Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s like seeing someone you know in an abusive relationship. Eventually the truth comes out when they leave. You don’t want to hear the details necessarily but you’re glad that person took the necessary steps to purge themselves of that cancer.

This isn't a clean comparison by any means but the type of made-up (as far as we're aware) silver lining you're projecting onto the story feels more like if in your exact scenario, you told yourself as bad as it was at least it made your friend a stronger person. It's possibly (even probably) not true, you have no reason to think it is, but the thought makes the bad more bearable.

8 minutes ago, Murphs56 said:

La Canfora dropping the hammer before the hammer. This definitely has something to do with some serious inappropriate behavior. 

What did JLC say? 

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This isn't a clean comparison by any means but the type of made-up (as far as we're aware) silver lining you're projecting onto the story feels more like if in your exact scenario, you told yourself as bad as it was at least it made your friend a stronger person. It's possibly (even probably) not true, you have no reason to think it is, but the thought makes the bad more bearable.

I’m not sitting here saying “the team is going to come out stronger from this”. I’m saying, it looks like they’re trying to remove many if not all of the problems from the past. If you chose to view it as nothing more than typical redskins and they’ll do the same thing again and again, then there’s nothing anyone can say that would make you more optimistic for the future.

sometimes you just gotta rip that band-aid off.

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m not sitting here saying “the team is going to come out stronger from this”. I’m saying, it looks like they’re trying to remove many if not all of the problems from the past. If you chose to view it as nothing more than typical redskins and they’ll do the same thing again and again, then there’s nothing anyone can say that would make you more optimistic for the future.

sometimes you just gotta rip that band-aid off.

Nah, it's not that in general I disagree with. I've been specifically talking about this thing you said, which was pie-in-the-sky thinking as far as we know:

56 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I actually wonder if this was orchestrated by Ron. He told Dan, "listen, you wanna change the culture? Let's come clean.

Etc.

It's way more likely this has been festering for a long while, and some good old-fashioned investigative journalism is going to expose it. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

I'm wondering if Stephanie Jojokian (the cheerleader director) will also be taken down with whatever the article says. Back when the cheerleader story was being discussed at least one cheerleader said Jojokian basically demanded that the cheerleaders go to a club with sponsors. I'm thinking that would definitely be something considered "disappoionting", especially to a female reporter like Julie Donaldson. I'm also wondering if Santos and Mann were fired as a preemptive strike of sorts to make it look like action was taken before the story broke.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah, it's not that in general I disagree with. I've been specifically talking about this thing you said, which was pie-in-the-sky thinking as far as we know:

Etc.

Just a theory. Besides. This would have been the best time to do it. The timing seems odd to me. Why would it all happen now.

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm wondering if Stephanie Jojokian (the cheerleader director) will also be taken down with whatever the article says. Back when the cheerleader story was being discussed at least one cheerleader said Jojokian basically demanded that the cheerleaders go to a club with sponsors. I'm thinking that would definitely be something considered "disappoionting", especially to a female reporter like Julie Donaldson. I'm also wondering if Santos and Mann were fired as a preemptive strike of sorts to make it look like action was taken before the story broke.

She should be, she was basically mama bear leading her cubs into a den of wolves. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A reminder of what the Skins were supposed to have changed regarding their internal audit/investigation into cheerleading practices:

●Suite holders are no longer permitted on the cheerleaders’ photo-shoot trips. Instead, two female Prince George’s County police officers accompanied the squad on its June trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, to shoot the 2018-19 swimsuit calendar. Moreover, the cheerleaders didn’t attend evening parties off the resort, as occurred on previous trips. Some told the Times they had been handpicked to socialize with suite holders at a nightclub and felt “pimped out” as a result.

●Redskins cheerleaders won’t be quite as scantily clad this season. Team officials reviewed their 22 existing outfits and chose the five “most conservative” for their 2018 uniforms. For the preseason game against the Denver Broncos, they wore black leggings with their sparkly bra-tops, and for the Sept. 16 home opener against the Indianapolis Colts, their bustier-style tops included billowy, elbow-length sleeves.

●While Stephanie Jojokian, the longtime director of the Redskins’ cheerleaders, has not been dismissed, oversight of the squad has been placed under the team’s new chief marketing officer, with a mission of being more “family friendly.”

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Damn it Dan! Get your house in order or sell the damn thing. For god sake, come clean, make an earnest statement and be humble about it. Also, sell the team.

Seriously, he just needs to go away. Let the Amazon guy buy it for $5 billion and set us free. 

• Like 1

By the way, am I the only one here who feels like this might--MIGHT--end up being more hype than substance?...

I remember all the hype the Trent Williams interviews were getting from damn near every beat reporter on twitter..."You MUST read this interview!" "It's disgusting how the Redskins treated Williams!", etc, etc...but when reading the interviews it became apparent that Trent was contradicting himself, changing his story, sounded like he was lashing out in anger more than anything. Towards the end of Trent's tenure here a lot of the fanbase had soured on him and those interviews that we were implored to read never amounted to much in terms of tarnishing the franchise.

10 minutes ago, dyst said:

Damn it Dan! Get your house in order or sell the damn thing. For god sake, come clean, make an earnest statement and be humble about it. Also, sell the team.

NO! Keep being a degenerate soulless asshole. The League already hates you--give them a reason!

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

By the way, am I the only one here who feels like this might--MIGHT--end up being more hype than substance?

It's the DC Media--OF COURSE it's more hype than substance. Especially anything Chris Russell reports.

I talked about this once, not a big deal, but another story in the pile about Dan.  I was at a resort eating breakfast and someone saw the Redskins jersey I was wearing and shared a story about his friend who is a limo driver who drove Dan along with his mom somewhere.  And according to this guy, Dan berated the driver several times, and ultimately Dan's mom approached the driver afterwards apologizing for Dan's petulance.

Who knows if true?  But there are a series of those type of stories about Dan being a jerk from ex-employees among others.   I don't think they are all made up.  Too many stories to not buy at least some of them are true.

The picture I always get about Dan is he's sort of a passive-aggressive socially shy version of George Steinbrenner.  Steinbrenner like Dan supposedly would kill on behalf of a friend and bail someone out in need and did a lot for charity, etc.  But weren't easy to work for, could be major jerks and built a culture set by fear-scapegoating.  You can get away with it more in baseball because of no salary cap and you can outspend others.  Tougher to succeed in football that way.

I'd be in favor of anything that resulted in Dan having to sell the team.  I do buy that he loves the team.  i also buy that he isn't always a bad guy.  But at the same time, no question in my mind he's incompetent and doesn't understand how to build a winning culture. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be in favor of anything that resulted in Dan having to sell the team.  I do buy that he loves the team.  i also buy that he isn't always a bad guy.  But at the same time, no question in my mind he's incompetent and doesn't understand how to build a winning culture. 

That’s where I’m at. The fact that he’s a huge fan like me means that if they do well then he’ll enjoy it. I don’t want to share my joy with that asshat. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That’s where I’m at. The fact that he’s a huge fan like me means that if they do well then he’ll enjoy it. I don’t want to share my joy with that asshat. 

From stories I read-heard Cooke was a jerk, too.  But the major difference to me is he was a competent owner and he could face the music.

I'd prop George Steinbrenner over Dan by a mile because at least he was able to handle the music and face criticism head on.  Dan seems to cower behind cronies and is too scared to face the media, the fans, etc.

Dan isn't the only dude who has gotten slammed by the media.  But I can say from my own experience dealing with the media -- they often give you a break when you talk to them.  If you don't, they are less likely to give you that break.

My personal take on Dan is whether all the stories about him or true or not he nonetheless deserves all the heat from each and every story.  If he doesn't have the guts to face it head on than he deserves the consequences of all of the stories IMO.   When you are a public figure it comes with the turf.  If he's too fearful to do that, then he's made his bed. 

I've given before some of my own personal experiences on this.  For example there was a reporter who gave me a hard time.  Did I feel like spending a 3 hour lunch with the dude?  Nope.  Was it pleasant?  Nope.   Did it help?  You bet it did.   

If Dan is as uncomfortable dealing with uncomfortable social situations as some purported to be the case -- then he needs to take his medicine on it because IMO in that case he's earned it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2