Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Not really sure moving up in the draft to nab a Qb this year is the way to go vs. Cost, continuing to build the roster, and seeing what you have in the QBs we currently have on the roster (specifically Heinike and Allen).

Fitzpatrick is with the team this season while you can have a competition with TH and KA and see if you have one of them take the reins. 

Fields is intriguing,  but I can't help but feel he's not going to be a franchise changing QB that would be worth the price. Just my 2 cents.

HTTR. 

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

The league heavily disagrees with you. It’s a terrible class next year.

I know that's the popular opinion right now, but the same way Wilson, Lance, and Jones shot up this year, the same way Burrow shot up last year, there will be 1 or more guys who all of a sudden become generational talent by the draft next year.

• Like 4

PFF I noticed of late likes mocking Bateman at 19

15. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: QB TREY LANCE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

New England is primed to move up for a quarterback on draft night, but the more I let this draft play out, the more comfortable I am with Lance in the middle of the first. He’s a dynamic runner who’s flashed the arm to hit every throw, but his accuracy is a notch below the other four first-round prospects. It’s a good play for New England, who have Cam Newton for one year, and they can take their time with Lance or throw him right into the mix when he’s ready.

Lance did his best work as a redshirt freshman in 2019 when he graded at 90.7 overall, but there’s some risk with a quarterback who has only 371 career dropbacks.

16. ARIZONA CARDINALS: LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE

Cornerback is likely in play here for the Cardinals, but adding a talent like Parsons is too tough to pass up. He’s one of the best run defenders of the PFF era, ranking fourth among all linebackers in grade (92.4) dating back to 2014, and he’s a solid coverage player with 4.39 speed. Parsons is also an outstanding pass-rusher who fits nicely in an Arizona scheme that got as creative as any with the front seven last season.

In a division full of run-heavy offenses, Parsons’ run-stopping ability has a tick more value, and the Arizona defense continues to take positive steps in the right direction.

17. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS: CB GREG NEWSOME II, NORTHWESTERN

The bottom line for the Raiders is if they don’t improve at cornerback, they have little shot of contending in a division with Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert and an emerging passing attack in Denver. Newsome has the skillset for Gus Bradley’s new Cover 3 scheme, as he is solid in off coverage while also showing the footwork to hang in press coverage.

He took great strides by earning an 83.8 coverage grade and allowing a passer rating of just 31.7 in 2020. The Raiders can add him to the mix with Treyvon Mullen and Damon Arnette, who both posted sub-60.0 PFF grades last season.

18. MIAMI DOLPHINS: EDGE KWITY PAYE, MICHIGAN

The Dolphins have done a fine job building their roster over the last few years, but they can still use some juice off the edge. Paye has improved every year at Michigan, and with a sub-6.5 three-cone under his belt, he provides a strong combination of production and athleticism.

Paye recorded an 87.1 pass-rush grade last season, but there’s still room to improve from a technique standpoint, and that’s the most intriguing part of his game and a worthwhile risk for the Dolphins with their second first-round selection.

19. WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM: WR RASHOD BATEMAN, MINNESOTA

Wide receiver is less of a need in Washington after adding Curtis Samuel and Adam Humphries to the mix this offseason, but Bateman is still an excellent fit within that receiving corps. Terry McLaurin can do it all as a big-play threat, and Bateman complements him nicely as a strong route-runner with catch-point skills and some of the slickest releases in the draft class.

Bateman has done it all, winning from all alignments, playing big at the catch point and forcing 36 missed tackles on 147 career receptions.

20. CHICAGO BEARS: S TREVON MOEHRIG, TCU

In this situation, the Bears will likely look at the second tier of quarterbacks later in the draft. Moehrig will pair with current safety Eddie Jackson to form a rangy duo on the back end.

Moehrig can do it all from a coverage standpoint, but he excels when playing in a two-high role. He patrols the field gracefully, leading to a 99th-percentile coverage grade, a 94th-percentile grade at free safety, a 95th-percentile grade in the slot and the top forced incompletion percentage in the class (23.7%).

21. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: EDGE JAYSON OWEH, PENN STATE

It’d be great to give the Colts a tackle in the first round, but I don’t love the value at this point in the draft. Oweh adds the athleticism that the Colts covet, and he steps in at a position of need along the defensive front.

Oweh took huge strides in the run game, and his legendary pro day featured a 4.38 40-yard dash. He also ranked in the 95th percentile or better in the vertical jump, broad jump, three-cone and short shuttle. Don’t worry about Oweh's zero-sack 2020 season; his 86.2 pass-rush grade over the last two years is a better indicator of future pass-rush performance.

22. TENNESSEE TITANS: EDGE JAELAN PHILLIPS, UCLA

There’s both a short and long-term play in this move for the Titans. Their pass-rush was among the worst in the league last season, and while they did add Bud Dupree this offseason, Harold Landry III is in the last year of his contract.

Phillips may just be the best edge defender in the entire class. The question for him is health and experience, as he has played just 962 career snaps, one year of top-notch production and a history of concussions. However, Phillips' production profile is undeniable, and it's bolstered by an 87.9 pass-rush grade, 18.1% pass-rush win percentage and the No. 28 run-defense grade among 118 recent NFL-caliber prospects.

While there’s some risk here, the payoff from Phillips could be massive.

23. NEW YORK JETS (VIA SEATTLE😞 CB CALEB FARLEY, VIRGINIA TECH

Farley comes with injury concerns of his own, but teams like the Jets would be wise to use their extra draft capital to try to hit a home run. Farley is a top-10-caliber player with back issues, and when healthy, he has one of the best cornerback skill sets to come out in a few years. His size, length and burst show up on film, all leading to his ranking first in coverage grade, coverage grade when targeted in single coverage and coverage grade at outside CB in his last full season in 2019.

The Jets must revamp their corners, and the Farley risk is well worth it as they rebuild the roster.

24. PITTSBURGH STEELERS: CB ASANTE SAMUEL JR., FLORIDA STATE

The Steelers have a few major needs to fill, and starting cornerback opposite Joe Haden is right at the top of the list along with offensive tackle and center.

Samuel is a ballhawk, especially with his eyes on the quarterback, and that’s a perfect fit for the Steelers defense. He has slot-like movement skills, but he’s at his best in a zone-heavy scheme on the outside. Samuel ranks above average in most PFF critical factors, but it’s his 97th-percentile forced incompletion percentage that is most attractive and the right fit for Pittsburgh.

25. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (VIA L.A. RAMS😞 WR ELIJAH MOORE, OLE MISS

The Jaguars have plenty of draft capital, and the rest of their draft is all about building the best environment for Trevor Lawrence to succeed. Moore helps take a big step in the right direction, as he adds a speedy playmaker who excels in the slot and could dabble on the outside.

In the short term, he complements the current group of Jaguars wide receivers nicely, as he joins D.J. Chark with deep speed to go with a veteran possession type in Marvin Jones and a wild card in last year’s second-rounder Laviska Shenault Jr. Moore posted a 91.2 PFF grade last season and he’s gotten open on 71.2% of his single-coverage targets, 11th-best out of 88 qualifying recent NFL prospects. That skill set is valuable in any offense.

26. CLEVELAND BROWNS: LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME

The depth chart certainly says linebacker is a need, but that’s not why Owusu-Koramoah is a good fit for the Browns. It’s excellent value at this point in the draft, and JOK provides yet another versatile coverage player to the back end in Cleveland.

He is a linebacker in name, but at Notre Dame, he lined up over the slot 411 times in his career to go with an 85.2 grade, and his overall coverage grade of 89.6 ranks 13th among 121 recent NFL-caliber linebacker prospects. While rookie linebackers have a difficult transition in today’s NFL, JOK should become one of Cleveland’s best coverage players in the coming years.

27. BALTIMORE RAVENS: EDGE AZEEZ OJULARI, GEORGIA

Like many of the other edge defenders in the class, Ojulari has a small sample size of college data, but he emerged last season with the best pass-rush grade in the draft class at 91.7. Ojulari has an old-school 3-4 outside linebacker feel, and that’s a good fit for the Ravens, who want versatility for their blitz-heavy scheme. With good burst, length, and the willingness to get dirty in the run game, Ojulari will join Tyus Bowser and Pernell McPhee to form a solid trio of edges in the Baltimore defensive front.

28. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: WR TERRACE MARSHALL JR., LSU

With Emmanuel Sanders getting released, the Saints are in the market for a No. 2 receiver, and Marshall matches up well with Michael Thomas on the other side.

Marshall has the size and speed to be a downfield threat, which meshes well with QB Jameis Winston’s aggressiveness. The LSU product caught 59.5% of his contested catches in his college career, No. 1 out of 63 qualifying recent NFL-caliber prospects.

29. GREEN BAY PACKERS: T TEVEN JENKINS, OKLAHOMA STATE

The Packers have had one of the best offensive lines in the league over the last few years, but they have a question mark at right tackle heading into 2021. Jenkins can step in as a starter after an outstanding career at Oklahoma State that saw him grade at an impressive 90.1 in true pass sets over the last three years. Jenkins is also a powerful run-blocker who ranks above the 87th percentile in run-blocking grade on both gap and zone runs. He fills a big need at right tackle and allows Billy Turner to kick back inside to guard.

30. BUFFALO BILLS: G ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER, USC

Vera-Tucker has had success at both guard and tackle at USC, and that versatility only enhances his value. He was excellent in pass protection last year at tackle, allowing only eight pressures on 305 attempts. He allowed just seven pressures on 590 attempts at guard in 2019.

Vera-Tucker has some stickiness as a run-blocker, especially at the second level, where he can lock onto linebackers to open up running lanes. He can start immediately at guard while doubling as a swing tackle in Buffalo. 

31. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: T DILLON RADUNZ, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

Unless there’s a free-agent signing on the horizon — either Russell Okung or Alejandro Villanueva are available and are a good fit — the Chiefs head into the draft in a desperate spot at left tackle. Radunz is an impressive athlete who is explosive in the run game and smooth in pass protection, though he still has some work to do in the latter area. He did post a strong 89.3 pass-blocking grade in 2019, and he was one of the best tackles at the Senior Bowl. 

32. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: S ELIJAH MOLDEN, WASHINGTON

The Bucs are positioned to take the best player on the board, but they can also mitigate potential weaknesses in the short term with a player like Molden. He has the third-best slot coverage grade among NFL-caliber prospects since 2014, and he has the skill set to play safety, as well. Molden profiles as a Mike Hilton or Tyrann Mathieu type, and he provides immediate depth and future starter potential for the league’s most well-rounded roster.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bateman is a beast.  And he was hampered by poor QB play this season too.  But I was kind of hoping we could get him at 51.

Will see as for 51, judging by most mocks I doubt he drops any further than the early 2nd.   But then again you always get surprises.  The wildcard with the WR class is how deep it is and does that make teams skip them early?

Kiper picking some of his favorite players in the draft.  I share some of them.  Between Lance, Jones, and Fields I am a Fields guy.  I think I might be one of Michael Carter's biggest fan on this thread.   Radunz is my favorite 2nd round type LT.  Elijah Moore is my guy at WR. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31278258/favorite-2021-nfl-draft-prospects-mel-kiper-picks-every-position-including-justin-fields

Quarterback

194.png&h=110&w=110

Justin Fields, Ohio State

Fields' game has been picked apart during the pre-draft process, but he'd almost certainly be the top quarterback in most other classes. He's a special talent. I've never wavered on making him my No. 2 signal-caller behind Trevor Lawrence. Fields was questioned when he transferred from Georgia to Ohio State, but I love his competitiveness. He just wants to play. Does he have things he needs to work on? Of course. He had two bad games last season in which he compounded his mistakes and threw some ugly picks, but when he's at his best, he's phenomenal. Fields was the best player on the field when Ohio State beat Lawrence's Clemson team on New Year's Day. I really hope he lands with a team that has some weapons, and he'd be great for Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers.

Projection: I don't think Fields drops out of the top 10, even if it takes a team trading up to get him.

Running back

153.png&h=110&w=110

Michael Carter, North Carolina

Carter doesn't get much publicity -- he's not even the popular notable running back on his own team, as UNC's Javonte Williams will likely get picked higher -- but I love the way he runs. He's tough to tackle at 5-foot-8. He carried the ball 514 times in four years for the Tar Heels -- and averaged 6.6 yards per carry. He led FBS with 18 rushes of 20-plus yards last season. He also posted back-to-back-to-back years with at least 20 catches. Carter is going to be a great addition for an NFL team.

Projection: Running backs are tough to gauge in the draft because how they fit a team really matters. I think Carter could go as early as the second round or as late as the top of the fourth round. By the way, Carter and Williams could both join Giovani Bernard as the the only North Carolina running backs taken in the first three rounds since 2000. Bernard went in Round 2 in 2013.

Fullback

130.png&h=110&w=110

Ben Mason, Michigan

There aren't many true fullbacks in this class, but I wanted to mention Mason, a pile-driving blocker. He looks like a player pulled straight from 1985. He's a 6-foot-2, 250-pound fullback who will pave the way for running lanes. Mason wasn't used much in the passing game -- he caught three passes for 32 yards in his career, but he did have some goal-line carries, resulting in nine touchdowns ... and an average of 2.4 yards per rush.

Projection: Mason will be a Day 3 pick for a team that still values having a lead blocker. He'll have to contribute on special teams as well.

Wide receiver

145.png&h=110&w=110

Elijah Moore, Ole Miss

Moore is going to be a quarterback's best friend. He is an explosive and versatile wideout who thrived in the slot at Ole Miss; 64 of his 86 catches last season came when he was lined up in the slot. And he did that in only eight games. He's one of the most pro-ready receivers in this class because a team can get him touches on Day 1 as a rookie. He'll be an instant starter.

Projection: I projected Moore to the Titans at No. 22 in my latest mock draft, but I wouldn't be shocked if he slid to the top of the second round.

Tight end

103.png&h=110&w=110

Hunter Long, Boston College

Kyle Pitts would have been the easy choice here, so let's highlight Long. He's big, tough and physical, and he can block. He'll also stretch the deep middle of the field -- he caught 57 passes for 685 yards and five scores last season. Thirty-nine of his catches last season were on throws between 5-15 yards downfield, which means he knows how to get open. That ranked as the third most in FBS. Long is a complete player, and young tight ends who can block are tough to find, so he's going to have a lot of suitors.

Projection: Scouts love Long's all-around game, and I recently highlighted him as a player who could be a surprise first-round pick. He's likely to go in Round 2, though. No Boston College tight end has been picked in the first three rounds in the common draft era (since 1967).

Offensive tackle

2449.png&h=110&w=110

Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State

Radunz towered over FCS defenders, and he stuck out like a sore thumb on tape. He protected Trey Lance's blind side, starting 32 games for the Bison. The 6-foot-6 tackle is very consistent on every rep -- he doesn't have much bad tape. He was also good at the Senior Bowl, where he got his first taste of going against FBS defensive linemen. He didn't look out of place. I also have a soft spot for FCS players, and I want to see them succeed. Radunz is a prospect I'm rooting for.

Projection: Radunz is my seventh-ranked tackle, and he's going to be picked in the second round.

Guard

30.png&h=110&w=110

Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC

Vera-Tucker is my top-ranked guard in this class, and he reminds me a little bit of Zach Martin. They're both powerful at the point of attack and have outstanding feet. Vera-Tucker actually played left tackle for the Trojans last season, but I think he'll fit better as a guard at the next level. The folks at ESPN Stats & Info had him down for 849 total pass blocks over the last two seasons, and he only allowed two sacks and had two holding penalties. He has all-pro-level talent.

Projection: Vera-Tucker is going in the top 20. I projected him to the Raiders at No. 17 in my latest mock draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

Who stands out in next year's class vs. this year's class?  

I don't want to name names for the simple reason it'll always sound crazy to project this early unless it's someone like Lawrence. You would have sounded crazy to project Burrow as a top QB after losing his spot to Haskins or his first mediocre year at LSU. I'm projecting a jump from several players, but it will sound crazy to announce it now. There are already mock drafts for next year being made that have 3 and 4 1st round QBs and some of those include the guys I'm thinking of.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I don't want to name names for the simple reason it'll always sound crazy to project this early unless it's someone like Lawrence. You would have sounded crazy to project Burrow as a top QB after losing his spot to Haskins or his first mediocre year at LSU. I'm projecting a jump from several players, but it will sound crazy to announce it now. There are already mock drafts for next year being made that have 3 and 4 1st round QBs and some of those include the guys I'm thinking of.

What makes you think anybody that has a breakout is going to be in reach for us? If we finish 7-10/6-11 even we’ll be settling for scraps.

Draft Network

49ers

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

Ever since the books set up with Mac Jones as the heavy favorite for No. 3 overall, there has been a steady climb in interest on Fields, to the point now that he is the slight favorite on most books. The movement may be solely the result of public money and media speculation, but as someone who has never believed in the Mac-49ers hype, this pick remains Fields for me. As it rightfully should be. 

I don’t think Fields is a perfect fit for the Shanahan offense as we’ve seen it in San Francisco to this point. With Fields in hand, the 49ers can throw the ball a little further downfield more often and add the QB running game, expanding on the already solid dimensions of a devastating RPO/screen game.

Falcons

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

So I think Atlanta wants to trade this pick back. Why not? Kyle Pitts is awesome, but extra first-round picks are better.

Here’s the interesting thing though: the Bengals aren’t trading out of No. 5 overall, as Cincinnati is not a heavy trade team, and they have ideal options (Penei Sewell and Ja’Marr Chase) both available. The Dolphins aren’t trading out of No. 6 overall, as they traded up to that spot with the intention of adding a blue-chip offensive player. So teams in need of a quarterback who want to trade up don’t have a team to beat at five or at six—and with rumors of the Lions being interested in a trade back at No. 7, why pay the premium to move up to No. 4?

So I think Atlanta gets stuck in this spot, and as such, takes home a grand consolation prize in Pitts. With a TE-heavy offense coming from Tennessee, a new head coach in Arthur Smith, and a rather thin TE room in Atlanta, this fills a need while also cementing Atlanta’s pass-catching corps as truly top tier.

Don’t sleep on OT (Sewell or Slater) at this spot, either.

Bengals

Penei Sewell

OT, Oregon

I think, when push comes to shove, the Bengals make the long-expected pick in Sewell. Most teams approach free agency by filling in gaps on the roster with potential, acceptable starters to give themselves flexibility on draft day, as the Bengals have done with Riley Reiff. On a one-year deal on the wrong side of 30, Reiff simply does not have enough quality snaps left to preclude you from taking an early tackle. Flexibility to wait a round? Yes. But it doesn’t make Sewell any less attractive or valuable.

Chase would still be an excellent selection, and I’d imagine between now and next week, we get a little more clarity on who the Bengals prefer. But for now, I still expect Sewell; and I expect him to start at right tackle, while Williams stays on the left, and Reiff fights for a guard job.

Dolphins

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

I think there’s a better chance this pick is either of the Alabama WRs (DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle) than we realize, but I still think Chase is the pick for now. His odds in Vegas to be the first WR off the board are around -800, so it’s certainly chalk for now.

The Dolphins will have to do some work with Chase’s fit beside DeVante Parker and Will Fuller, both of whom figure to take a dominant number of snaps on the outside. Chase took only 105 of his nearly 800 snaps in 2019 from the slot, and is best as a contested-catch player and not as a quick underneath separator. This is why the Alabama WRs both might be better fits, but Chase probably has the most national talent, and his toughness over the middle will create RAC opportunities.

Lions

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

What the Lions are going to do is pretty tricky to suss out. The WR room is downright terrible, and any WR pick in the first round would be justifiable. The defense, built in the image of Bill Belichick by Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn, has few translatable players or exciting young talents.

But I’d argue the Lions don’t really have a quarterback. At the top of their depth chart is Jared Goff, a player who Sean McVay—one of the premier offensive minds in the NFL—wanted to be done with so badly, he traded capital away to get Goff and his contract into Detroit. Now, new Lions GM Brad Holmes has a QB that he can start and does believe in—but as he himself told the Huddle and Flow podcast, the Lions are not nearly out of the QB hunt.

As such, I think this is a good landing spot for Lance, who is generally viewed as a developmental prospect in need of a long runway. Lance can see the field as QB2, given his dual-threat ability. Goff essentially is on a two-year deal with the Lions in terms of cuts, but can be traded after next season, so Lance could see the field as early as 2022.

Washington

Christian Darrisaw

OT, Virginia Tech

This is a mini-slide for Darrisaw, as I expect there are enough teams that are high enough on him to get him in the top 15. The floor is Washington at No. 19, as the Football Team has some exciting youth at left tackle in Cornelius Lucas and Geron Christian, but still could use a stronger, clear starter at the spot. Darrisaw is a devastating run blocker who fits on an already supersized offensive line, though there are some concerns with his transition into traditional pass sets from a Virginia Tech offense that rarely asked him to pass protect on traditional dropbacks.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was nearly the pick here.

20.Patriots

Christian Barmore

IDL, Alabama

Chicago receives: 2021 first-round pick (15 overall)

New England receives: 2021 first-round pick (20 overall), 2022 second-round pick

So, this is an interesting one. Barmore has been rumored to be a top-15 pick, which would put him on the Patriots’ radar—though they traded out of the top 15 and still get him at No. 20. Belichick’s Patriots have missed on their last two early defensive tackles in Dominique Easley (2014) and Malcolm Brown (2015), and Barmore is a pretty bold take in the first round with his developmental arc considered.

I think the Patriots’ defensive tackle depth chart is fine enough, but I’ve been told they want to upgrade the position—and in that most of their interior players are gap-control bodies, grabbing a slippery penetrator like Barmore gives them some interior rush juice to disrupt the pocket without sending extra pressures. The Saban-Belichick connection feels like it matters as well.

Colts

Alex Leatherwood

OT, Alabama

This is a bit of an [insert OT here] spot. I don’t think it’ll be Teven Jenkins, who apparently is “viewed as a right tackle” by the NFL—and the Colts clearly need a left tackle to replace the retired Anthony Castonzo. I would like Samuel Cosmi, the athlete out of Texas—but I think the Colts would prefer Liam Eichenberg, the tackle out of Notre Dame and once teammate of Quenton Nelson, given their success drafting from that factory.

On top of it all? Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood, who tested better than I thought he might, has multiple years of starting experience, and critically, has big-time length (33 ⅞”) in a generally stubby offensive tackle class. I think Leatherwood could be aptly described as pro-ready, which makes sense on a Colts offense that’s clearly pushing for playoff contention with the trade acquisition of Carson Wentz and re-signing of T.Y Hilton.

Titans

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

This is one of the most common mock draft pairings you’ll see in April, and I’m not one to break tradition. Despite all of their defensive needs, the most dire position on the Titans’ roster is wide receiver, where they’ve lost every significant snap-getter not named A.J. Brown in this year’s free agency cycle, and replaced those snaps with… Josh Reynolds!

Bateman was coached by P.J. Fleck, just as Corey Davis was, and is a tough blocker, strong middle-of-the-field player, and detailed route-runner, as Davis was for the Titans. Bateman fits nicely with Brown because both are threats to all three levels of the field and sneaky threats with the ball in their hand given their physicality.

Jets

Caleb Farley

CB, Virginia Tech

The Jets are in a great spot to take the swing on Farley, who still has an outside chance of landing in the first round despite undergoing his second back surgery in as many years this past month. Farley is arguably the best corner in the class on film and athleticism alone, and New York currently has last year’s fifth-round pick in Bryce Hall as their CB1 on the depth chart.

Sure, they could still sign Richard Sherman in free agency in the summer, but you’d like to have the flexibility to not overpay when you sign that deal. Farley represents a total steal at No. 23 if he’s able to stay healthy during his rookie deal, and has the size Robert Saleh has typically loved in his corners.

Steelers

Najee Harris

RB, Alabama

The certainty that the Steelers will take Najee Harris at No. 24 when we don’t really know anything after Pick No. 2 entertains me—but hey, sometimes that’s how the draft works! Multiple reports have tagged the Steelers as interested in securing a bellcow back a la Le’Veon Bell—a name we have seen used in comparison to Najee Harris’ size, patient running, and pass-catching ability.

I think the Steelers have more pressing woes (offensive line, outside corner) to address, but Harris does give them a physical presence—something prioritized by that front office—and a pro-ready pass protector to help the leaky offensive line.

Jaguars

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

LB, Notre Dame

Owusu-Koramoah is a tough player to slot, as he’ll really be deployed like a box safety, not as a true stack linebacker. The Jaguars are strong at linebacker with Myles Jack and Joe Schobert in hand, but weak at safety and over the slot, so for their purposes, Owusu-Koramoah is exactly what the doctor ordered. 

The Jags lost longtime slot corner D.J. Hayden in free agency this year, and after trading away Ronnie Harrison, arguably had no starting-caliber safeties in the 2020 season. Rayshawn Jenkins is a good add, but Owusu-Koramoahcan play over tight ends, over slot receivers, or as the WILL linebacker with success, filling multiple roles for a depleted back seven. 

26.Bills

Azeez Ojulari

EDGE, Georgia

Buffalo receives: 2021 first-round pick (26 overall)

Cleveland receives: 2021 first-round pick (30 overall), 2021 fifth-round pick (162), 2022 seventh-round pick

We know that Brandon Beane is willing to trade up in the draft to secure his guys. We know that Andrew Berry has an analytics background that endorses trading back to add late-round picks. Let’s make a deal, kids!

Ojulari is a great fit in Buffalo. The Bills lack a stand-up rusher opposite Jerry Hughes, who will turn 33 before the 2021 season kicks off. Ojulari can be both Hughes’ running mate and eventual successor—and coming from Georgia, where he was a shockingly staunch run defender, he will check Sean McDermott’s box for toughness and three-down ability. 

CB2 (Eric Stokes and Greg Newsome II) was the other consideration here. I might actually change this to Newsome right now. Wait, nope, can’t do that—it’s already published.

Ravens

Trevon Moehrig

S, TCU

I firmly expect Moehrig to go in the first round, and to be frank, this is on the latter half of his range—but Baltimore is such a great fit. Moehrig is a combo safety who can line up in the box and threaten to blitz, cover in man responsibilities, or bail to a deep zone all with equal legitimacy. For a heavy man-blitz team, versatile safeties who can tackle in space are precious, and Moehrig fits that bill.

By the time the snaps are divided, however, I’d imagine he mains as the Ravens’ deep safety, where DeShon Elliott did not bring enough last season to lock down the starting gig against a player like Moehrig.

Saints

Greg Newsome II

CB, Northwestern

The Saints stay the Saints, recouping ludicrous value on their selections as Newsome falls into their laps. With Janoris Jenkins cut for cap relief and few incumbent options on the roster to replace him, CB2 opposite Marshon Lattimore is perhaps the only starting job up for grabs on the fearsome New Orleans defense.

Newsome is a great fit. He can rock man coverage from off alignments and is clever and quick in zone—and he’s a sound tackler in space. I’m not sure you’ll love him in press in Year 1, which is where you want Lattimore, so there may be a few wrinkles to figure out early, but talent sticks, and Newsome, when healthy, is as talented a corner as there is in this class.

Packers

Teven Jenkins

OT, Oklahoma State

I said in the Colts’ blurb that Jenkins is viewed as a right tackle in the league—no sweat off the Packers’ back, as they need a starting right tackle over Billy Turner, who’s best as a swing player. Jenkins is more talented than the 29th overall pick would suggest, and at a premium position that helps Aaron Rodgers, this is an absolute win.

Jenkins isn’t a perfect scheme fit for wide zone approaches, as he isn’t necessarily super springy on his feet—but as the backside blocker, he can wash down defensive tackles with his displacement power, paving massive cutback lanes. And in true pass protection, his aggressive sets will work well to keep Rodgers clean early in the down.

Browns

Jayson Oweh

EDGE, Penn State

Cleveland receives: 2021 first-round pick (30 overall), 2021 fifth-round pick (162), 2022 seventh-round pick

After a small trade back (analytics!), the Browns take an otherworldly athlete (analytics!)—love to be on-brand.

With Jadeveon Clowney in hand, this is about as good of a spot for Oweh as it gets. He can play on passing downs, when his athleticism will be maximized, as Clowney is better for base downs for his top-flight run defense. With that rotation established, Oweh will have more time to develop into what the Browns so desperately need: a rusher too dangerous to leave unaccounted for by offenses looking to devote all of their resources to Myles Garrett on the opposite side. Oweh won’t be that this year, but he could well be that by 2022, as the Browns look to build a perennial contender.

Chiefs

Terrace Marshall Jr.

WR, LSU

Is this an indulgent pick? Yes. Do the Chiefs care? Not really.

Wide receiver is actually a need for Kansas City, as they have no depth behind Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill. Sammy Watkins left for Baltimore and Mecole Hardman isn’t consistent enough to be ranked above “gadget player” on the roster. Marshall fits the Chiefs’ overarching philosophy of team speed, while also offering outside/slot versatility and the size currently absent on the depth chart. The real question: can he play tackle in a pinch?

Eagles

Eric Stokes

CB, Georgia

Philadelphia receives: 2021 first-round pick (32 overall)

Tampa Bay receives: 2021 second-round pick (37 overall), 2021 fourth-round pick (123), 2021 sixth-round pick (225)

Tampa fielded two trade-up offers here: one from the Eagles, and one from the Chargers, who need to address their tackle room after neglecting it in Round 1. I gave the Eagles the trade-up package here, as there’s more talent in the tackle class for the Chargers to wait on—the same is not true for the cornerback room.

Stokes is a well-rounded player with press ability and good zone instincts, both of which are important for a hodgepodge defense like the one deployed by Jonathan Gannon in Indianapolis and Minnesota. He also tests out as a quality athlete, which has been important to Philadelphia over the last few drafts. With Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and even still New York ahead of them in the draft order, the Eagles couldn’t afford to leave Stokes on the board entering Day 2.

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

What makes you think anybody that has a breakout is going to be in reach for us? If we finish 7-10/6-11 even we’ll be settling for scraps.

Because this draft class has been so hyped, you'll have at least 5 to 7 teams still tied to the prospects they pick this year, next year. That takes a significant amount of competition out of the QB market in the short term- almost a 4th of the league. My assumption for a while is that next year it will be easier for a QB to fall because less teams will be in the market. There will obviously be new teams QB shopping but I think more will be out of that market based on the hype this year.

From what I can tell, we have these drafts where all the QBs are "so great" some year's and guys like Darnold are going top 3, and then we have year's where not as many teams are in the QB market and Rodgers falls to the mid 20s. I think this year is a Darnold year of over drafting,  meaning next year there could be some talent sliding like when Rodgers was coming out.

6 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

There’s a ton of talent in this upcoming draft class as it stands right now. I don’t get this thought process. Every year there is always significant talent entering the league. 

Kayvon Thibadeaux Edge Oregon

Derek Stingley CB LSU

John Metchie WR Alabama

Bubba Bolden S Miami

Evan Neal OT Alabama

Christian Harris LB Alabama

Sam Howell QB UNC

JT Daniels QB Georgia

Dillon Gabriel QB UCF

Spencer Rattler QB Oklahoma

Rasheed Walker OT Penn State

Charles Cross OT Miss State

Chris Olave WR Ohio State

Sevyn Banks CB Ohio State

Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas A&M

Zion Nelson OT Miami

Cade Mays OG Tennessee

Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A&M

Justyn Ross WR Clemson

That’s just off the top of my head. There will be risers and fallers and new guys entering the fray. But the class being bad is silly. The top two safeties are Moehrig level of good if not better. The top TE would be better than any TE in this draft as an in-line guy (isn’t a pass catcher like Pitts though). The top receivers aren’t as good as the top of this year’s class but they are damn good. The QBs may wind up being more heralded as a whole than this year’s crop. 

And, not to mention... the overall defensive talent in the 2022 draft class is MUCH better at the top than this season.

• Like 2

I want to draft Collins so badly at 19, but my crush on Moehrig just keeps getting stronger every day. Our secondary is almost as good as our Dline with a player like him.

It'll be interesting to see how active we are in the back half of FA after the draft and seeing how that falls to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

That's one QB

I just named a ton of prospects.

Oh. Wait. I think you blocked me for calling you out on making things up about Fields. 

Someone let him know there’s more than one QB in next year’s class please :ols:

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Draft Network

49ers

Justin Fields

QB, Ohio State

Ever since the books set up with Mac Jones as the heavy favorite for No. 3 overall, there has been a steady climb in interest on Fields, to the point now that he is the slight favorite on most books. The movement may be solely the result of public money and media speculation, but as someone who has never believed in the Mac-49ers hype, this pick remains Fields for me. As it rightfully should be. 

I don’t think Fields is a perfect fit for the Shanahan offense as we’ve seen it in San Francisco to this point. With Fields in hand, the 49ers can throw the ball a little further downfield more often and add the QB running game, expanding on the already solid dimensions of a devastating RPO/screen game.

Falcons

Kyle Pitts

TE, Florida

So I think Atlanta wants to trade this pick back. Why not? Kyle Pitts is awesome, but extra first-round picks are better.

Here’s the interesting thing though: the Bengals aren’t trading out of No. 5 overall, as Cincinnati is not a heavy trade team, and they have ideal options (Penei Sewell and Ja’Marr Chase) both available. The Dolphins aren’t trading out of No. 6 overall, as they traded up to that spot with the intention of adding a blue-chip offensive player. So teams in need of a quarterback who want to trade up don’t have a team to beat at five or at six—and with rumors of the Lions being interested in a trade back at No. 7, why pay the premium to move up to No. 4?

So I think Atlanta gets stuck in this spot, and as such, takes home a grand consolation prize in Pitts. With a TE-heavy offense coming from Tennessee, a new head coach in Arthur Smith, and a rather thin TE room in Atlanta, this fills a need while also cementing Atlanta’s pass-catching corps as truly top tier.

Don’t sleep on OT (Sewell or Slater) at this spot, either.

Bengals

Penei Sewell

OT, Oregon

I think, when push comes to shove, the Bengals make the long-expected pick in Sewell. Most teams approach free agency by filling in gaps on the roster with potential, acceptable starters to give themselves flexibility on draft day, as the Bengals have done with Riley Reiff. On a one-year deal on the wrong side of 30, Reiff simply does not have enough quality snaps left to preclude you from taking an early tackle. Flexibility to wait a round? Yes. But it doesn’t make Sewell any less attractive or valuable.

Chase would still be an excellent selection, and I’d imagine between now and next week, we get a little more clarity on who the Bengals prefer. But for now, I still expect Sewell; and I expect him to start at right tackle, while Williams stays on the left, and Reiff fights for a guard job.

Dolphins

Ja'Marr Chase

WR, LSU

I think there’s a better chance this pick is either of the Alabama WRs (DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle) than we realize, but I still think Chase is the pick for now. His odds in Vegas to be the first WR off the board are around -800, so it’s certainly chalk for now.

The Dolphins will have to do some work with Chase’s fit beside DeVante Parker and Will Fuller, both of whom figure to take a dominant number of snaps on the outside. Chase took only 105 of his nearly 800 snaps in 2019 from the slot, and is best as a contested-catch player and not as a quick underneath separator. This is why the Alabama WRs both might be better fits, but Chase probably has the most national talent, and his toughness over the middle will create RAC opportunities.

Lions

Trey Lance

QB, North Dakota State

What the Lions are going to do is pretty tricky to suss out. The WR room is downright terrible, and any WR pick in the first round would be justifiable. The defense, built in the image of Bill Belichick by Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn, has few translatable players or exciting young talents.

But I’d argue the Lions don’t really have a quarterback. At the top of their depth chart is Jared Goff, a player who Sean McVay—one of the premier offensive minds in the NFL—wanted to be done with so badly, he traded capital away to get Goff and his contract into Detroit. Now, new Lions GM Brad Holmes has a QB that he can start and does believe in—but as he himself told the Huddle and Flow podcast, the Lions are not nearly out of the QB hunt.

As such, I think this is a good landing spot for Lance, who is generally viewed as a developmental prospect in need of a long runway. Lance can see the field as QB2, given his dual-threat ability. Goff essentially is on a two-year deal with the Lions in terms of cuts, but can be traded after next season, so Lance could see the field as early as 2022.

Washington

Christian Darrisaw

OT, Virginia Tech

This is a mini-slide for Darrisaw, as I expect there are enough teams that are high enough on him to get him in the top 15. The floor is Washington at No. 19, as the Football Team has some exciting youth at left tackle in Cornelius Lucas and Geron Christian, but still could use a stronger, clear starter at the spot. Darrisaw is a devastating run blocker who fits on an already supersized offensive line, though there are some concerns with his transition into traditional pass sets from a Virginia Tech offense that rarely asked him to pass protect on traditional dropbacks.

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was nearly the pick here.

20.Patriots

Christian Barmore

IDL, Alabama

Chicago receives: 2021 first-round pick (15 overall)

New England receives: 2021 first-round pick (20 overall), 2022 second-round pick

So, this is an interesting one. Barmore has been rumored to be a top-15 pick, which would put him on the Patriots’ radar—though they traded out of the top 15 and still get him at No. 20. Belichick’s Patriots have missed on their last two early defensive tackles in Dominique Easley (2014) and Malcolm Brown (2015), and Barmore is a pretty bold take in the first round with his developmental arc considered.

I think the Patriots’ defensive tackle depth chart is fine enough, but I’ve been told they want to upgrade the position—and in that most of their interior players are gap-control bodies, grabbing a slippery penetrator like Barmore gives them some interior rush juice to disrupt the pocket without sending extra pressures. The Saban-Belichick connection feels like it matters as well.

Colts

Alex Leatherwood

OT, Alabama

This is a bit of an [insert OT here] spot. I don’t think it’ll be Teven Jenkins, who apparently is “viewed as a right tackle” by the NFL—and the Colts clearly need a left tackle to replace the retired Anthony Castonzo. I would like Samuel Cosmi, the athlete out of Texas—but I think the Colts would prefer Liam Eichenberg, the tackle out of Notre Dame and once teammate of Quenton Nelson, given their success drafting from that factory.

On top of it all? Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood, who tested better than I thought he might, has multiple years of starting experience, and critically, has big-time length (33 ⅞”) in a generally stubby offensive tackle class. I think Leatherwood could be aptly described as pro-ready, which makes sense on a Colts offense that’s clearly pushing for playoff contention with the trade acquisition of Carson Wentz and re-signing of T.Y Hilton.

Titans

Rashod Bateman

WR, Minnesota

This is one of the most common mock draft pairings you’ll see in April, and I’m not one to break tradition. Despite all of their defensive needs, the most dire position on the Titans’ roster is wide receiver, where they’ve lost every significant snap-getter not named A.J. Brown in this year’s free agency cycle, and replaced those snaps with… Josh Reynolds!

Bateman was coached by P.J. Fleck, just as Corey Davis was, and is a tough blocker, strong middle-of-the-field player, and detailed route-runner, as Davis was for the Titans. Bateman fits nicely with Brown because both are threats to all three levels of the field and sneaky threats with the ball in their hand given their physicality.

Jets

Caleb Farley

CB, Virginia Tech

The Jets are in a great spot to take the swing on Farley, who still has an outside chance of landing in the first round despite undergoing his second back surgery in as many years this past month. Farley is arguably the best corner in the class on film and athleticism alone, and New York currently has last year’s fifth-round pick in Bryce Hall as their CB1 on the depth chart.

Sure, they could still sign Richard Sherman in free agency in the summer, but you’d like to have the flexibility to not overpay when you sign that deal. Farley represents a total steal at No. 23 if he’s able to stay healthy during his rookie deal, and has the size Robert Saleh has typically loved in his corners.

Steelers

Najee Harris

RB, Alabama

The certainty that the Steelers will take Najee Harris at No. 24 when we don’t really know anything after Pick No. 2 entertains me—but hey, sometimes that’s how the draft works! Multiple reports have tagged the Steelers as interested in securing a bellcow back a la Le’Veon Bell—a name we have seen used in comparison to Najee Harris’ size, patient running, and pass-catching ability.

I think the Steelers have more pressing woes (offensive line, outside corner) to address, but Harris does give them a physical presence—something prioritized by that front office—and a pro-ready pass protector to help the leaky offensive line.

Jaguars

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

LB, Notre Dame

Owusu-Koramoah is a tough player to slot, as he’ll really be deployed like a box safety, not as a true stack linebacker. The Jaguars are strong at linebacker with Myles Jack and Joe Schobert in hand, but weak at safety and over the slot, so for their purposes, Owusu-Koramoah is exactly what the doctor ordered. 

The Jags lost longtime slot corner D.J. Hayden in free agency this year, and after trading away Ronnie Harrison, arguably had no starting-caliber safeties in the 2020 season. Rayshawn Jenkins is a good add, but Owusu-Koramoahcan play over tight ends, over slot receivers, or as the WILL linebacker with success, filling multiple roles for a depleted back seven. 

26.Bills

Azeez Ojulari

EDGE, Georgia

We know that Brandon Beane is willing to trade up in the draft to secure his guys. We know that Andrew Berry has an analytics background that endorses trading back to add late-round picks. Let’s make a deal, kids!

Ojulari is a great fit in Buffalo. The Bills lack a stand-up rusher opposite Jerry Hughes, who will turn 33 before the 2021 season kicks off. Ojulari can be both Hughes’ running mate and eventual successor—and coming from Georgia, where he was a shockingly staunch run defender, he will check Sean McDermott’s box for toughness and three-down ability. 

CB2 (Eric Stokes and Greg Newsome II) was the other consideration here. I might actually change this to Newsome right now. Wait, nope, can’t do that—it’s already published.

Ravens

Trevon Moehrig

S, TCU

I firmly expect Moehrig to go in the first round, and to be frank, this is on the latter half of his range—but Baltimore is such a great fit. Moehrig is a combo safety who can line up in the box and threaten to blitz, cover in man responsibilities, or bail to a deep zone all with equal legitimacy. For a heavy man-blitz team, versatile safeties who can tackle in space are precious, and Moehrig fits that bill.

By the time the snaps are divided, however, I’d imagine he mains as the Ravens’ deep safety, where DeShon Elliott did not bring enough last season to lock down the starting gig against a player like Moehrig.

Saints

Greg Newsome II

CB, Northwestern

The Saints stay the Saints, recouping ludicrous value on their selections as Newsome falls into their laps. With Janoris Jenkins cut for cap relief and few incumbent options on the roster to replace him, CB2 opposite Marshon Lattimore is perhaps the only starting job up for grabs on the fearsome New Orleans defense.

Newsome is a great fit. He can rock man coverage from off alignments and is clever and quick in zone—and he’s a sound tackler in space. I’m not sure you’ll love him in press in Year 1, which is where you want Lattimore, so there may be a few wrinkles to figure out early, but talent sticks, and Newsome, when healthy, is as talented a corner as there is in this class.

Packers

Teven Jenkins

OT, Oklahoma State

I said in the Colts’ blurb that Jenkins is viewed as a right tackle in the league—no sweat off the Packers’ back, as they need a starting right tackle over Billy Turner, who’s best as a swing player. Jenkins is more talented than the 29th overall pick would suggest, and at a premium position that helps Aaron Rodgers, this is an absolute win.

Jenkins isn’t a perfect scheme fit for wide zone approaches, as he isn’t necessarily super springy on his feet—but as the backside blocker, he can wash down defensive tackles with his displacement power, paving massive cutback lanes. And in true pass protection, his aggressive sets will work well to keep Rodgers clean early in the down.

Browns

Jayson Oweh

EDGE, Penn State

After a small trade back (analytics!), the Browns take an otherworldly athlete (analytics!)—love to be on-brand.

With Jadeveon Clowney in hand, this is about as good of a spot for Oweh as it gets. He can play on passing downs, when his athleticism will be maximized, as Clowney is better for base downs for his top-flight run defense. With that rotation established, Oweh will have more time to develop into what the Browns so desperately need: a rusher too dangerous to leave unaccounted for by offenses looking to devote all of their resources to Myles Garrett on the opposite side. Oweh won’t be that this year, but he could well be that by 2022, as the Browns look to build a perennial contender.

Chiefs

Terrace Marshall Jr.

WR, LSU

Is this an indulgent pick? Yes. Do the Chiefs care? Not really.

Wide receiver is actually a need for Kansas City, as they have no depth behind Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill. Sammy Watkins left for Baltimore and Mecole Hardman isn’t consistent enough to be ranked above “gadget player” on the roster. Marshall fits the Chiefs’ overarching philosophy of team speed, while also offering outside/slot versatility and the size currently absent on the depth chart. The real question: can he play tackle in a pinch?

Eagles

Eric Stokes

CB, Georgia

Philadelphia receives: 2021 first-round pick (32 overall)

Tampa Bay receives: 2021 second-round pick (37 overall), 2021 fourth-round pick (123), 2021 sixth-round pick (225)

Tampa fielded two trade-up offers here: one from the Eagles, and one from the Chargers, who need to address their tackle room after neglecting it in Round 1. I gave the Eagles the trade-up package here, as there’s more talent in the tackle class for the Chargers to wait on—the same is not true for the cornerback room.

Stokes is a well-rounded player with press ability and good zone instincts, both of which are important for a hodgepodge defense like the one deployed by Jonathan Gannon in Indianapolis and Minnesota. He also tests out as a quality athlete, which has been important to Philadelphia over the last few drafts. With Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and even still New York ahead of them in the draft order, the Eagles couldn’t afford to leave Stokes on the board entering Day 2.

Give me Darrisaw all day at #19!  :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I want to draft Collins so badly at 19, but my crush on Moehrig just keeps getting stronger every day. Our secondary is almost as good as our Dline with a player like him.

It'll be interesting to see how active we are in the back half of FA after the draft and seeing how that falls to us.

Good news for that is I think both Zaven and Moehrig would be there.  I like both, neither would be my top pick at 19.  Both I think both have one thing in common:  high floor.

Moehrig instincts in coverage, from the games I watched he almost always seems around the ball, are among the best I've seen among the safeties over the years.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is funny!  Will find out today or after but boards are pretty much set and have been.

34 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There’s a ton of talent in this upcoming draft class as it stands right now. I don’t get this thought process. Every year there is always significant talent entering the league. 

Derek Stingley CB LSU

John Metchie WR Alabama

Bubba Bolden S Miami

Evan Neal OT Alabama

Sam Howell QB UNC

JT Daniels QB Georgia

Dillon Gabriel QB UCF

Zion Nelson OT Miami

Cade Mays OG Tennessee

Justyn Ross WR Clemson

That’s just off the top of my head. There will be risers and fallers and new guys entering the fray. But the class being bad is silly. The top two safeties are Moehrig level of good if not better. The top TE would be better than any TE in this draft as an in-line guy (isn’t a pass catcher like Pitts though). The top receivers aren’t as good as the top of this year’s class but they are damn good. The QBs may wind up being more heralded as a whole than this year’s crop. 

And, not to mention... the overall defensive talent in the 2022 draft class is MUCH better at the top than this season.

Quality QBs though KD.  We have to wait and see how many cream of the crop rise and are worthy of 1st round picks.  This year is a good year.  Let's see how next year pans out vs. what we have this year. 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is funny!  Will find out today or after but boards are pretty much set and have been.

Quality QBs though KD.  We have to wait and see how many cream of the crop rise and are worthy of 1st round picks.  This year is a good year.  Let's see how next year pans out vs. what we have this year. 

Glad I’m not blocked! I actually enjoy chatting with you!!!!

QB wise there’s a few! Howel, Rattler, Gabriel, Crum, Daniels are the tops right now. Some like Slovis.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Derek Stingley CB LSU

John Metchie WR Alabama

Bubba Bolden S Miami

Evan Neal OT Alabama

Sam Howell QB UNC

JT Daniels QB Georgia

Dillon Gabriel QB UCF

Zion Nelson OT Miami

Cade Mays OG Tennessee

Justyn Ross WR Clemson

All I care about is QB because that’s the biggest gaping hole we have right now. If we don’t draft one this year we have to be desperate in getting one of the top guys next year because we can’t waste this core on Kyle Allen.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see as for 51, judging by most mocks I doubt he drops any further than the early 2nd.   But then again you always get surprises.  The wildcard with the WR class is how deep it is and does that make teams skip them early?

I think you are right.  Higgins, Pittman, Shenault, Hamler, & Claypool all went between picks 33-49.  I think we will see something similar this year with WR again.  

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Glad I’m not blocked! I actually enjoy chatting with you!!!!

QB wise there’s a few! Howel, Rattler, Gabriel, Crum, Daniels are the tops right now. Some like Slovis.

Truth be told I ignored you not blocked you.  Could have sent in a message but am letting you know.  All is well, KD.  Sometimes I get my fill.  I apologize.  Can't wait till the draft starts and see what happens nights 1 and 2.  That will tell us what they plan.  :)

24 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

All I care about is QB because that’s the biggest gaping hole we have right now. If we don’t draft one this year we have to be desperate in getting one of the top guys next year because we can’t waste this core on Kyle Allen.

One thing we can do.  If Fitz plays well for us this year and we don't draft a QB (I am hoping like you we get our future guy this year) we can sign Fitz for another year to groom next year's QB if we draft one next year.

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1