Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I actually think there will be a rush to buy gear. Somehow, someway there are still a loud and passionate group of fans out there. It's not a large contingent, but it's there. That group of Hogfarm people who dress up and create pep rallies and stuff will all get their new gear and tow the company line. That will make Jason Wright and Dan Snyder think all is well. Then, come September, they'll be legitimately shocked when no one is at the stadium on opening day. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I actually think there will be a rush to buy gear. Somehow, someway there are still a loud and passionate group of fans out there. It's not a large contingent, but it's there. That group of Hogfarm people who dress up and create pep rallies and stuff will all get their new gear and tow the company line. That will make Jason Wright and Dan Snyder think all is well. Then, come September, they'll be legitimately shocked when no one is at the stadium on opening day. 

There will always be a subset of fans who are the diehards. The ones who think in one year time frames. "If we just do X we can be SB contenders" They dont watch the league. They attend Harvest fest and the draft day parties. Sheehan has touched on this with the conversations he's had with people in Ashburn. They see these "big" crowds for the away game parties the night before of the few hundred people and feel thats how the entire fan base feels. But really those are the fans who will never see the franchise in a bad light. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

There will always be a subset of fans who are the diehards. The ones who think in one year time frames. "If we just do X we can be SB contenders" They dont watch the league. They attend Harvest fest and the draft day parties. Sheehan has touched on this with the conversations he's had with people in Ashburn. They see these "big" crowds for the away game parties the night before of the few hundred people and feel thats how the entire fan base feels. But really those are the fans who will never see the franchise in a bad light. 

Yep, I heard Sheehan talk about that faction of the fan base and how he thinks it skews the organization's view of the pulse of the area. 

Whoever approved the sale of this franchise to this fool really ****ed us over. 

A bad guy who is successful you can live with.

A lovable guy who just can’t figure out how to win, you will support.

A bad guy, who is a loser and tone deaf/dense is a never ending nightmare.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 3

I am trying to remain somewhat optimistic.  I don't necessarily HATE the Commanders name, I just think it's like Ruby Tuesdays food next to a hotel somewhere in middle America.  You're on a roadtrip and you pull into your Hampton Inn, too tired to explore whatever town you're in but there's a Ruby Tuesdays nextdoor so you shuffle over there and have a mediocre meal and by the next morning you forget what you had the night before.  That's the Commanders name to me.  It's not totally terrible, it's not great.  It's just Ruby Tuesdays.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am trying to remain somewhat optimistic.  I don't necessarily HATE the Commanders name, I just think it's like Ruby Tuesdays food next to a hotel somewhere in middle America.  You're on a roadtrip and you pull into your Hampton Inn, too tired to explore whatever town you're in but there's a Ruby Tuesdays nextdoor so you shuffle over there and have a mediocre meal and by the next morning you forget what you had the night before.  That's the Commanders name to me.  It's not totally terrible, it's not great.  It's just Ruby Tuesdays.

Its what white castles does to your stomach bad, but sometimes I eat those when I'm hammered 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hate the Commanders' name more with each passing day. It smacks of generic, soulless corporate greed and focus grouping, says nothing about the area, the fanbase or our team history and puts a sport into military terms, which I don't care for. At least it doesn't fetishize cops? 

Oh well. The duality of man.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This just isn’t true. You will remember what you had because you’ve been on the toilet all night sweating for a release. But the waves keep coming, you’ll never forget.

I like Commanders, but I still don’t think that will be the name. I’m still thinking it’s going to be Redtails. But, if it is Commanders and they play well enough to get to the playoffs this year and play tough beyond, people will be there and the name will grow.

People are saying they’ll leave over the name, it’s weird that they view a bad name as more damaging than our cheerleaders being abused. Priorities I guess

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I hate the Commanders' name more with each passing day. It smacks of generic, soulless corporate greed and focus grouping, says nothing about the area, the fanbase or our team history and puts a sport into military terms, which I don't care for. At least it doesn't fetishize cops? 

Oh well. The duality of man.

Exactly, it's Ruby Tuesday.  It's generic and soulless.  I don't hate it, it just is what it is.  It's just there.

• Like 2

Forgotten casualty if it is Commanders:  Anyone named Amanda.  Like anyone, anywhere, ever.  They'll "hear" their name when it's not being said, and it will ALWAYS be followed by something like "sucks!"

Amandas have a literal Triple-A name, and if it's Commanders, the amount of referrals I will get from Amandas will be a torrent.  And then there's people who named their kids Amanda.  This is a catastrophe in the making.

• Confused 1