Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

39 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Saw Living Colour circa 93 or so at the Flood Zone RVA w/Helmet and Jesus Lizard.

Amazing show and, yes, I was very cool 30 years ago.

Saw them with G&R with the Stones headlining in LA in 89.  Show where Axel spouted off about gays and blacks and stuff, the entire coliseum booed him.  Mick came out and said, we're gonna play and not talk.  Living Colour was very good. 

My cool bro story for the day. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

My random thought after a yummy dinner of chx Tika and green beans over pad Thai made by my son:

What if the whole meaning of life is to search for purpose?

Hmm I wonder if he added a little something something to that yummy meal.

20240207_174453.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

I'm pretty sure I will get killed for posting this, lol. First, I am frugal about spending money before I state my thoughts (I know that is not a reasonable excuse). 

I know the primary etiquette when going to weddings: you RSVP and get a buy them something off their wedding registry. This is fine because they spend a lot of money celebrating their day with family and friends. Are you required to buy the married couple gifts from their wedding registry if they are having their wedding in another country (Peru)? If I have to spend more than $500 + on airfare, lodging, food, etc, I don't think I have to spend money on something off their wedding registry.  Or does it depend on the person getting married? 

Edited by Maxito

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

I'm pretty sure I will get killed for posting this, lol. First, I am frugal about spending money before I state my thoughts (I know that is not a reasonable excuse). 

I know the primary etiquette when going to weddings: you RSVP and get a buy them something off their wedding registry. This is fine because they spend a lot of money celebrating their day with family and friends. Are you required to buy the married couple gifts from their wedding registry if they are having their wedding in another country (Peru)? If I have to spend more than $500 + on airfare, lodging, food, etc, I don't think I have to spend money on something off their wedding registry.  Or does it depend on the person getting married? 

I think you decide to go to the wedding you are require art buy a gift.

2 hours ago, Maxito said:

I had to fly from Guam to DC for my sister's wedding. I got her a card and said the gift was my presence. She understood and I'm sure they will too.

• Thumb up 2

Bottomless brunch venue on 14th st was bout to descend into anarchy just as we were leaving.  Gen Z in the wild provide so much entertainment.  

On 2/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, Maxito said:

I don’t think this deserves killing you, but my rule of thumb is if they feed you, you get them a gift. If everything on the registry is out of your price range, then give them some cash. If you can’t swing the travel and a gift, then you should send your regrets and skip the wedding. 

Replaced the headlight assembly on my truck.  The old ones were foggier than my mind this morning when I woke up.  Minimal damage, one plastic tab.  It was just at the cusp of my mechanical ability.  Hard to figure how they made it so hard, had to take the grill off and do a bolt blind above the inside of the wheel wells.  Proud of myself 😎.

IMG_20240212_102704049_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 5