egg Jerry on about their 2 playoff wins versus 1 for Dallas which happened over a span of time as if that's sincere bragging rights.  1 of the 2 playoff wins for Dan was the team he inherited that he quickly dismantled. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

McLaurin was asked what it’s like to manage the regular distractions around the franchise.

“We trust Coach Rivera's vision and how he leads us,” he said. “He does a great job of really handling and taking all the pressures that come on to this organization from outside voices. … As leaders, Jon [Allen] and myself and the other guys in the locker room, we just try to put our best foot forward and represent this organization the best way we can on and off the field. We take that very seriously.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/06/terry-mclaurin-commanders-new-deal/

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

People love to whine about Rivera on here, and on the radio, but he's done an admirable job. Most other coaches would have imploded with a 2, 3, 4 win season. I really want to see what this year brings.

We've had coaches, pretty much all go through the wild Dan whirlwind nonsense in some fashion or form with Gibbs being the exception.  But no one would match what Ron has gone through.  Investigations all over the place.  Name change.  Rebranding.  Stadium quest and failures.  Nonstop crap.

Ron is like a beacon in the storm.  As sleazy and unlikable and nontransparent as Dan is -- Ron is the absolute opposite -- classy, likeable, transparent.

I think its wild that some want the lighthouse in the storm removed from here.  Only upside to that i see is it would allow the crap storm really shoot through the roof and maybe it hastens Dan's demise if there is such a thing as his demise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With the thread taking on a bit of a nautical theme, I've just found out that Americans pronounce yacht as yaat, but in the UK it's pronounced yot. Also, in the US buoy is pronounced boo-ee, but here it's pronounced boy.

We really are separated by a common language.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

With the thread taking on a bit of a nautical theme, I've just found out that Americans pronounce yacht as yaat, but in the UK it's pronounced yot. Also, in the US buoy is pronounced boo-ee, but here it's pronounced boy.

We really are separated by a common language.

Yaat and yot would still be said the same way though, wouldn’t it? 

“Yacht” in the US is pronounced the same as the word “not”. Wouldn’t “yot” just be said the same way? 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've had coaches, pretty much all go through the wild Dan whirlwind nonsense in some fashion or form with Gibbs being the exception.  But no one would match what Ron has gone through.  Investigations all over the place.  Name change.  Rebranding.  Stadium quest and failures.  Nonstop crap.

Ron is like a beacon in the storm.  As sleazy and unlikable and nontransparent as Dan is -- Ron is the absolute opposite -- classy, likeable, transparent.

I think its wild that some want the lighthouse in the storm removed from here.  Only upside to that i see is it would allow the crap storm really shoot through the roof and maybe it hastens Dan's demise if there is such a thing as his demise. 

Agreed. I was a big fan of the hire and still consider RR a classy guy who does not deserve all of this. But then I realized he would have had other options, he knew who Daniel Snyder was and still chose to get in bed with him. So I'm having trouble feeling much sympathy for him now.  Like everyone else he will leave with a reputation that will be worse than when he arrived. 

As for the pronunciation of the word yacht I always heard it here as a word that rhymes with "not".  So not sure how they pronounce it differently in England.  

30 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yaat and yot would still be said the same way though, wouldn’t it? 

“Yacht” in the US is pronounced the same as the word “not”. Wouldn’t “yot” just be said the same way? 

If you google "pronounce yacht" you get the option to listen to both British and American. There's a definite difference, with the US version having an "a" sound in the middle.

It could be wrong, or maybe there are regional differences within the US?

I have never heard the word yacht pronounced with an a sound.  But then again I don't hang with people who use that word a lot.  

I just got back from a wedding, the mother of the bride comes from money and it was a different class of people than I'm used to.  I heard the following sentence at breakfast:  "they built a house in London and are building a vacation home in France". Nope, never heard my friends ever say a sentence like that.  

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

If you google "pronounce yacht" you get the option to listen to both British and American. There's a definite difference, with the US version having an "a" sound in the middle.

It could be wrong, or maybe there are regional differences within the US?

Ah yeah, I do hear a slight difference. I guess I’ve just been using the British pronunciation 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That doesn't even include having to go through cancer treatment on top of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Jay Gruden made it through five seasons and got canned only because the start of his sixth was such a disaster, I think Ron is pretty safe. For as much of a jerk Dan remains, I do think people do apply some narratives from the first decade of his ownership that don't necessarily hold true today.

That said, these double-digit win seasons that some are projecting for this year are going to have to start happening soon.....and consistently....before I proclaim the Rivera era in Washington a success.

• Like 3

I like Ron, but whatever.  I'd rather have a miserable ****er guiding us to the playoffs every year instead of a really nice guy who's only playoff team here was a 7-9 group.

He does provide a nice contrast to the constant ****storm that Dan Snyder leaves in his wake and that's nice.  But that's all it is, is nice.  

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I like Ron, but whatever.  I'd rather have a miserable ****er guiding us to the playoffs every year instead of a really nice guy who's only playoff team here was a 7-9 group.

He does provide a nice contrast to the constant ****storm that Dan Snyder leaves in his wake and that's nice.  But that's all it is, is nice.  

I agree if this run extended for some time.   But not bad IMO so far.  He inherited a 3-13 team.  Turned a bad team -- to mediocre in 2 years.  Now, lets see if they get good. 

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He is actually going to testify?  I'll be damned.  And not a deposition and actual video conference for all to see him squirm.  Oh man, I have to be available that day.  

Ah, looks like typical Snider stuff.  His attorneys have only offered the literal last two days of the session as an option, because they knows anybody there has more important things to do the last two days, where they scramble to complete important business.  Then when they turn him down he can say "Look I tried" or if they accept it he goes "Why arent they focused on more important things being taken care of?".

They should absolutely reject it and give him 4-5 days as options so he really has no excuse(not that he ever had one).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Ah, looks like typical Snider stuff.  His attorneys have only offered the literal last two days of the session as an option, because they knows anybody there has more important things to do the last two days, where they scramble to complete important business.  Then when they turn him down he can say "Look I tried" or if they accept it he goes "Why arent they focused on more important things being taken care of?".

They should absolutely reject it and give him 4-5 days as options so he really has no excuse(not that he ever had one).

Yeah that's what I thought.

Giving the last two days of July to do a video tesifying is kinda a **** you move. They know they are going to turn it down for obvious reasons, and then Snyder will say "Hey I offered you to testify and you rejected it".

Bad faith at its finest.

• Like 2

**** Snyder. Throwing out two days he can testify like he’s doing them a favor. 

**** him. 

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Yeah that's what I thought.

Giving the last two days of July to do a video tesifying is kinda a **** you move. They know they are going to turn it down for obvious reasons, and then Snyder will say "Hey I offered you to testify and you rejected it".

Bad faith at its finest.

Exactly. What a ****ing douche. 

Though I’d probably pull the same move if I had to do something I didn’t wanna do, not gonna lie. 

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

So supposedly Snyder will be in Israel due to the one year anniversary of his mother's passing. That shouldn't be hard to verify...anyone know any journalists in Israel?

What shouldn’t be hard to verify, the anniversary of his moms passing, or him being in Israel? And if it’s him being in Israel…why the need for journalists, when there’s the yacht tracker twitter account? The yacht tracker can verify that without the need for a journalist 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think everyone would like any coach that could get us to the playoffs every year.  The problem is, that's harder to do here than anywhere else.  I don't think anyone likes Ron because he's a 'nice guy'.  I think most of us respect Ron because he's saddled with baggage of epic proportion and somehow is keeping it together, which is more than can be said for a lot of guys that would have taken this position.

It's a literal pipe dream that Dan will ever successfully find and hire an up and coming GM, let him do his job and hire a coach, provide him with every resource needed, and fade into oblivion where all his scandals will be forgotten and not a hinderance any longer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

What do you mean they have important stuff? Are you suggesting this isn't really important stuff? 

8 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

What do you mean they have important stuff? Are you suggesting this isn't really important stuff? 

Pretty sure he’s trying to say “more important stuff” as in, things that 100% CAN’T wait until after their break (however long that is). Everyone here realizes the stuff related to dan is important as well, but if they’re given those two final days to choose from, and have things to do that can’t wait until after the break, they’ll choose those things instead