Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:54 PM, profusion said:

Does anyone involved with the NFL actually just keep focused and do their job? :D

Their job is to make sure the NFL is making money. They are all great at their jobs. That’s the reality. Rumor is Amazon or Apple are going to pay 5x what Directv did for Sunday Ticket. The cash cow just keeps growing. As long as the money is coming in no one cares about anything else. They might pretend they do but they don’t. 

• Like 1

I was a season ticket holder until 2017. I vowed to never step foot in that **** box known as FedEx ever again as I tossed my hand warmers in the air after Cousins interception to end the game and the season that night week 17 against the Giants. I've kept my word at this point and don't see anything changing as long as Snyder is the owner. Now if I am still alive when the new stadium opens and Snyder is still owning the team I might make one trip to check it out but that is about it.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redskin21502 said:

I was a season ticket holder until 2017. I vowed to never step foot in that **** box known as FedEx ever again as I tossed my hand warmers in the air after Cousins interception to end the game and the season that night week 17 against the Giants. I've kept my word at this point and don't see anything changing as long as Snyder is the owner. Now if I am still alive when the new stadium opens and Snyder is still owning the team I might make one trip to check it out but that is about it.

I am out till Snyder is gone.  Last game was the 2012 PO against Seattle.  Have not been back since.  Will go back once he is gone.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

So when is the prediction Ron is out?

My guess is that if he craps the bed this offseason in trying to acquire a big time QB (not off to a great start so far on that front), then he needs to hit a home run in the draft in getting a franchise level QB.  IF he drafts a QB, I think he’ll probably see all 5 years, and get an extension (provided our newly drafted franchise QB improves and shows signs of becoming legitimate by end of this year/early next year.

If Ron punts again on drafting a QB, fails to acquire a big time QB, and settles for signing a terrible, mediocre QB like Trubisky or Mariotta to compete with Heinecke, then he will probably get fired next offseason.  The clock starts now on how the rest of Ron’s tenure will play out.  Today doesn’t help him or the FO at all.

Edited by samy316
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

If he goes thru the majority season with a veteran QB and has a losing season: 8-9 or worse; Dan moves on after the season.

If he starts a rookie QB the majority of the season; he will be back in 23.

My guess, his career ends after 2023 season.  

My gut tells me that Ron will leave before he is fired.  I won't hazard a guess as to when that will be.  I can see Snyder extending him like he did with Gruden in order to give this (Snyder's) last, best chance at anything resembling on-the-field resussitation enough time.   

Sadly, there's no part of me that feels that we're going to solve this QB problem under Ron.  (If ever.)  We're going to try and we're going to keep swinging, as you're supposed to, but The Answer isn't coming.  Sure, I'm aware part of that feeling could be influenced by the fact that we're historically snakebitten at that position for myriad reasons, regime after regime.  But I just don't believe we're going to get out of this.  (I'm fully aware that Bengals fans felt that way, too until they got Burrow, we never get the #1 pick in the draft, and even if we did, it'd be in a draft that there are no QBs worth that pick OR we'd screw it up and choose the wrong QB.  I'm convinced of that.)

I hate thinking this, but taking an objective look at this franchise, this ownership and all the damage done...I believe we're now the Washington Wizards of the NFL.  It's just a borderline futile effort.  We're in the absolute basement of the NFL and we're not getting back into the living room under this owner.  As long as Snyder owns the team, I believe we're done.  We may continue to have a blip of a pulse every 5 years or so, but that's it.  There's no championship coming.  That certainly doesn't mean you give up and stop trying like mad to improve, but despite our most ardent efforts, I don't think Mount Snyder is an obstacle anyone can overcome.

I wish I had a more optimistic view, I truly do, but I don't.  All I can do as a fan is pray that I'm proven horribly wrong, because I don't believe Snyder is going anywhere. 😟

• Like 2

Very little RR could've done in a situation where neither the player nor the team would seal a deal sending Wilson to Ashburn. Our offer was better, would've even brought him closer to home. It just wasn't going to happen.

Life could be worse: Wright could be GM.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:38 PM, Zim489 said:

I can’t see Dan firing him in the next 2 seasons. Irrespective of results, I’m not sure he could entice anyone in at this stage who would represent an upgrade. 

I think after this season - if we are in the playoffs or fairly competitive, Rivera gets a 2 year bolt on to his contract - if we suck Rivera considers bailing out but works through the final year of his deal with a discussion mid 2023 season over an extension.

Ron's big mistake was surrounding himself with General Manager buddies who have no ability to scout talented players.  He should have gone with a younger

GM who worked for a winning organization like Patriots or Steelers and mentored the guy to become the next Bobby Beathard.  Hiring your friends never works

out.  Snyder's patience after this season will be gone and Ron will be heading back to his home in sunny California to watch NFL games on television.  He should

have kept the young guy who he let go and who then was hired quickly by the Atlanta Falcons.  Odds makers in Vegas lowered our chances of winning the Super

Bowl AFTER signing Carson Wentz.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Ron's big mistake was surrounding himself with General Manager buddies who have no ability to scout talented players.  He should have gone with a younger

GM who worked for a winning organization like Patriots or Steelers and mentored the guy to become (1) the next Bobby Beathard(2) Hiring your friends never works

out.  Snyder's patience after this season will be gone and Ron will be heading back to his home in sunny California to watch NFL games on television.  He should

have (3) kept the young guy who he let go and who then was hired quickly by the Atlanta Falcons(4) Odds makers in Vegas lowered our chances of winning the Super

(1) Bobby Beathard traded up for Ryan Leaf.

(2) Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay have filled their staffs with their "friends" and people they're familiar with. Happens all over the league.

(3) Don't even know his name...

(4) The Bengals had incredibly low odds to win their division, let alone the AFC. Half the teams in top-10 odds missed the playoffs in 2020.

I dislike this deal, but these narratives prove nothing and a demonstrably irrelevant.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

(1) Bobby Beathard traded up for Ryan Leaf.

(2) Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay have filled their staffs with their "friends" and people they're familiar with. Happens all over the league.

(3) Don't even know his name...

(4) The Bengals had incredibly low odds to win their division, let alone the AFC. Half the teams in top-10 odds missed the playoffs in 2020.

I dislike this deal, but these narratives prove nothing and a demonstrably irrelevant.

For clarification:

Regarding 2: That's how it happens in every company. Not only the NFL. That's just how human works.

Regarding 3: I believe he's talking about Kyle Smith who was the defacto GM when Bruce left and left after a year with Ron Rivera as HC/GM/President/Cheerleader/Rebrand Master/Waterboy...

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

For clarification:

Regarding 2: That's how it happens in every company. Not only the NFL. That's just how human works.

Regarding 3: I believe he's talking about Kyle Smith who was the defacto GM when Bruce left and left after a year with Ron Rivera as HC/GM/President/Cheerleader/Rebrand Master/Waterboy...

Yes, I know who Kyle Smith is. Point is, it's the typical Anti-Ashburn Syndrome (where we let someone go, so they MUST be great!), where people complain "shoulda kept that guy," but don't even know his name.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I find it funny that people are so quick to get rid of Rivera just two years in. Do they expect another coach to take Taylor Heinicke, our 5th string Center, 6th and 7th string DEs, UDFA LBs off the street to the playoffs?

Has that ever stopped The Danny in the past? This isn't about Ron (not that I have a huge ton of faith in him, given that he really hasn't surrounded himself with successful staff) and more about Snyder.

Edited by ntotoro

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

Has that ever stopped The Danny in the past? This isn't about Ron (not that I have a huge ton of faith in him, given that he really hasn't surrounded himself with successful staff) and more about Snyder.

As idiotic as Snyder is--I don't see him cutting bait with Rivera anytime soon. He can't. He knows this...or at least I hope he knows this...

It would take something catastrophic, like a 3-4 win season.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yes, I know who Kyle Smith is. Point is, it's the typical Anti-Ashburn Syndrome (where we let someone go, so they MUST be great!), where people complain "shoulda kept that guy," but don't even know his name.

My point was to go for someone from a winning organization which I mentioned two other NFL teams who draft better than we do and then as a third option keep Kyle Smith.  So far the current brain trust in Ashburn is not doing so great by any measure you could select.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

My point was to go for someone from a winning organization which I mentioned two other NFL teams who draft better than we do and then as a third option keep Kyle Smith.  So far the current brain trust in Ashburn is not doing so great by any measure you could select.

The Marties have had one draft. Saying they haven't had any success is a massive over-reaction. The Bears went with Ryan Pace, who came over from a winning organization, the Saints. Didn't work out. The John Lynch hiring was deemed a fiasco when he was hired. Maybe let them get a bit more data out there before making such definitive conclusions?

I wasn’t thrilled about the Ron hire, however, he’s a good dude and brings us stability. The players seem to appreciate that he is straight forward with them. 

if we are to attract players and winning players for that matter, Ron needs to stay at least 3 more years. Outside of things that are not in Ron’s control, we are viewed as a tough team. If it wasn’t for the massive Covid problem and injuries, I think we would have a made the playoffs. We controlled our destiny until Covid hit. 

I am firmly in Riveras corner and think he will make us very competitive this upcoming year. He goes nowhere. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

GM who worked for a winning organization like Patriots or Steelers and mentored the guy to become the next Bobby Beathard.  Hiring your friends never works

have kept the young guy who he let go and who then was hired quickly by the Atlanta Falcons.  Odds makers in Vegas lowered our chances of winning the Super

Jesus, man, are you this way in real life (get off my lawn and take those damn skateboards with you)? I'm a Redskins veteran and will always will be. But this kind of post is indicative of finding something to **** about for the sake of ****ing.

Sometimes, you get lucky. Most of the time, not so much. Ron is making the most of a bad situation.  Would you do better stepping into this **** show? I'm betting not.

You're hedging your bets on what Vegas says? Good luck with that. I'll give Ron a little more slack considering the odds he has stacked against him( see what I did there?).

HTTR!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I wasn’t thrilled about the Ron hire, however, he’s a good dude and brings us stability. The players seem to appreciate that he is straight forward with them. 

if we are to attract players and winning players for that matter, Ron needs to stay at least 3 more years. Outside of things that are not in Ron’s control, we are viewed as a tough team. If it wasn’t for the massive Covid problem and injuries, I think we would have a made the playoffs. We controlled our destiny until Covid hit. 

I am firmly in Riveras corner and think he will make us very competitive this upcoming year. He goes nowhere. 

I agree he's a good dude and is miles away from Gruden in terms of character, personality, toughness, and leadership. 

All that said, 3 winning seasons out of 11. That's not good, and that's a large body of work for a head coach. There is no reason to believe he's doing anything transformative here. He'll keep us from being a laughing stock (on the field), but that's about the best anyone can hope for. 

• Like 1