Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Im really shocked people are upset with how this front office is doing so far....anyone who cant see we are on the UP is blind....that playoff game our teams in the past get BLOWN OUT like Drew Brees Saints 52 points BLOWN OUT....our team competed every week this year which is something i havent seen in a LONG TIME...not to mention we ROFLSTOMPED the Dallas texas boys or whatever...TWICE.

I think he looks like a really solid pick. Let's face it, our record of drafting QBs in the first round really isn't anything to brag about, so I'm fine with someone who can make a solid contributiuon, address a need and stick around longer than a year without stinking the place up.

I like Jamin the player.  I lobbied for him as a nice developmental project that I much preferred to more polished options like Werner and Jabril Cox.  But let's be honest, we reached for him.  He was like a second round pick based on his film, but ran and jumped his way up to our pick with that crazy Pro-Day.

That said, it doesn't mean he can't be an absolute beast here, and I think we can get more out of him than any other team in the league could have.  So he is more valuable to us than he would have been to the field.  He's got the right coaches to teach him, the right scheme to play in, and the right defensive line in front of him.  We need fast linebackers and he qualifies.

My big question now is can he start day one?  He's raw and his instincts are underdeveloped, which is a little troublesome for a stack LBer.  If he takes a little while to get up to speed, that'd be disappointing for spending a first round pick on a LBer.    We'll want him playing and contributing ASAP.

We need to make some picks to fix the offense tomorrow.  Obviously if there is a DB who is BPA at 51, then you take him.  But otherwise I hope the pick is a receiver, QB, or OL.

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is Andre Cisco a fit in this defense? Who needs to score points when we allow 13ppg lol. 

I think they’re targeting Moehrig or Jevon Holland. IIRC they’ve had multiple zoom calls with Jevon and also like his KR/PR potential. 

I think Jamin's easiest fit is to start is WLB.

His weaknesses IMO is play recognition.  His sideline to sideline speed though IMO is special once he takes off.  Ditto his open field tackling.   I liked him over Zaven mainly for those 2 reasons.   He has the loose hips/athleticism to play coverage. 

I think a sneaky attribute for Jamin is pass rushing.   He has the strength and speed and elusiveness to go after the passer.  They didn't use him much as a pass rusher but when they did he looked like a force to be reckoned with. 

His athleticism is special.  You don't always find linebackers who are that agile and fast and strong.  

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like Jamin the player.  I lobbied for him as a nice developmental project that I much preferred to more polished options like Werner and Jabril Cox.  But let's be honest, we reached for him.  He was like a second round pick based on his film, but ran and jumped his way up to our pick with that crazy Pro-Day.

That said, it doesn't mean he can't be an absolute beast here, and I think we can get more out of him than any other team in the league could have.  So he is more valuable to us than he would have been to the field.  He's got the right coaches to teach him, the right scheme to play in, and the right defensive line in front of him.  We need fast linebackers and he qualifies.

My big question now is can he start day one?  He's raw and his instincts are underdeveloped, which is a little troublesome for a stack LBer.  If he takes a little while to get up to speed, that'd be disappointing for spending a first round pick on a LBer.    We'll want him playing and contributing ASAP.

We need to make some picks to fix the offense tomorrow.  Obviously if there is a DB who is BPA at 51, then you take him.  But otherwise I hope the pick is a receiver, QB, or OL.

This pick is all about projection, projection, projection. Ron clearly saw him as clay that he can mold into a great player, he's easily going to start day 1 and be our best LB by far. 

14 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is Andre Cisco a fit in this defense? Who needs to score points when we allow 13ppg lol. 

I like Cisco.  Playmaker.  Coming off of an injury though, has some Laron Landry in him as to miss tackles.  Among the players left right now he wouldn't be in my top 10.  But if they miss out on a safety in the 2nd, he'd be on my list among others later in the draft.  

42 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Elijah Moore is right there...

That's my top "my guy" player.  I've touted him a ton for months.  I'd love him at 51 but is he going to be there?  Terrace Marshall is tempting too.

Jevonte Williams is an animal.  I doubt they'd take him but to me he's just half a peg below Najee and Etienne. 

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Think of it this way... one of the following will be there at 51 (only listing players I'd consider with our needs):

1). E. Moore (WR)

2). R. Moore (WR)

3). T. Marshall (WR)

4). J. Williams (RB)

5). T. Jenkins (T)

6). Cosmi (T/G)

7). Radunz (T)

8).  Eichenberg (T) 

9). Brown (T)

10). Moerig (S)

11). Grant (S)

12). Holland (S)

13). Cisco (S)

14). T. Campbell (CB)

15). Samuel Jr (CB)

16). JOK (LB)

17). Mills (QB)

18). Freiermouth (TE)

19). Ajulari (could be BPA although I think he's going early 2nd)

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Think of it this way... one of the following will be there at 51 (only listing players I'd consider with our needs):

1). E. Moore (WR)

2). R. Moore (WR)

3). T. Marshall (WR)

4). J. Williams (RB)

5). T. Jenkins (T)

6). Cosmi (T/G)

7). Radunz (T)

8).  Eichenberg (T) 

10). Moerig (S)

14). T. Campbell (CB)

15). Samuel Jr (CB)

I have a really hard time ranking those guys.  If I did it emotionally

1.  Elijah Moore

2.  Samuel Jr.

3. Terrace Marshall

4.  Rondale Moore

5.  J. Willliams

6.   Moehrig

7.  Jenkins

8.  Cosmi

9. Radunz

10. Eichenberg

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

1). E. Moore (WR)

2). R. Moore (WR)

3). T. Marshall (WR)

4). J. Williams (RB)

5). T. Jenkins (T)

6). Cosmi (T/G)

7). Radunz (T)

8).  Eichenberg (T) 

9). Brown (T)

10). Moerig (S)

11). Grant (S)

12). Holland (S)

13). Cisco (S)

14). T. Campbell (CB)

15). Samuel Jr (CB)

16). JOK (LB)

17). Mills (QB)

18). Freiermouth (TE)

19). Ajulari (could be BPA although I think he's going early 2nd)

I would add dyami Brown and jabril cox to that list. Maybe Walker little

No DT's and no S drafted in the 1st.  This is an interesting draft.

Chicago and New England drafted a QB.  Those were two of the risks for taking one ahead of us on Day 2.  Bodes well.

Wasn't the big OL run some feared.  Bodes well for us.

Wasn't a big WR run, or a TE slipping into the 1st.  Bodes well.

I'm liking how the draft board is shaking out for us heading into Day 2.  Seems like none of the positions have been depleted.  Some talent at everything.

Everything is still on the table for 51, 74, and 83.

Archived