Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select

Isaiah Simmons 6’4 240lb LB/S

WAS.png

Isaiah Simmons - LB/S

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

To say that my model rates Simmons highly is a bigunderstatement. Why? Because of his exceptional results in a wide range of situations. Simmons' versatile resume includes meaningful reps as a slot corner, safety, off-ball linebacker and edge defender, as well as some snaps as an outside corner. The Clemson product's 23 pressures on 70 pass rushes nets to a 32.9 percent pressure rate (highest in FBS last season, according to Pro Football Focus) and his 56.5 passer rating allowed in coverage was the best in the ACC amongst safeties (with at least 25 targets, per PFF). My models say Simmons would help Washington the most in terms of wins added in 2020. However, on some other teams, his win-share impact is even higher, meaning this could be an efficient trade target.

And for all the ribbing Washington took earlier, they were able to secure a 2nd round pick and get their guy anyways. So a big smile to the haters.👌🏾

73FA0C0C-1C58-4D20-BEC5-D768AE6BD163.jpeg

16 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the 5th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select

Isaiah Simmons 6’4 240lb LB/S

WAS.png

Isaiah Simmons - LB/S

If the Skins somehow move out of the 2nd spot and miss on Young, this is the guy I want. 

7 minutes ago, duffy said:

If the Skins somehow move out of the 2nd spot and miss on Young, this is the guy I want. 

For sure, not having Chase hurt, but I tried to make the most of it. He just offers so much in terms of versatility that you gotta figure JDR and RR would have a field day designing his role for the Skins. Happy it worked out and they were both still there. Gamble paid off.

@Gallen5862 is on the clock

@Reaper Skins is on Deck

8 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Simmons would surely be the best consolation prize in the event Young is taken 1st. 

Yep, Okudah is safer and a superb talent. But Simmons is a different animal, in terms of how he could be used. That was the difference between the two for me.

The Carolina Panthers with the 7th pick in the 2020 ES Mock draft selects Derrick Brown DT, Auburn. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105930/article/charles-davis-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jeff-okudah-out-of-top-10

The Panthers will -- and should -- consider a quarterback or local favorite Isaiah Simmons here, but with a defensive front that needs to get younger, the best DT in the draft is hard to pass on.

1 hour ago, Gallen5862 said:

The Carolina Panthers with the 7th pick in the 2020 ES Mock draft selects Derrick Brown DT, Auburn. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105930/article/charles-davis-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jeff-okudah-out-of-top-10

The Panthers will -- and should -- consider a quarterback or local favorite Isaiah Simmons here, but with a defensive front that needs to get younger, the best DT in the draft is hard to pass on.

Brown committed to the Vols at one point, he’s a wild fella. 

Yes guys let’s see if we can get this rolling a bit more than day 1. Thank you! Send us your lists if there is any chance you will not be ready to pick. Work on your trades before hand, go letting people know, find out who may be interested. If you haven’t heard anything on a trade pre your pick then just make the pick.. Thanks guys!

Archived