Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

I always look forward to reading the write-ups on players once the real draft commences.

Just now, volsmet said:

I expected Quartney to be long gone by now, but WRs slipped in our draft. 

Yeah, after I got my guy in the 2nd, I stopped scouting them.  Have enough #3s, and a baller #1, so I just needed my #2 to be set.

7 minutes ago, drowland said:

Browns draft results:

1 10 Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

2 33 Erza Cleveland OT Boise State

3 74 Malik Harrison LB Ohio State

4 115 Antonio Gibson WR/RB Memphis

6 174 Khalid Kareem DL Notre Dame

7 244 Jared Mayden S Alabama

Ended up with only 6 picks but took care of the Browns biggest need at LT with Erza Cleveland who should be a day 1 starter and I think has a chance to be really good.

Kinlaw, Harrison and Kareem help beef up the Browns front 7 against the run and adds some interior pressure to go with the outside pressure they have with Garrett and Vernon.

The Browns are pretty solid with offensive skill players, but Gibson adds more speed either playing wide or lined up in the backfield.  Also brings KR skills.

Mayden should be able to make a 53 and be a good reserve player in the secondary as long he can contribute on ST.

Would have liked to have done more at safety but the board didn't fall my way. The Browns picked up Karl Joseph and a guy from the Vikings so they've got some experience there.  Plus I think they're still in the mix for Anthony Harris who the Vikings likely don't want to pay the franchise tag money.  Don't think they'll have the cap space to.

Ezra Cleveland has a chance to be a 10 year starter in the NFL at left tackle but day one is risky. He has to get his core strength up to NFL standards before he can step in and start because much like what happened to Eric Bakhtiari early in his career, opposing rushers will figure out they can go through him instead of around him. That's your ceiling IMO also which anyone would take in a heartbeat. 

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I would also like to point out my small school DII sleeper from last year is still in the league. 

I’m headed to an FCS school Pittsburgh PA for my final selection. My favorite part of our draft is round 7... takes a bit of hw to find a guy at pick 220 who makes a roster. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They went like hotcakes in the first 3 rounds and change, some of my favorite guys gone quicker then I expected but then it slowed down

Davis was a guy I thought would be in some top 100s, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Ezra Cleveland has a chance to be a 10 year starter in the NFL at left tackle but day one is risky. He has to get his core strength up to NFL standards before he can step in and start because much like what happened to Eric Bakhtiari early in his career, opposing rushers will figure out they can go through him instead of around him. That's your ceiling IMO also which anyone would take in a heartbeat. 

True, he needs to get stronger.  He is however pretty polished in pass pro and understands leverage and has great footwork.  He'll struggle some against some of the top guys but he's good enough now to hold up. 

17 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Do you mean David Bakhtiari?  I don't really remember him struggling his rookie year, he just wasn't an all-pro yet.  Year two and on, tho...

My memory could be colored with the situation he was thrown into, though.  Bulaga was supposed to swing over to LT that year, but then, if I recall correctly, he suffered a season-ending knee injury during the Family Night scrimmage, an Bakhtiari was thrown to the wolves.  He performed very well for being suddenly thrust into that position, especially with the expectations of a 4th round prospect.  So maybe he struggled more than I remember because of how much he exceeded expectations which were not that of a perennial pro-bowler.

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I've seen @skinfan57 tagged for the Giants pick, not sure if he is picking for him or if I missed something. please lmk..

@Redskins Reparationsand the Giants is on the clock 

@volsmet and the Bills on deck

@Owls0325 is in the wings

@skinny21 is in the wings

I will be picking within the next 15 minutes.

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m headed to an FCS school Pittsburgh PA for my final selection. My favorite part of our draft is round 7... takes a bit of hw to find a guy at pick 220 who makes a roster. 

Davis was a guy I thought would be in some top 100s, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

I always start by going through the Lonestar and Missouri Valley conferences for flyers on late rounder. Highly likely you'll find guys there that at some point in their high school careers had P5 schools looking at them. If they're JuCo transfers all the better. From my experience at least there's probably more raw high end talent playing D2 than FCS. 

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I always start by going through the Lonestar and Missouri Valley conferences for flyers on late rounder. Highly likely you'll find guys there that at some point in their high school careers had P5 schools looking at them. If they're JuCo transfers all the better. From my experience at least there's probably more raw high end talent playing D2 than FCS. 

I like that philosophy. Grabbed Kaden Elliss from Idaho last year, he made the roster out of camp but spent much of the year on the ir. I have at least one mvc player on my udfa list this year. 

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I like that philosophy. Grabbed Kaden Elliss from Idaho last year, he made the roster out of camp but spent much of the year on the ir. I have at least one mvc player on my udfa list this year. 

D2 kids that catch on in the NFL do so in no small part because D2 football will make you tough as nails or break you. They grind those kids just as hard, but no Six Flags in the locker rooms, no tutors going to class for them, not all of them get full rides so they have to work, no NFL alumni everywhere and little to no national exposure. You have to be a bad mf'er to make it in the NFL via that route. 

2020 ES Mock Draft – Atlanta Falcons - Summary

Overall – The Falcons only had 6 pics to start, of which was a 7th rd pick. We ended up with 5 trading up in the 3rd rd. So we had to make sure to address our biggest issue, which was by far the defense as a whole but the Dline in particular. Tied with Detroit and Seattle with 28 sacks, only Miami had less with 23. The sacks leader, Vic Beasley was let walk after an underwhelming 8 sack season. So the early focus was edge and then interior. I really like both Epensa and Elliott. Both should start in September unless there is an injury. After that I went BPA. Burgess is a very smart player and someone who can play both S but could play some slot if needed. Nick Harris should be the starting C in a few years. But he has time to develop. Pinkney felt like a real steal in the 5th rd. He had a down year in 2019 but then again Vandy was a very bad offensive team. I like his chances to become a solid starter. A small but effective draft.

Rd 1 pick #16 (16) – A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

Rd 2 pick #23 (55) – Jordan Ellitt, DL Missouri

Rd 3 Pick #14 (78) – Terrell Burgess, S Utah

Rd 4 Pick #7 (113) – Nick Harris, OL Washington

Rd 5 Pick #6 (152) – Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

Just now, goskins10 said:

2020 ES Mock Draft – Atlanta Falcons - Summary

Overall – The Falcons only had 6 pics to start, of which was a 7th rd pick. So we had to make sure to address our biggest issue, which was by far the defense as a whole but the Dline in particular. Tied with Detroit and Seattle with 28 sacks, only Miami had less with 23. The sacks leader, Vic Beasley was let walk after an underwhelming 8 sack season. So the early focus was edge and then interior. I really like both Epensa and Elliott. Both should start in September unless there is an injury. After that I went BPA. Burgess is a very smart player and someone who can play both S but could play some slot if needed. Nick Harris should be the starting C in a few years. But he has time to develop. Pinkney felt like a real steal in the 5th rd. He had a down year in 2019 but then again Vandy was a very bad offensive team. I like his chances to become a solid starter. A small but effective draft.

Rd 1 pick #16 (16) – A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa

Rd 2 pick #23 (55) – Jordan Ellitt, DL Missouri

Rd 3 Pick #14 (78) – Terrell Burgess, S Utah

Rd 4 Pick #7 (113) – Nick Harris, OL Washington

Rd 5 Pick #6 (152) – Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

Atlanta taking care of everything between the hashes. 

With pick 248, the Buffalo Bills select:

CB, Reid Harrison Ducros, Duquesne by way of Boise St.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:31 PM, volsmet said:

Another Cb sleeper I love is Ducros, he’s got ridiculous feet, he’s incredibly smooth flipping & sprinting... but he didn’t get much attention after transferring from Boise to Duquesne. He’s my next pick in our Es draft. 

Archived