Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disney+ wants no butts on their platform

Cooked Crack

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Disney+ sux

It's not worth it if you don't have kids. I got a year free but I'm going to run out of things to watch after I finish Star Wars Rebels and the last episodes of The Clone Wars. Original programming is seriously lacking.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's not worth it if you don't have kids. I got a year free but I'm going to run out of things to watch after I finish Star Wars Rebels and the last episodes of The Clone Wars. Original programming is seriously lacking.

3rded. Outside of Mandalorian—it's a wasteland.

Reminds me of this article that came out after it had launched.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/12/2/20985953/disney-plus-adult-content

One major difference Disney pointed out early on was its decision to stick with “family-friendly” content—G, PG, and PG-13 films only. This meant that its superhero options wouldn’t include the R-rated films it added to its catalog after acquiring 20th Century Fox, Logan or Deadpool—or other more adult Fox films for that matter. It also meant that while The Mandalorian was billed as “darker, freakier,” it probably wouldn’t be showing any gore or Baby Yoda cloaca (look it up—or don’t). But when lines are drawn, it is human nature to seek their edges. Is there truly no adult content on Disney+? What, exactly, has Disney deemed SFS (safe for streaming) or banned as too naughty? One must naturally inquire: Is there anything even remotely raunchy, ribald, or freaky available on Disney+?

To find out, I first went through the films to see whether I recognized any movies with some dirty, nasty moments in them. There were a number of films with titles that sounded filthy, but which are not, like: Double Teamed, The Swap, and Once Upon a Mattress. All shockingly devoid of even a whiff of naughtiness. I asked my colleague Miles Surrey, who recently spent 12 hours watching Disney+, whether he’d seen anything that could be considered “sexy.” He noted that The Love Bug has a number of surprisingly ribald jokes, including intimations that “Dean Jones ****ed Herbie.” Surrey also noted that Herbie (the car) locks a woman inside of him so a man can flirt with her. Disturbing! But not, it must be said, hot.

I guess the people at Disney+ now have the time to go back and search.

Off topic, but Daryl Hannah in her prime was amazing.

• 1 year later...

So much for your Disney+ subscription...

Disney announces the rest of its 2021 movies will debut exclusively in theaters

Disney announced the remainder of its 2021 films will be released exclusively in theaters before streaming on Disney+.

The decision by Disney on Friday shows that the company is optimistic about movie theater audiences returning, despite Covid-19 spikes caused by the Delta variant.

-------------------

Meanwhile at Disneyland...

Man claims Disney 'brainwashes' guests into buying food at theme parks: 'Not being dramatic'

A theory that Disneyland “brainwashes” guests into buying food went viral on TikTok.

User @hangryblogger shared the conspiracy with his audience. He claimed “Smellitizers” make the park smell like delicious food — and there’s some truth to the claim.

“Did you know Disneyland actually brainwashes you every time you visit?” a voice said in the video, which now has more than 5 million views. “Have you ever walked by a building with a bunch of speakers on it but no sound is coming out?”

Those speakers actually emit certain aromas throughout the park. 

According to a June post from user @JustTheNobodys, who created the original audio @hangryblogger shared, candy shops, ice cream shops, popcorn stands and rides all use Smellitizers.

In a 2017 interview with Fast Company, former Disneyland employee Jody Jean Dreyer said they used Smellitizers to “provide a complete experience.” 

They didn’t design them to brainwash you into buying churros. The patented machines just appeal to your emotions and enhance your experience.

According to a post titled “Science of Disney: Smellitiziers” from the Ph.D. Princess blog, these Smelletizers are intricately designed and programmed.

“What’s so special about Disney’s Smellitizers is that the smells are timed precisely, released relatively discreetly and directly, dissipate quickly and can be used repeatedly for around 80 to 100 showings a day per theater,” the blogger wrote. “Combining knowledge from chemistry, engineering, and neuroscience, Disney’s Smellitizers make riding their attractions much more magical and realistic.”

Click on the link for the full article

Disney + is easily the streaming service I use the least.  Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max all get a lot of playing time from me.  

As someone who has grown to hate Marvel, it does practically nothing for me.  I just scrolled through, there's nothing in the platform I have any interest in.  Gonna cancel it soon.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 3:46 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

They don't like butts and they cannot lie

Disney plus will deny

When a movie has scenes with a rear bare waist

And a round thing in your face

It gets cut

First. This made me laugh waaaaay harder than it should have. 

as for the movie thing - Disney plus wasn’t about movie debuts, that was a function of covid. I just assumed one day they’d go back to the normal way. 

not sure now is the best time to make that switch back, but that’s for a different thread I suppose. 

this bothers me not at all. 

i, personally, am over the theater experience. I’ll wait till it’s on a streaming platform. Watching movies in the basement with the family with none of the overhead of going to a theater is way better to me. Did it a lot with friends and family. It’s just better. Alcohol, pause/rewind, set your own schedule, finish it another day if your kids force that option, not having issues with bedtime routines. 

All it’ll take us a few bad debut numbers and they’ll change their minds…

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Disney rights history’s greatest wrong, returns mermaid’s butt to Splash

When Disney+ first launched 36 months ago, one thing stood out to millions of viewers: Was Daryl Hannah’s butt always so blurry?

As we celebrated another 11/12 in solemn commemoration of the day Disney+ launched, we were reminded of Splash, the little movie Disney censored because it didn’t want kids to find out that butts exist. When the streaming service hit the internet on that fateful day, many viewers did what any normal Disney+ subscriber would do and fired up Splash. What they found, they would not soon forget. Daryl Hannah’s long blonde hair flowed past her lower back, creating a merkin of sandy seaweed where the mermaid’s butt should be.

But, at least, dear reader, our waking nightmare is at an end. Per CBR, Disney relented and upgraded the butt-less version on Disney+ in 4k, giving Hannah’s character a bit of a haircut and restoring her butt to its proper place.

Now, if you’re desperate to see the full, uncut version of Splash that was too wild for Disney+, you’ll have to dive into the streamer’s parental controls. CBR notes that the company updated its parental controls to make room for all those Netflix Marvel shows, which show an edgier, more disregarded side of the MCU.

Disney has begun reeling back some of its strong stances on censorship. This probably has to do with the fact that their biggest cash cows are Star Wars and Marvel, which, despite mostly bloodless violence, feature a whole bunch of people getting killed. For example, in the film Avengers: Infinity War, a character named Thanos kills roughly 4 billion people. When you think about it, though, most of Thanos’ victims had butts, so technically, he was just doing Disney’s dirty work.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...