Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

23 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

However, having said ALL that, a 1000 mile journey starts with a single step.  And since hiring Ron, most of the steps have been correct. 

The only step he's really had on his own since hiring Ron is his reaction to these allegations...and he went rogue with his own statement. He blamed the victims, blamed the Post, and essentially contradicted himself while minimizing the allegations because they are "a decade old" as if that's relevant. 

Everything else he's done (firing Larry, hiring Julie, hiring Jason, etc.) can easily be seen as a reaction to the pending storm...

31 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Everything else he's done (firing Larry, hiring Julie, hiring Jason, etc.) can easily be seen as a reaction to the pending storm...

Reactive rather than proactive. He's covering his ass rather than doing what's right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Reactive rather than proactive. He's covering his ass rather than doing what's right.

Bingo...when left to his own devices, we saw the true Danny again. He lashed out and embarrassed himself in that statement a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed...unfortunately for someone like Wright, he's the right person here but he's here for all the wrong reasons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Bingo...when left to his own devices, we saw the true Danny again. He lashed out and embarrassed himself in that statement a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed...unfortunately for someone like Wright, he's the right person here but he's here for all the wrong reasons. 

The big red flag was the two statements--one from Snyder, one from the team. That doesn't tell me he's changed at all--he's trying to get out of hot water, not make any kind of amends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's standard operating procedure for Dan.

Hiring Julie and Jason was pure reaction to what has happened this offseason.  Changing the name, only because he was losing sponsors.  

Dan is never proactive.

I keep saying this but those hoping for Dan to be gone, are going to be in for a long wait.

Right now, what we know; it isn't enough to force Dan to sell.  Maybe there will be something once the investigation is done that the other owners have no choice. I am not holding out hope for that.  You can bet Dan Snyder will not go away quietly, if we get to a point where the NFL tries to force him out.  We already see Dan trying to get ahead of the investigation with him having PIs looking into things.  Think the NFL told him to stop that.

Baring some new information; you are going to have to decide if you can still be a fan of a team owned by Dan Snyder.  With current info. best case, is a fine, draft picks and suspension.  Any success will be in spite of Snyder.

I don't know if Snyder realizes just how close he is to losing what remains of the fanbase permanently.  This is his last shot.   When the NFL is done with their investigation, he must accept their punishment and then make sure the changes to the team remain that way.   The NFL will be watching him.  

23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Right now, what we know; it isn't enough to force Dan to sell.  Maybe there will be something once the investigation is done that the other owners have no choice. I am not holding out hope for that.  You can bet Dan Snyder will not go away quietly, if we get to a point where the NFL tries to force him out.  We already see Dan trying to get ahead of the investigation with him having PIs looking into things.  Think the NFL told him to stop that.

They did. He tries any other foolishness, you can believe he'll get smacked again.

27 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Baring some new information; you are going to have to decide if you can still be a fan of a team owned by Dan Snyder.  With current info. best case, is a fine, draft picks and suspension.  Any success will be in spite of Snyder.

After often times mocking other fans who lost interest, I have to say that I'm incapable of supporting a Dan-owned team. I've loved this team for 35 years but enough is enough. This isn't a free-spending idiot or socially awkward bully. This is now a criminal who has taken advantage of his position to marginalize and emotionally abuse a whole bunch of people. 

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This still makes me think Dan's not in charge at the moment. The minority owners are and may have been for some time. That's my suspicion. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Oh, one more thing.   We need this to be resolved by the end of the year.  We can't have this hanging over our heads going into 2021.

Don't count on it. If Snyder really cared about doing the right thing (which he clearly doesn't), he would have worked to change the culture years ago. He would have stopped meddling in football decisions. He would have made the workplace less toxic. He would hire competent people and let them do their jobs. He would refrain from suing little old ladies who can no longer afford their season tickets. He would have started the name change process years ago so we wouldn't be rooting for a team with blank helmets this year.

But he didn't do any of those things because he doesn't care...until it's too late, and he tries to make himself look good with his recent hirings. He would do what's best for 'WFTE1932 football' and sell the team.

But he won't, they will have to drag him kicking and screaming, spilling his Crown Royal and dropping his $300 Cuban cigar while his fingernails leave claw marks on his baby chair as they drag him away.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

14 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

This still makes me think Dan's not in charge at the moment. The minority owners are and may have been for some time. That's my suspicion. 

lol. No. The minority owners have no real power and that’s why they’re doing everything they can behind the scenes to cause change. They want out so bad. Or at least Dan out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol. No. The minority owners have no real power and that’s why they’re doing everything they can behind the scenes to cause change. They want out so bad. Or at least Dan out.

The part that makes me think this is that there's too much goodwill being extended. 

Just now, Busch1724 said:

The part that makes me think this is that there's too much goodwill being extended. 

From who? Dan’s being rightly crushed from every angle and outlet despite his attempted distractions via new hires, statements, and pretending his wife is now some sort of interested and influential party. 

9 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

There really isn't. He had a racism and sexism situation on his hands, so he quickly hired a female VP and black president. My guess is that they are perfectly qualified for their jobs, but that they weren't hired for those reasons. He also only changed the name because sponsors were pulling out.

We have one data point of Dan doing something without ulterior motives and it's his ridiculously tone-deaf statement calling the article a "hit job", blaming the cheerleader whom he tried to pimp out, and pointing out that these allegations are a decade old.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Right now, what we know; it isn't enough to force Dan to sell.  Maybe there will be something once the investigation is done that the other owners have no choice. I am not holding out hope for that.  You can bet Dan Snyder will not go away quietly, if we get to a point where the NFL tries to force him out. 

The "what WE know" is the key phrase, because I guarantee you there's a lot being discussed right now that we DON'T know. We have no idea what's being said to the investigators. I'm sure there are probably a lot of people who'd feel more comfortable sharing with this investigation than with a public news outlet like the Post. It's impossible for us to judge this case from the outside right now. Can only hope that more people are coming forward and that these videos are ultimately put at Dan's tiny feet. If the latter can be managed, he is out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

The "what WE know" is the key phrase, because I guarantee you there's a lot being discussed right now that we DON'T know. We have no idea what's being said to the investigators. I'm sure there are probably a lot of people who'd feel more comfortable sharing with this investigation than with a public news outlet like the Post. It's impossible for us to judge this case from the outside right now. Can only hope that more people are coming forward and that these videos are ultimately put at Dan's tiny feet. If the latter can be managed, he is out. 

Yes, there's plenty more to come. The July article emboldened more people to come forward. Imagine now what on-going lawsuits, additional articles, daily scrutiny, ESPN hits, etc. are going to do. The trail has been blazed and it's now a matter of more people coming forward and adding context, validation, etc. 

One thing that I've been discussing with some people...they made a cheerleader video in 2008 and 2010. Are we really to assume that men in that position with that mentality did it a couple times and stopped? I would actually be surprised if we don't eventually find out that there's an annual "good bits" video that was an internal team project every year. If that's the case, you have several hundred women who can sue the team just on the video stuff alone. 

The SS Danny is sinking, it's just a matter of when. 

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

One thing that I've been discussing with some people...they made a cheerleader video in 2008 and 2010. Are we really to assume that men in that position with that mentality did it a couple times and stopped? I would actually be surprised if we don't eventually find out that there's an annual "good bits" video that was an internal team project every year.

That's what Megan said on Fox today, that she believes it was probably a yearly occurrence. Why wouldn't it be? 

I also think the idea that Larry asked for it and lied that it came from Dan to protect himself is idiotic. Why would he take a huge risk like that when he probably could've just gotten the clips on his own from those editors? Didn't he run the whole department? Why in the world would he ask for some produced piece with "classic rock" underneath it for his own jollies, then take that risk by telling people, "Uh, it came from Dan, he wants it" if that wasn't in fact true? 

Makes no sense at all. Only thing that makes sense is what Baker said in the article, that Dan asked for it, told Larry, and Larry asked the crew to put it together. And apparently did that more than once. 

Edited by Dissident2

I agree...it takes some leaps in logic for the most obvious answer not to be the actual answer. Then again, in fairness (in a sick way), these men could have paid any number of young women to do whatever they wanted, so piecing together video clips of nipple slips is pretty odd in and of itself. So logic probably isn't linear in any case. 

Edit: I want to clarify...I'm just saying if you're this disgusting anyway and going through the effort and risk to get all of these non-consensual images from your own employees, wouldn't it just be easier to pull a Kraft and hire someone to take care of you?

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

6 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The only step he's really had on his own since hiring Ron is his reaction to these allegations...and he went rogue with his own statement. He blamed the victims, blamed the Post, and essentially contradicted himself while minimizing the allegations because they are "a decade old" as if that's relevant. 

I wouldn't go giving Dan too much credit for such a great hire as Jason Wright. It's my understanding that the NFL gave his name to Dan with term "given" most likely meaning "strongly suggested", "strongly recommended", etc. The same goes for Beth Wilkinson, whose name was also apparently "given" to Snyder. I can't speak to Ron or Julie Donaldson however. Ron was chosen before any of this started so he was probably legitimately a Dan choice. I just don't know about whether Julie Donaldson was completely Dan's choice or not.

They pointed out in Sunday's show that all of this change was going to have to take place with the "owner on the sidelines". I took this to mean that Dan is now on a short leash by the NFL with the NFL saying to Dan essentially that "you can remain the owner for now while we get this all figured out but in the meantime, we are going to take more control of who goes in there to clean this place up". Even the name change was forced on him by outside forces so his actually decision making about key team matters seems to be diminishing, at least for now.

I don't know how much autonomy the NFL can actually remove from an owner while leaving him in place as essentially a figurehead for a while. It's not hard to imagine a situation where the operation of a particular franchise has gotten so egregiously bad and the owner has demonstrated so profoundly and over such a long period of time that he is incapable of making positive changes himself, the NFL decides that instead of forcing an owner to sell (at least for the time being), it has to step in and take a more active role in effecting changes itself.     

7 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I wouldn't go giving Dan too much credit for such a great hire as Jason Wright. It's my understanding that the NFL gave his name to Dan with term "given" most likely meaning "strongly suggested", "strongly recommended", etc. The same goes for Beth Wilkinson, whose name was also apparently "given" to Snyder. I can't speak to Ron or Julie Donaldson however. Ron was chosen before any of this started so he was probably legitimately a Dan choice. I just don't know about whether Julie Donaldson was completely Dan's choice or not.

They pointed out in Sunday's show that all of this change was going to have to take place with the "owner on the sidelines". I took this to mean that Dan is now on a short leash by the NFL with the NFL saying to Dan essentially that "you can remain the owner for now while we get this all figured out but in the meantime, we are going to take more control of who goes in there to clean this place up". Even the name change was forced on him by outside forces so his actually decision making about key team matters seems to be diminishing, at least for now.

I don't know how much autonomy the NFL can actually remove from an owner while leaving him in place as essentially a figurehead for a while. It's not hard to imagine a situation where the operation of a particular franchise has gotten so egregiously bad and the owner has demonstrated so profoundly and over such a long period of time that he is incapable of making positive changes himself, the NFL decides that instead of forcing an owner to sell (at least for the time being), it has to step in and take a more active role in effecting changes itself.     

To be clear, I wasn't giving him credit for anything. He's done one thing on his own so far in 2020 and it was to lash out like a petulant child. I see no changes occurring. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the tweet is for the same article posted above, I just love the headline.  The quote below sums it well for me

“If you are a Washington football fan,” Leibovich says, “you can be at once horrified by what you’re learning about your team and quite hopeful that it could result in something that makes your team a whole lot more likable.” 

• Like 2