Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think the idea behind it was that Gibbs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCarthy.

I love Darrel Green and all, but can you imagine what could have been if the Dolphins DIDN'T draft Dan Marino with the second to last pick in the first round of the 1983 draft?  Gibbs has been on record they would have drafted him.  

He probably would have sat a year or two (Joe T. was still good.)  But could you imagine what the 80's and potentially the 90's could have been like with a true franchise QB paired with possibly the best coach in the NFL?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I love Darrel Green and all, but can you imagine what could have been if the Dolphins DIDN'T draft Dan Marino with the second to last pick in the first round of the 1983 draft?  Gibbs has been on record they would have drafted him.  

He probably would have sat a year or two (Joe T. was still good.)  But could you imagine what the 80's and potentially the 90's could have been like with a true franchise QB paired with possibly the best coach in the NFL?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

It's amazing that the Commies haven't had the same opening day starting QB for more than 5 years since Joe Theismann from 1978-85.

Since then, we've had Jay Schroeder, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien (5 years 89-93), John Friesz, Heath Shuler, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, RG III, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Carson Wentz as the opening day starters. 🤨

That's a lot of chumps...🥴

In fact, four of the last five opening day QBs have been acquired via trades, including Wentz.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The Packers won exactly one Super Bowl with Rodgers, but the Skins would have matched or doubled that??? I think the combination of Rodgers and his ego/aloofness plus Snyder and loving stars would have possibly been a disaster. The talent would have flashed for sure, but the dysfunction on this team would have been a nightmare with Rodgers' personality in my opinion. 

Rodgers with Gibbs in the Al Saunders offense and Gregg Williams D would have been special.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rodgers with Gibbs in the Al Saunders offense and Gregg Williams D would have been special.

Again, that's easy to say on paper. Supposedly, Gibbs plus a veteran QB like Brunell along with a RB in his prime like CP was supposed to be special. I'm sure he would have played well, but I don't think Gibbs would have gotten too much more out of him than McCarthy did. I wasn't overly impressed with Gibbs (or Saunders) the offensive mind while he was here in the 2000s. Plus, he left by 2008, so then what? 

Gun to my head, a Redskin Aaron Rodgers career would have produced less than a Packer Aaron Rodgers career...that's my take. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Again, that's easy to say on paper. Supposedly, Gibbs plus a veteran QB like Brunell along with a RB in his prime like CP was supposed to be special. I'm sure he would have played well, but I don't think Gibbs would have gotten too much more out of him than McCarthy did. I wasn't overly impressed with Gibbs (or Saunders) the offensive mind while he was here in the 2000s. Plus, he left by 2008, so then what? 

Gun to my head, a Redskin Aaron Rodgers career would have produced less than a Packer Aaron Rodgers career...that's my take. 

Dude we sucked on the field let us at least pretend there are hypothetical scenarios where we would have been good. 😂 

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Can you imagine Aaron Rodgers with Jim Zorn as the coach?? A-Aron wouldn't be able to hide his disdain on social media for Zorn's "HIP HIP HOORAY!!" cheer.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

At this point I don’t care who gets Washington a Lombardi. I want to see one more before I die. It’s not an unreasonable ask. 

Thats not what you said, but the misdirection is very Snyderesque. From Merriam-Webster "Definition of more power to someone, US, informal

used to say that one approves of what someone is doing and hopes it will be successful
If he wants to write a book, more power to him!

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

In fact, four of the last five opening day QBs have been acquired via trades, including Wentz.

2022: Wentz (trade)

2021: Fitz (FA)

2020: Haskins (Draft)

2019: Keenum (Trade)

2018: Alex (trade)

2015-2017: Cousins (draft)

2012 -2014: Griffin (draft)

well, it’s 3 of the last 5.  Though the 2019 trade for Keenum was barely a trade and everybody knew it wouldn’t work.  He was a bridge to Haskins. AND if Jay’s son, aka Colt McCoy has been healthy he would have started.  

Your overall point is valid, though.  Lots of scrubs.  

This is a great thread where I think someone is finally drawing close to the truth. 

At this point Id put good money on: The minority owners found out that Dan had likely cooked the books.  They were pissed.  But this was also the time a number of the scandals were coming out, and they figured it would be better to sell and get a quick sale at full price before the franchise got devalued or things dragged out in court for an ugly sale in a few years.

So once they knew, they figured out that the one thing Snyder couldnt afford was a full independent review of his books.  So they put together a Notice of Intent with high terms, a price they knew Snyder didnt want to pay but that he had to.  Legally, if he didnt match exactly the NOI they had the right to then sell to anyone.  His right of first refusal only applies if its the full amount and full price they intend to get.  This pissed off Snyder, but he knew he was in trouble.  He then attempted to say their NOI was insufficient and instead he would buy only part of the shares(didnt have the money for all of it as we saw later) and at a different price of course.  He then desperately claimed he had right of first refusal and could just buy what he wanted for how much he claimed their NOI was insufficient.  The minority owners quickly filed with the courts and the courts sided with them obviously.  This then left Snyder with two possibilities: let them sell on the open market and have his accounts audited, or buy on their terms.  He couldnt get a normal loan secured on the franchise(which should have been easy) because they would review the books.  So he convinced the NFL who thought they had already reviewed them so they wouldnt snoop, to lend him the money, and he bought them out.

Now, the NFL is about to find out his financials arent true, hes been skimming money or whatever, and he lied to them to procure the loan.  The minority owners know.  This may likely come down to one of them deciding to share.  The truth of it may not be just that Snyder doesnt want to sell(though I think its true, hes nothing without the team), but that Snyder COULDNT sell.  Any sale would require a review of his books to determine the true value of the team, and that would reveal the discrepancies and the fraud that occurred.  Once he cooked the books he painted himself into a corner, and the combination of the fall of the fanbase, the pandemic, and the last of his cash going to purchase the minority shares put him in a position in 2 years he never thought he would be in.  The Commanders reveal and rollout looked like a sad low-budget affair.  That may have actually been exactly what it was.  Its also why he cant afford to maintain FedEx, and he cant afford a new stadium without the government paying for it all.  Its why the Sean Taylor reveal looked like a sad low-budget affair in front of toilets.

TLDR: Years ago the minority owners found out he had done something with the books.  They used their legal right to provide a Notice of Intent to sell at their terms, to force him to buy them out as otherwise an outsider could examine his books.  He had to borrow from the NFL to do what he couldnt afford, and now the NFL may find out he lied to them to procure that loan, among other things.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

This is a great thread where I think someone is finally drawing close to the truth. 

At this point Id put good money on: The minority owners found out that Dan had likely cooked the books.  They were pissed.  But this was also the time a number of the scandals were coming out, and they figured it would be better to sell and get a quick sale at full price before the franchise got devalued or things dragged out in court for an ugly sale in a few years.

So once they knew, they figured out that the one thing Snyder couldnt afford was a full independent review of his books.  So they put together a Notice of Intent with high terms, a price they knew Snyder didnt want to pay but that he had to.  Legally, if he didnt match exactly the NOI they had the right to then sell to anyone.  His right of first refusal only applies if its the full amount and full price they intend to get.  This pissed off Snyder, but he knew he was in trouble.  He then attempted to say their NOI was insufficient and instead he would buy only part of the shares(didnt have the money for all of it as we saw later) and at a different price of course.  He then desperately claimed he had right of first refusal and could just buy what he wanted for how much he claimed their NOI was insufficient.  The minority owners quickly filed with the courts and the courts sided with them obviously.  This then left Snyder with two possibilities: let them sell on the open market and have his accounts audited, or buy on their terms.  So he convinced the NFL to lend him the money, and he bought them out.

Now, the NFL is about to find out his financials arent true, hes been skimming money or whatever, and he lied to them to procure the loan.  The minority owners know.  This may likely come down to one of them deciding to share.  The truth of it may not be just that Snyder doesnt want to sell(though I think its true, hes nothing without the team), but that Snyder COULDNT sell.  Any sale would require a review of his books to determine the true value of the team, and that would reveal the discrepancies and the fraud that occurred.  Once he cooked the books he painted himself into a corner, and the combination of the fall of the fanbase, the pandemic, and the last of his cash going to purchase the minority shares put him in a position in 2 years he never thought he would be in.  The Commanders reveal and rollout looked like a sad low-budget affair.  That may have actually been exactly what it was.  Its also why he cant afford to maintain FedEx, and he cant afford a new stadium without the government paying for it all.  Its why the Sean Taylor reveal looked like a sad low-budget affair in front of toilets.

TLDR: Years ago the minority owners found out he had done something with the books.  They used their legal right to provide a Notice of Intent to sell at their terms, to force him to buy them out as otherwise an outsider could examine his books.  He had to borrow from the NFL to do what he couldnt afford, and now the NFL may find out he lied to them to procure that loan, among other things.

I could see this bring true. How does Snyder and NFL get out of this?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So once they knew, they figured out that the one thing Snyder couldnt afford was a full independent review of his books.  So they put together a Notice of Intent with high terms, a price they knew Snyder didnt want to pay but that he had to.  Legally, if he didnt match exactly the NOI they had the right to then sell to anyone.  His right of first refusal only applies if its the full amount and full price they intend to get.  This pissed off Snyder, but he knew he was in trouble.  He then attempted to say their NOI was insufficient and instead he would buy only part of the shares(didnt have the money for all of it as we saw later) and at a different price of course.  He then desperately claimed he had right of first refusal and could just buy what he wanted for how much he claimed their NOI was insufficient.  The minority owners quickly filed with the courts and the courts sided with them obviously.  This then left Snyder with two possibilities: let them sell on the open market and have his accounts audited, or buy on their terms.  So he convinced the NFL to lend him the money, and he bought them out.

Th...th..th..this..gi...gi...gi...gives..m..m..m...me..ho...ho...ho...hope. <trembling, fingers crossed, bladder in check>>

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Based on the theory put forward by Stephanie Weissenburger (which is very plausible by the way), it's funny Dan and his lawyers are the ones who made the screenshot of Moag's text message public. Although, if Stephanie's theory is correct, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. The truth was going to come out at some point. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Listened to her interview.  Decent stuff.  Lotta legal mumbo jumbo, probably someone like @PleaseBlitzwould have had a stiffy for. 

Anyway, this is it for Dan.  Has to be.  I'm getting my hopes up and I probably shouldn't but over the last 20+ years this is the best shot of getting him removed.  

image.gif.334ed559c7777e4832dd6e1ec78b9463.gif

• Haha 13

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Listened to her interview.  Decent stuff.  Lotta legal mumbo jumbo, probably someone like @PleaseBlitzwould have had a stiffy for. 

Anyway, this is it for Dan.  Has to be.  I'm getting my hopes up and I probably shouldn't but over the last 20+ years this is the best shot of getting him removed.  

"...I'm getting my hopes up and I probably shouldn't but over the last 20+ years this is the best shot of getting him removed."

Damn you Spiff!! 

Just when I was getting used to being a cynical pessimist you went and said something so damn inspirational that you  got me thinking about believing again.

**** it!

Life favors the bold and the brave!

History has well earned disdain for cowards!

I'd rather risk enduring the pain I'll get from believing in a worthy cause and boldly daring to do great things in service of that cause only to fail in the end than just accept as inevitable an outcome that sickens me to the core.

It's certainly preferable to taking the safe, prudent, comfortable, and well worn road that's built by reasonable people out of their fear of pain and disappointment.

It's a safer road indeed, but one that all too often leads to a spiritual death far worse than failing, while engaged in a rightous fight, ever will.

Yeah, I'm pushing my chips all in (even if all I'm holding is deuce seven.)

Let's roll!

---

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand." CHL 1967

EDIT

Oh and **** you Snyder for messing up my beloved team! Don't forget to kiss my old crusty black ass on the way out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"...I'm getting my hopes up and I probably shouldn't but over the last 20+ years this is the best shot of getting him removed."

Damn you Spiff!! 

Just when I was getting used to being a cynical pessimist you went and said something so damn inspirational that you  got me thinking about believing again.

**** it!

Life is for the bold and the brave!

History has well earned disdain for cowards!

I'll take the pain you get believing and boldly daring great things against even greater odds even if I ultimately end up failing spectacularly and hurting oh so damned deeply---

At least it's better than the safe prudent comfortable road that's built by reasonable people out of the fear of pain and disappointment, but often leads to a spiritual death far worse than failure in action ever will.

Yeah, I'm pushing my chips all in (even if all I'm holding is deuce seven.)

Let's roll!

"Some times nothin' can be a real cool hand."

There are only two outcomes here:

1.  This really is it and Snyder is gone. To how it happens is up for debate...I'd prefer it to be done as messy and sloppily as possible, meaning that there's just drama EVERYWHERE, including Tanya drunk driving down M street with a man clinging to the hood of her Jaguar and Dan going scorched earth on the league, airing out dirty laundry on everyone from Jerry Jones to the innocuous Shahid Khan.  Take the messiest episode of the worst soap opera of all time, multiply it by a thousand and that's what I want to see.  

Even if we get the opposite and it's a nice clean break, Snyder is gone and that's what matters most.

2.  Snyder somehow survives and I continue to rage hate against this team, while somehow rooting for it on each Sunday in the fall.  I'm not sure how this works when I phrase it that way, but it makes sense in my head.

Option 1 is preferred, especially with the version that includes all the drama.  Option 2 is just more of the same.  Either way, I'm not really losing anything here, there's only something to gain.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

I wonder if this is the reason why it been reported that he is actively engaged in team activities. He has to be to cover up his tracks.

You may be onto something.

Think about it, all the guys Dan trusts are loooong gone. They've either been fired in purges or quit of their own volition.

The only people left in the building with any authority were either hired by Ron, or came after all the super sleazy business went down.

There's nobody left but Dan that knows all of the foul deeds he committed. He can't order anybody to clean things up. He has to do it himself.

Dan's literally (actually figuratively but literally sounds better) the last rat on a quickly sinking ship.

Right now he's probably working overtime as a one man shredding machine, desperately trying to get rid of evidence before the feds start busting through the doors...

image.png.d740be8550a5efbc008b7cdcf5bc6064.png

• Like 1

Finlay mentioned the other day that 8 VP level execs have resigned so far this year already.  Seems like the rats are scurrying.

I can only care about this team if he’s gone so, the stakes are as high as they get for me.  Either he goes or my 40 years of fandom does.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

I don’t know if I’ve ever wanted anyone to suffer misfortune as badly as I want Dan to.

Eh, I dunno if I'd want to go that far as far as physical misfortune.  That's a little ****ed up, IMO...though I don't think any of us would wish that.  

As far as financial and personal ruin?  I'm not so sure how I'd feel about that.  Wouldn't mind finding out though.