Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Ohhhhhh my ****ing God.  Please be true.  Please be true.  Please be true.  Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruuuuuuuueeeeeeee

I can believe this, I can also NOT believe this.  I can easily believe the ego that Snyder has and that he could be so full of himself to do this.  But also unbelievable that an NFL owner would feel the need to cook his books because...you're an NFL owner.  Dude, you should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Two sets of books omg!!!

GIVE HIM WESLEY SNIPES' OLD CELL.

I'm picturing Snyder hiding under a poster Shawshank style, slowly scraping away on his exit tunnel. Except it's not Rita Hayworth...it's a poster of Bruce Allen.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Nearly 25 years hasn't been enough time to turn this baby around, huh?

Stadium has always been in a less than optimal location, but Snyder and his hires have contributed to the crap game day experience as well.

I'm not telling you Snyder is great or good.  

14 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The fact you're defending Mike Brown shows how biased you are.     Kahn is on my list, but Haslam, Bidwell, Johnson and Ford come before him.   I'd throw Jerry Jones in there.

I never said he was "merely" unlucky.   That's been a big part in terms of wins and losses....Sean Taylor, RG3 injury, Alex Smith Injury just to name three.

You also seem to forget that he inherited a terrible team; with an a bad stadium.    

Again, if he sells Tomorrow, I don't care.   What bothers me is the over the top stuff that has no facts to it.  Just a bunch of rumors, inuendo's, "sources say".    

These perceptions hurt the franchise more than they need to and I don't like it.

Hurting the franchise is hurting Snyder.  I love it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ohhhhhh my ****ing God.  Please be true.  Please be true.  Please be true.  Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruuuuuuuueeeeeeee

I can believe this, I can also NOT believe this.  I can easily believe the ego that Snyder has and that he could be so full of himself to do this.  But also unbelievable that an NFL owner would feel the need to cook his books because...you're an NFL owner.  Dude, you should be fine.

Idk man I’ve posted on this thread before about the insane drop in revenue this team has had over last few years and it makes you wonder. team is still technically growing from year to year in value but not the way it should. 2011 team was supposedly 4th most valuable franchise in entire world according to Forbes. 2020 it was down to 14th by this year it was down to 19th. Now I get the deterioration of the fan base and stuff but with the growing popularity of the nfl every year that seems almost impossible. And while it’s not like we’ve been very good in that time span we do have 3 nfc East titles in those 10-11 years so who knows 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Sheehan mentioned this the other day, but would you rather have Snyder own the team and stay in DC or move the team elsewhere and get an expansion team?

The history would leave with Dan, by the way.  

My memories are still the same. Give me the expansion team. Anything is better than this circus.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Sheehan mentioned this the other day, but would you rather have Snyder own the team and stay in DC or move the team elsewhere and get an expansion team?

The history would leave with Dan, by the way.  

I'd gladly take the expansion team with new ownership. The history of the team is literally just history, anyway, with the name change. The Commodes have no championships. It's not like the Titans have the Oilers' history or the Ratbirds have the Browns' history. Anything is better than this clown staying in the DMV. Take the team to London.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I'd gladly take the expansion team with new ownership. The history of the team is literally just history, anyway, with the name change. The Commodes have no championships. It's not like the Titans have the Oilers' history or the Ratbirds have the Browns' history. Anything is better than this clown staying in the DMV. Take the team to London.

Those teams don't have Oilers and Browns history because they moved.   If the Ravens were the Cleveland Ravens; they would have had the Browns history

We'll see, financial book-cooking is not only wrong but also illegal.

Would be a shame if cooking books ousts Dan rather than sexual harassment.

Still wont get too excited. I thought for sure he was done after that congressional hearing. And every bad thing that has come out about him since 2018.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

Another random thought.

Snyder recently had to get the NFLs permission to secure a 400+ million dollar loan to buy out all minority shareholders.

Two questions:

1. Which set of books did he present to the NFLs finance dept for them to do due dilligence on that loan?

2. Which set of books did he give to the bank that gave him the loan?

That's potentially two more major easy to prove FEDERAL charges right there.

In addition there's also the possibility the $400+ million dollar loan gets called in immediately for fraud!

Also every business that Snyder has a relationship with that requested financials before agreeing to a partnership may have legal recourse to abrogate their agreements with him and/or sue him.

This is not even the tip of the iceberg in terms of potential peril.

This is the moment when the lookout helplessly screams, "Iceberg ahead!" knowing full well it's too late to turn or do anything about it.

All that's left is to await the inevitable crash.

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling..."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Still wont get too excited. I thought for sure he was done after that congressional hearing. And every bad thing that has come out about him since 2018.

The number 1 rule of being an NFL owner is never expose the books being opened up to jeopardize the rest of your partners, the 31 other NFL owners. This can rapidly spiral. Playing footsie with an employee on the team jet isn’t going to get you booted by the other owners. This absolutely can.

15 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Those teams don't have Oilers and Browns history because they moved.   If the Ravens were the Cleveland Ravens; they would have had the Browns history

The Ravens were the Cleveland Browns. This team is already a different team by virtue of the name change. It's history is dead and gone. Let them pack up and move.

• Like 1

its time for Julie Donaldson to jump ship.  Julie you can go to Team 980 radio.  On Monday there will be an opening with Travis going to Boston tv market.

Team 980 discussing right now the latest story about the second book or slush fund allegations.  Could it be Allen who leaked this information or a former partner

of The Danny?  Only a select few of people would have knowledge of this situation.

7 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Another random thought.

Snyder recently had to get the NFLs permission to secure a 400+ million dollar loan to buy out all minority shareholders.

Two questions:

1. Which set of books did he present to the NFLs finance dept for them to do due dilligence on that loan?

2. Which set of books did he give to the bank that gave him the loan?

That's potentially two more major easy to prove FEDERAL charges right there.

In addition there's also the possibility the $400+ million dollar loan gets called in immediately for fraud!

Also every business that Snyder has a relationship with that requested financials before agreeing to a partnership may have legal recourse to abrogate their agreements with him and/or sue him.

This is not even the tip of the iceberg in terms of potential peril.

This is the moment when the lookout helplessly screams, "Iceberg ahead!" knowing full well it's too late to turn or do anything about it.

All that's left is to await the inevitable crash.

"Oh Danny boy, the pipes the pipes are calling..."

This is all filed under "I'll believe it when I see it"

I have no faith we will ever be relieved of this cancerous ass wart.

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

The Ravens were the Cleveland Browns. This team is already a different team by virtue of the name change. It's history is dead and gone. Let them pack up and move.

Yea, but they weren't the "Ravens" in Cleveland.   The better comparison is the Browns getting an expansion team.  I'd be all for Snyder leaving if the expansion team we get are the Redskins.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

This is all filed under "I'll believe it when I see it"

I have no faith we will ever be relieved of this cancerous ass wart.

Riggo I feel your pain brother.

It's been a long ungodly cold spell for both of us and no one can blame you for giving up.

I'm gonna ask you for one final thing.

Then you can walk back into the corn field (mixed metaphor) justified with the rest of the legends.

Stay with me for one last fourth down carry Riggo.

I believe you got it in you.

We're right there, we just need to believe like we did in the old days...

It's 4th down in the biggest game you'll ever play in.

I'm calling, "70 chip" and giving you the ball.

The rest is up to you...

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don't care what outs Snyder, just as long as it happens.  I agree the sexual harassment stuff should have been enough but it's the NFL and we all know how they treat women so...

12 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

its time for Julie Donaldson to jump ship.  Julie you can go to Team 980 radio.  On Monday there will be an opening with Travis going to Boston tv market.

Team 980 discussing right now the latest story about the second book or slush fund allegations.  Could it be Allen who leaked this information or a former partner

of The Danny?  Only a select few of people would have knowledge of this situation.

We're over here practically popping bottles at this news and you're worried about Julie Donaldson?  

• Haha 4

I'm no expert, but I believe there are perfectly legal reasons to have 2 books.  One for the IRS and one for potential investors or something?  The second would show how the business is doing, minus the big salaries for owners and other expenses for example.  

Could be way off base, I dunno, I just find it hard to believe that even dumbass Snyder -a billionaire- would risk literal jail time with shady book cooking.  Businesses do this kind of thing to stay afloat, and I'm pretty sure money/income is the bottom of Snyders worries.