Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Banks went on to say, “The NFL was getting information every a couple days, a few times a week. Now they are talking to the investigators every day. Whatever information they were getting, they decided to take a more active role.”

...Regarding the Banks and Katz’s request that the NFL commit to removing Snyder as majority owner if investigators substantiate The Post’s reporting, Banks said that they were told simply that “the repercussions with the team will be commensurate with the report’s finding.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/31/nfl-assumes-oversight-investigation-into-washington-football-team-workplace/

19 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Not if they tie him to those videos. If they tie him to those videos, he's DONE. And you can put that in CAPS. 

That's gonna be hard to prove, though, unless a bunch of witnesses come forth who heard Snyder directly request the videos. Right now, the story of him asking a cheerleader to go to a hotel room with his friend to get to know each other better is far more damaging because the woman told several people at the time and they are backing up her story.

Edited by Califan007

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If the NFL is serious about sexual harassment; then all 3 things happens. The penalty is severe enough; that this never happens again.

Suspending Dan for a year at least and the lost of a high draft pick is a must.

No way do they take a draft pick..there will be fines and suspensions.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

That's gonna be hard to prove, though, unless a bunch of witnesses come forth who heard Snyder directly request the videos. Right now, the story of him asking a cheerleader to go to a hotel room with his friend to get to know each other better is far more damaging because the woman told several people at the time and they are backing up her story.

He told her to go to his room to get to know him better,but didn't say go to his room to have sex..so that is a big nothing

21 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Though possible,  it's highly unlikely.  As meddlesome as that ****nut has been over the years,  it would be damn near impossible for him not to know at least some of what was going on if not completely in the loop (let's not forget he isn't exactly the poster child for being a good human being).

In fact,  I  would say he was well aware of what was going on.  It feeds his narcissistic behavior and makes his sorry weak ass feel powerful. 

From my experience, it's much easier to occur than I think most realize. Especially if Dan did lean heavily on guys like Vinny and Bruce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

No way do they take a draft pick..there will be fines and suspensions.

He told her to go to his room to get to know him better,but didn't say go to his room to have sex..so that is a big nothing

I doubt too many people would think "Why don't you get to know my friend better up in the empty hotel room" means a cup of coffee and some conversation about pet peeves lol...at best, it's highly inappropriate for someone in a position of authority to make a request like that to someone he holds power over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Richardson (ex-owner of the Panthers) was not forced to sell the team, right? Has any NFL owner been forced to sell the team?

I believe they were going to levy a fine against him, likely a very large one, but he announced the sale the day the stuff came out and sold the team before that happened.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Richardson (ex-owner of the Panthers) was not forced to sell the team, right? Has any NFL owner been forced to sell the team?

Not to the best of my knowledge.  The NBA forced Sterling to sell,  so there's that. Lol. But if there ever was a ****head of an owner that deserves it, it's Dan ****ing Snyder. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I doubt too many people would think "Why don't you get to know my friend better up in the empty hotel room" means a cup of coffee and some conversation about pet peeves lol...at best, it's highly inappropriate for someone in a position of authority to make a request like that to someone he holds power over.

You never know..The cheerleader and Dan's friend knew each other..Maybe Dan's friend liked her and requested Dan to hook them up..

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You never know..The cheerleader and Dan's friend knew each other..Maybe Dan's friend liked her and requested Dan to hook them up..

Still just as bad. The important thing here is he was in a position of power. Your friend asks you to hook them up with a cheerleader who is ultiately under your authority, you tell your friend to **** off.

• Like 1

The NFL has taken over the investigation launched by the Washington Football Team into the Washington Football Team. Owner Daniel Snyder, in a statement issued to Adam Schefter of ESPN, contends that Snyder suggested the move.

“Recently, the Washington Football Team launched an independent [editor’s note: it wasn’t] third-part investigation about our culture and incidents of harassment,” the statement explains. “In conversations with Commissioner Goodell, Tanya and I suggested that the NFL assume full oversight of the investigation so that the results are thorough, complete and trusted by the fans, the players, our employees and the public. I appreciate Commissioner Goodell agreeing to our suggestion and the entire Washington Football Team remains committed to fully cooperating with all aspects of the investigation.”

While the goal may be to ensure that the results are “trusted by the fans, and the players, our employees and the public,” it will be hard to trust work performed by the lawyer hired by Snyder. Before the investigation can even remotely be regarded as independent, Beth Wilkinson must be replaced with someone hired by the league.

So since Snyder is in the mindset to make suggestions aimed at boosting the perception of the investigation, that should be his next one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/31/daniel-snyder-claims-he-suggested-that-nfl-assume-investigation-into-washington-allegations/

Highly unlikely in my eyes, but...

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...it will be hard to trust work performed by the lawyer hired by Snyder. Before the investigation can even remotely be regarded as independent, Beth Wilkinson must be replaced with someone hired by the league.

So since Snyder is in the mindset to make suggestions aimed at boosting the perception of the investigation, that should be his next one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/31/daniel-snyder-claims-he-suggested-that-nfl-assume-investigation-into-washington-allegations/

Considering the league "suggested" that Snyder hire Wilkinson and her team to conduct the investigation, I don't think Florio's suggestion here would matter one iota (I'm assuming it's Florio who wrote this lol). It's such an incredibly lazy take. Not to mention, if what the WP said is true about interviewing 100 people, those same 100 people can (and probably will) speak out if the report ends up sounding completely different than what they conveyed to the investigators. Their lawyers will make sure of that (too much $$ at stake not to).

Edited by Califan007

Just now, Califan007 said:

Still just as bad. The important thing here is he was in a position of power. Your friend asks you to hook them up with a cheerleader who is ultiately under your authority, you tell your friend to **** off.

Dan saying that does not incriminate him in any way..Nowhere in any conversation did he say go to his room and have sex with him..People are just on a witch hunt and want to believe everything they hear on Dan..Im not saying he is a good guy,but i don't think he a creepy perv either.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Dan saying that does not incriminate him in any way..Nowhere in any conversation did he say go to his room and have sex with him..People are just on a witch hunt and want to believe everything they hear on Dan..Im not saying he is a good guy,but i don't think he a creepy perv either.

It doesn't matter if he said the word "sex" or not for it to be damaging. Even if Dan said "to talk" it's severely inappropriate at best due to--again--his being in a position of authority and power relative to the woman he asked. You do NOT "ask" people under your authority to socialize with someone unless doing so it part of the job--like cheerleaders going to events or parties. Just the fact that he felt it was ok to do so is damning. this is far too serious to be brushed aside because the word "sex" was never mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It doesn't matter if he said the word "sex" or not for it to be damaging. Even if Dan said "to talk" it's severely inappropriate at best due to--again--his being in a position of authority and power relative to the woman he asked. You do NOT "ask" people under your authority to socialize with someone unless doing so it part of the job--like cheerleaders going to events or parties. Just the fact that he felt it was ok to do so is damning. this is far too serious to be brushed aside because the word "sex" was never mentioned.

Wait so how does that incriminate Dan on sexual harassment claims? Isn't that what all of this is about? He didn't tell her to go up there or else...lol

Edited by bh32
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I would add that it appears as thought all of the people gathered were at some type of a "work" function.  Even though it was fight night, it wasn't painted as though the cheerleaders were there because they were basically guests, they were essentially "hostesses," or representatives of the team at the time.  And Dan is the owner of the team.

It really all depends on the relationship between the employer and employee and the person being introduced.  I had a boss once who introduced somebody on our team to a friend of his outside the organization.  They've been married for 15 years and have 2 kids, so depending on your point of view, that worked out really well or poorly.  :)  However, the reason that situation worked is because 1. It was one level of management, not a C-suite to a junior person, 2. My boss and my co-worker had worked together for a while and were friends, 3. The person who he introduced her to was basically in-line with where my co-worker was in life.  Ie: about the same age, somewhat the same career level, etc.  There was no real way to perceive it was anything other than genuinely wanting to introduce 2 friends.  

But it doesn't seem like that was THIS scenario at all.  THIS scenario seems like Dan was the owner, the cheerleader worked for him, they were at some type of a work event, and he was suggesting the cheerleader spend time with one of his friends. IF that happened, it's at best a real lapse of judgement and sketchy.  At worst it's sexual harassment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But it doesn't seem like that was THIS scenario at all.  THIS scenario seems like Dan was the owner, the cheerleader worked for him, they were at some type of a work event, and he was suggesting the cheerleader spend time with one of his friends. IF that happened, it's at best a real lapse of judgement and sketchy.  At worst it's sexual harassment.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Why would you have any idea whether Dan is or is not a creepy perv?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Why would you have any idea whether Dan is or is not a creepy perv?

I think you would of heard of something by now if he was..Jerry Jones you hear all the time with him and they have pictures of him doing it

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Its funny that everything of late is Dan and Tanya Snyder.   The dude has been an owner here for 21 years -- now out of the blue they are a tag team?

Maybe she told Dan that she wanted to be involved to keep his ass from making stupid decisions..well that's what i'm hoping anyway..

Edited by bh32
  • Haha 1