Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Going to my first show post covid on Saturday. I've only had the tickets for 2+ years...but it's a unique opportunity to see an Indie band that I like perform with the SF Symphony. Going to the Giants game before hand...so it'll be a long day. Probably will need a decontamination shower when I get home. 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So in two years....

Maybe, I guess.  I think they’ve been trying to get the “subscription” thing off the ground since like 2015.  But…brace yourself…customers don’t like it.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Thanks 1

Who was the poster that used to make the threads about stuff he hated? “So and So Hates Such and Such”. One was about how he hated bodybuilders. Another thing he hated was people who stood still on down escalators. I liked those threads.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

I was a patient advocate for the American Board of Internal Medicine for five years (the maximum allowed tenure).  As such I am still on their mailing list as they roll out new programs and continuing education initiatives.  The one they rolled out recently struck me as one of my kids has shown some trans signals.  He is six, and we will support him regardless (still using he for the time being).  I was just happy to see them pushing for more awareness from the medical profession when trans people often don't feel comfortable going to a doctor or feel recognized for who they are when they go.  The round table they had included some stats worse than I thought going into the presentation.  40% try to commit suicide.  The perceptions of how doctors treat them are worse for Black patients (many studies about this and not just for trans).

Still if ever there was a topic a doctor who got a medical degree 20 or 30 years ago might need an update on, I thought this was spot on.  If you are interested, here is the link for the round table discussion (probably skip the first few min of intro and saying who is who).

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Who was the poster that used to make the threads about stuff he hated? “So and So Hates Such and Such”. One was about how he hated bodybuilders. Another thing he hated was people who stood still on down escalators. I liked those threads.

Westbrook36? 🤔

• Haha 2