Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Any DMV peeps been to Officina at The Wharf? Thinking of going there in December & sitting at the rooftop firepits...

Yes, have been twice.  Went there for my 10 year anniversary.  Went there because of the amazing outdoor rooftop space (this was 8/2020, so outdoors was critical).  The outdoor space is great, the food is very good, just shy of spectacular.  Have not been during the winter, so let me know how the firepits are. 

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I have not, but I can highly recommend Del Mar and Moon Rabbit.

Also, the Pendry is now open!

https://www.pendry.com/washington-dc/

Del Mar is good, but I got the feeling that Trabocchi just wanted to put something at the Wharf so he could charge 25% more.  Not his best place.  Have not been to Moon Rabbit.

Going to St. Anselm this weekend for a gigantic birthday steak. :)

• Thanks 1

Big Monday, indeed!  Got my new (old) job at the Italian place where I was working until October of '20.  Celebrated with lunch at the BBQ place, plenty of leftovers for dinner.  Bought 3 pairs of new pants, they're at my tailor getting altered. 

Setting up the strobe lights and decor.  Got the candy a little while ago, pickins were slim, but I knew if I got the good chocolate stuff early it would be gone by now. :ols:

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, Warhead36 said:

Singles or doubles? Same gender or mixed? I noticed mixed doubles tends to be easier. I haven't done any leagues or tournaments yet but planning on playing 4.0 in men's doubles but 3.5 in mixed doubles(the wife isn't quite as good but getting better, I actually think she should play 3.0 but I could probably play 1v2 in 3.0 and win lolol).

Singles on the flip side I heard is super hard. A guy I play with who I consider very good played 3.0 singles and got stomped. Apparently lots of baggers.

Ultimately anything that has cash prizes will always have sand baggers. Dealt with many in my volleyball days.

So my league is 4.0 but they are bunch of mixed teams, as well as all male and all female teams. 

I think my boys just stopped a porch raider at 10:30 tonight. Looking back at my cameras, I saw a package delivered at 6:30. I’m sitting upstairs listening to music, drinking and I have the windows open. From outside you can’t really tell if my windows are open or not or whether there is anyone in the upstairs loft. 

My crazy little Border Collie started barking and my Aussie started huffing. Usually it is a nighttime egret that comes around. So, I take my time and walk to the window and notice a guy at the end of my walkway standing there with a dog in a red lighted collar. 2 seconds later, I see a woman walk from my front door back to him and they scurried down the road. No car or anything. I watched them From my window and they noticed me. 

I went downstairs a few minutes later and there were two packages at my door. I know they didn’t drop them off because my camera showed the UPS driver did. It seems she didn’t get close enough to set off my cameras, but my dogs got her. I’m glad I was up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:00 AM, PokerPacker said:

I read something about Cavill actually caring about the original material from The Witcher's books/games, while the show runners don't.  So he might be sick of their **** and doesn't want to help them screw it up any more.

You nailed it, bro...

https://geektyrant.com/news/new-details-surface-on-why-henry-cavill-left-the-witcher-series

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1