Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Posted (edited)

So a few weeks ago I followed the Captain of the USS Eisenhower on X.

Today he made a small post answering a post by USCENTCOm..

I replied with a picture of a Super Hornet heading off after refueling for a mission against the Houthi. (A nifty note, in the photo under the wings on the outside stations are AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. That is a recent upgrade, used to be they could only carry them on the wingtip stations. To answer the threat by the Hothi, they have doubled their air-to-air capacity.)

A Houthi answered me.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Posted (edited)

Summer movies of 1984. No reason to ever leave the theater. 

Ghostbusters

Gremlins

The Natural

Red Dawn

Last Starfighter

Muppets Take Manhattan

Once upon a time in America

Buckaroo Bonzai

Temple of Doom

The Karate Kid

Conan the Destoyers

The Neverending Story

Top Secret!

Sixteen Candles

The Bounty

Revenge of the Nerds

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Bang said:

So a few weeks ago I followed the Captain of the USS Eisenhower on X.

Today he made a small post answering a post by USCENTCOm..

I replied with a picture of a Super Hornet heading off after refueling for a mission against the Houthi. (A nifty note, in the photo under the wings on the outside stations are AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missiles. That is a recent upgrade, used to be they could only carry them on the wingtip stations. To answer the threat by the Hothi, they have doubled their air-to-air capacity.)

A Houthi answered me.

~Bang

I replied. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Been very busy out in DC and VA the last few days and ordering smoothies and teas at Wawa and Starbucks I notice these companies are starting to phase out straws. Then at the Nats game Friday I see the cups with the slot to drink through, they are phasing out straws too. I've seen some complaints on paper straws but eliminating plastic and paper straws just seems good to me.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Been very busy out in DC and VA the last few days and ordering smoothies and teas at Wawa and Starbucks I notice these companies are starting to phase out straws. Then at the Nats game Friday I see the cups with the slot to drink through, they are phasing out straws too. I've seen some complaints on paper straws but eliminating plastic and paper straws just seems good to me.

There's an Italian joint near me that uses pasta straws.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

There's an Italian joint near me that uses pasta straws.

Interesting you say that.  I know of an Italian place in Florida that's been doing that for 20 years now.  I guess they were ahead of the curve.

Edited by China

These fools kind people I work for sent me to a conference with a hotel attached and unlimited free buffet for my entire stay...

Now I get to use all my meal per diem on alcohol...

giphy (29).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Craziest thing on the local news... A bus in my county's system got highjacked and ended up crashing between my job and the Stone Mountain area.  It had to be the one that goes by my house, because it could only get to the road it ended up on from there, I'm just across the county line.  No wonder we were so busy today!  🍕🤑

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Ain't you played a video game from Japan that has grades for performance or quality or whatever, and 'S' always shows up above 'A'?

It's like being on the second floor in London but they call it the first floor.. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1