Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

18 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Eh, figured I would sit this right here. This is the Spider-Man movie we didn’t get, but definitely deserve. Spider-Man? Spider-woman? If this picture represents Spider-Man, well…..I’m confused…….9/10 would still be interested. The 1 missing is just in case my web slinger doesn’t work

image.thumb.jpeg.ec0892d111faf3d2380c5128131dbb62.jpeg

Madame Web is next year.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Had no idea there was a Bluit NM.  Not surprised it's in the far Eastern part of the state, aka little Texas.  The prevailing winds blow west to east because that part of the state sucks.  Hahahaha 😂.  Some NM Texas bashing humor.

I once heard my uncle tell my sister in law that birds won't fly over the town she grew up in because there was nothing worth ****ting on. 😆

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Had no idea there was a Bluit NM.  Not surprised it's in the far Eastern part of the state, aka little Texas.  The prevailing winds blow west to east because that part of the state sucks.  Hahahaha 😂.  Some NM Texas bashing humor.

I've been out that way...good telescoping dark skies in that area when its not windy.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I've been out that way...good telescoping dark skies in that area when its not windy.

When I worked for state I had projects in just about every county.  Kudos for finding something positive to say about that area. I didn't care for it.  I'm wondering if your experience was recent enough to have encountered all the gas flares and nighttime truck traffic that go on in the Permian lately.

I've found the area west of Socorro, Datil Quemado etc, to be the best  skies in the state. You get zero light pollution and you gain some pretty good altitude.  Course it gets windy there too, inescapable out here.

6 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

When I worked for state I had projects in just about every county.  Kudos for finding something positive to say about that area. I didn't care for it.  I'm wondering if your experience was recent enough to have encountered all the gas flares and nighttime truck traffic that go on in the Permian lately.

I've found the area west of Socorro, Datil Quemado etc, to be the best  skies in the state. You get zero light pollution and you gain some pretty good altitude.  Course it gets windy there too, inescapable out here.

One of my standard scoping spots is just north of the VLA.  Love that area.  Surprisingly cold in winter...froze a cable or two out there.  Even further west and a  bit south you get to Cosmic Campground...insanely dark, tho not as elevated, and the state has put out concrete slabs at camp sites to set the scope up on.

Also the flares are more concentrated to the South, and the truck traffic is only if you stay near a main thoroughfare...so not really a problem.  The main problem is the constant damn natural gas smell.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

One of my standard scoping spots is just north of the VLA.  Love that area.  Surprisingly cold in winter...froze a cable or two out there.  Even further west and a  bit south you get to Cosmic Campground...insanely dark, tho not as elevated, and the state has put out concrete slabs at camp sites to set the scope up on.

Also the flares are more concentrated to the South, and the truck traffic is only if you stay near a main thoroughfare...so not really a problem.  The main problem is the constant damn natural gas smell.

Take that road south from Grants past the arch.  Used to go that way to Quemado Lake all the time when I lived in Placitas.  Beautiful country and damn cold in the winter.  

Artesia east for a couple hundred miles pretty much has that terrible smell.  

• Thumb up 1