Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

17 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Get a better quality steak. 🤑

I feel the same way about a well done anything tho. Like chewing on an old shoe. 

ace-ventura-jim-carrey.gif

You wouldn’t eat fresh ground chuck raw…. so why eat a steak so? 😜

As someone who worked in a butchery for 4 years, I know my cuts pretty well. Some cuts are better than others… but flesh is flesh.

Both of us have to chew our meats…. but at least mine is cooked (no parasites). 😂

17 minutes ago, China said:

Someone's never had steak tartare.

The dish, also known as “tiger meat,” or “steak tartare,” is dangerous because it is uncooked, meaning it can still contain harmful bacteria that can cause foodborne illness, which are only killed by cooking ground beef to 160 degrees F. Don't become a statistic this year. Raw meat is never safe to consume.Dec 30, 2018

8 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

The dish, also known as “tiger meat,” or “steak tartare,” is dangerous because it is uncooked, meaning it can still contain harmful bacteria that can cause foodborne illness, which are only killed by cooking ground beef to 160 degrees F. Don't become a statistic this year. Raw meat is never safe to consume.Dec 30, 2018

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/food-health-toxicity-you-asked/you-asked-what-are-risks-eating-steak-tartare

Steak tartare is really raw hamburger mixed with spices. If the cut is contaminated on the outside then the mixing distributes the bacteria throughout. Raw meat, however, is not the only way to encounter E. coli. There have been cases of spinach being contaminated probably from manure as well as unpasteurized apple juice. Apples are picked up from the ground to make juice and you never know what animal pooped there. And if a waiter doesn't wash hands properly after going to the bathroom... well...you know what can happen. In comparison to all the cases of food poisoning that occur, the ones attributed to steak tartare are rare indeed. But they make the news. No doubt about it though, eating is a risky business. Not eating is riskier.

• Like 1