Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I honestly feel bad for all of you on this thread. It reminds me of a person who buys powerball lottery tickets a few times a week, has their hopes up for a few days until the drawing and then are absolutely crushed when they once again don’t win… 

it’s like a horrible cycle of optimism followed with depression. I don’t think it’s healthy to even be in this thread for anyone. Someday DAn won’t own the team for whatever reason, in our lifetime or not but who knows. Let’s just focus on the upcoming season and hopefully the paloffs 🍻🍻

1 minute ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

If there's no evidence because it didn't actually happen, which seems increasingly likely, then the "heroic whistleblower" is neither heroic nor a whistleblower and deserves whatever unpleasant attention Snyder's attorneys may visit upon him.

I fully support an lie that gets him removed. Don't care about truth, justice, or the American way. i care about getting this warthog faced buffoon out the door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

So in his secret testimony, Friedman supplied no evidence to back up his claims?  Wonderful.  This is yet another giant nothing burger.

Dan is going nowhere.   

I'm a doubting Thomas about this article, and I'm also wondering why Friedman testified if he can't back-up his claims ?

Edited by FrFan

8. The bad news keeps coming out of Washington

If there’s meat on the bone to the latest charge against Washington owner Daniel Snyder, the NFL might finally have the sort of poison pill that would force Snyder to sell the team. On Saturday night, A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports reported that the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, which is investigating allegations of sexual and financial misdeeds in the Washington front office, has been informed by one source that the team did not give the full share of ticket revenue to visiting teams, as required by NFL bylaws. In the NFL, 40 percent of all ticket revenue is kicked into a league pool of revenue, and every team gets one-32nd of the pie each year. If the Washington franchise didn’t give the full 40 percent, that would be the kind of offense that, per Pro Football Talk, could be a “death knell” for Snyder’s ownership.

It’s curious that a) the NFL has continued to defend Snyder and allowed him to hold onto his franchise, which is the biggest sinking ship in the NFL by far, and b) Snyder would want to continue to be the most hated man inside or outside the Beltway, taking gut punch after gut punch as his once-proud franchise bleeds so much money and fandom. But if the Perez story is true, it would be a way out for the NFL, and allow the league to get an owner into Washington who would restore its legitimacy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/04/nfl-draft-top-10-trade-fmia-peter-king/

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

I'm a doubting Thomas on this matter, and I'm also wondering why Friedman testified if he can't back-up his claims ?

Because he is represented by the same lawyer as most of the sexual harassment victims. Ultimately that lawyer wants her clients to get paid. The more bombshells that get dropped the more likely it is that will eventually happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

8. The bad news keeps coming out of Washington

If there’s meat on the bone to the latest charge against Washington owner Daniel Snyder, the NFL might finally have the sort of poison pill that would force Snyder to sell the team. On Saturday night, A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports reported that the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, which is investigating allegations of sexual and financial misdeeds in the Washington front office, has been informed by one source that the team did not give the full share of ticket revenue to visiting teams, as required by NFL bylaws. In the NFL, 40 percent of all ticket revenue is kicked into a league pool of revenue, and every team gets one-32nd of the pie each year. If the Washington franchise didn’t give the full 40 percent, that would be the kind of offense that, per Pro Football Talk, could be a “death knell” for Snyder’s ownership.

It’s curious that a) the NFL has continued to defend Snyder and allowed him to hold onto his franchise, which is the biggest sinking ship in the NFL by far, and b) Snyder would want to continue to be the most hated man inside or outside the Beltway, taking gut punch after gut punch as his once-proud franchise bleeds so much money and fandom. But if the Perez story is true, it would be a way out for the NFL, and allow the league to get an owner into Washington who would restore its legitimacy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/04/nfl-draft-top-10-trade-fmia-peter-king/

Change the second word from "bad" to "fake"

• Thanks 2

I've gotten pretty pessimistic about the whole thing. Doesn't seem to be materializing and the death knell for me is the reporter soaking up his 15 minutes of fame on Twitter. Comes off as unprofessional and makes me really skeptical about whether he actually has a scoop.

Imagine Woodward and Bernstein posting on Twitter while they were going through the Watergate records. I feel like if you actually have a huge story, you'd be paranoid and super careful. Not shouting from the rooftops watching your follower count go up.

28 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:
13 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Change the second word from "bad" to "fake"

The bad news is that this one seems fake and has since it came up.  If it had legs, reputable reporters would have been all over it.

But please keep pretending that all bad news about this clown is fake news.  At least until you get banned for a third time for sneaking in through the backdoor.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Perez just on 106.7.  His take definitely runs counter to Caplan's take from the Athletic.  Although I'll give Caplan on 980, he didn't come off that he felt like he had a definitive feel for this.   Caplan was somewhat pessmistic (from a Dan will be removed standpoint) about where it was headed because his thought is even if the team is tied to this in the end -- Dan can say it happened without his knowledge. 

Perez while wasn't optimistic either that this does Dan in -- basically said there is a another layer to the ticket story coming.  And where he runs counter to Caplan's source who said as an NFL executive he knows its not easy to fudge the books so he doubts the authenticity of the source on that front -- Perez counters that and said there is a way to do it -- implying a way that auditors might not catch and that's forthcoming. 

Then he via a Finlay question speculated that Dan wanting to fudge the attendance numbers for years where the announced attendance and actual attendance where two different things might be mixed in the soup if the numbers are proven to be screwy.  I was only half listening to this part so I couldn't quite follow the logic. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We've heard Jason Friedman before...

Screenshot_20220404-120547_Chrome.jpg

He definitely seems like he has an axe to grind but he was there 24 years. The amount of stuff he has seen during that period must be mind blowing. I wouldn’t completely discredit the guy. 

I have no idea what this dudes motivation is, but having been there 24 years - I’m going to assume he’s well aware of how litigious Snyder is and knows full well what he’s up against.  I’ve got to imagine there is more to this story, it’s whether or not it can be proven or anything will be done about it that’s in question.

53 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The bad news is that this one seems fake and has since it came up.  If it had legs, reputable reporters would have been all over it.

But please keep pretending that all bad news about this clown is fake news.  At least until you get banned for a third time for sneaking in through the backdoor.

You really need to get over this.   I'm completely fine with Snyder getting the boot.   I don't care who owns the team.  I only care about winning.

The problem is many would rather lose with a new owner than win with Snyder.   Not me.

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You really need to get over this.   I'm completely fine with Snyder getting the boot.   I don't care who owns the team.  I only care about winning.

The problem is many would rather lose with a new owner than win with Snyder.   Not me.

This isn't about me getting over anything - this is now your 3rd or 4th alias.  For whatever reasons, you feel it necessary to post here - vs. all the other places online where you can talk about the team.

I can't help but laugh at the notion of 'winning with Snyder'.  Ummm, on what planet have we ever won with Snyder?  And why would we have a worse chance at winning with a new owner?  Please, humor me.

The argument that a new owner could potentially be worse than Snyder is perhaps the most flimsy of all Snyder apologist type takes.  We lose with Snyder regularly and are embarrassing as an organization to boot.  Not loveable losers, but scumbags that lose a lot.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This isn't about me getting over anything - this is now your 3rd or 4th alias.  For whatever reasons, you feel it necessary to post here - vs. all the other places online where you can talk about the team.

I can't help but laugh at the notion of 'winning with Snyder'.  Ummm, on what planet have we ever won with Snyder?  And why would we have a worse chance at winning with a new owner?  Please, humor me.

The argument that a new owner could potentially be worse than Snyder is perhaps the most flimsy of all Snyder apologist type takes.  We lose with Snyder regularly and are embarrassing as an organization to boot.  Not loveable losers, but scumbags that lose a lot.

Is that what happens with people diagnosed with battered fan syndrome?   good lord.

I never said we've won with Snyder.  I never said we'd have a worse chance at winning with another owner.   I never said anything specific about another owner.

There are many examples of owners who have lost for longer periods than Snyder that end up winning once they hire the right coach and have a QB.

16 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

What is this win with Snyder which you speak of?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Is that what happens with people diagnosed with battered fan syndrome?   good lord.

I never said we've won with Snyder.  I never said we'd have a worse chance at winning with another owner.   I never said anything specific about another owner.

There are many examples of owners who have lost for longer periods than Snyder that end up winning once they hire the right coach and have a QB.

Longer periods? Who? This team is in its third decade of winning nothing with Snyder.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's the sad part.  This isn't like the Cubs fans suffering from all those years.  We got both the sleaziest organization and one of the most losing organizations in the league and the incompetence encompasses just about everything.

I think Dan would run even a small street hot dog stand out of business -- he's that stupid and incompetent.  He got lucky by being in the right business at the right time in the early 90s but for the most part ever since, he has run everything else in the ground. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4