Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical- Cincy throws a curveball and take Chase. Would you take Joe Burrow?

RichmondRedskin88

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Hypothetically I can get a date with Katy Perry.

I don't understand why people participate in a thread titled "hypothetical" but don't play by the hypothetical...

If you want realistic, the draft thread exists.

And I'm not sure if you could land Katy Perry... But if you can, good for you. People will look at you like they do Alex Smith.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't understand why people participate in a thread titled "hypothetical" but don't play by the hypothetical...

If you want realistic, the draft thread exists.

And I'm not sure if you could land Katy Perry... But if you can, good for you. People will look at you like they do Alex Smith.

This was me playing the hypothetical game. In the spirit of participation.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

This was me playing the hypothetical game. In the spirit of participation.

Yeah, then you go and say you'd draft a guy that's not on the board in the hypothetical.

Between you and @Burgold I'm not sure who the bigger party pooper is here!

If you guys want, I can come up with nicknames for all the prospects here. It seems like a highly regarded thing I've been doing. Reviews are raving.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, then you go and say you'd draft a guy that's not on the board in the hypothetical.

If you guys want, I can come up with nicknames for all the prospects here. It seems like a highly regarded thing I've been doing. Reviews are raving.

Just as long as the nicknames are hypothetical.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, if you get to hypothetically create a future in which certain events transpire I don't see why we can't create a hypothetical future where cloning has been perfected and there are two Chase Youngs.

Just now, Burgold said:

To be fair, if you get to hypothetically create a future in which certain events transpire I don't see why we can't create a hypothetical future where cloning has been perfected and there are two Chase Youngs.

SEE! This is the kind of stuff I like to see out of you, Burgold. Welcome back!

Now we need @MartinC to come up with a more realistic hypothetical than him landing Katy Perry.

I'm not so sure it's cut and dry that Okudah and Simmons aren't worth turning down a bounty for. I guess it would depend on the offer. If Miami offers a package that includes their top 10 pick, a 2 this year and a first and second next year (at a minimum). As we get closer to the draft we may have a better idea who the Giants and Lions are looking at. If the Giants go offense then we'll still end up with one of Simmons or Okudah. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Not quite Mahomes. Mahomes changes arm angles based on need. Haskins arm angles are based on habits.

Being able to play unconventionally is different than unconventionalism being ingrained in your physical skills. Watch Mahomes on a standard drop back and you see he's much more mechanically sound than that. He's just... a different breed.

He's also coached by Andy Reid and his staff, not written off by a boob like gruden and his staff. I bet mahomes needed a ton of work as well, but his staff wanted him. Dwayne's didn't .

Not saying Haskins is the athlete mahomes is, but I remember a lot of similar criticisms of him coming out, mainly that he needed work and was not pro ready. plus the school and offense he played in weren't viewed as positives.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

In once had dinner with Demi Moore I will have you know!

(Well she was in the same restaurant)

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

That's sort of like how the first time I met Nichole Kidman in person she got naked for me.

I once punched Mike Tyson.

I mean, I was with a high roller who I didn't know but he let me tag along because I was dating his friends' Cousin and we were in Vegas... He was standing next to me and I did one of those loose fist tricep taps as a friendly gesture to show how hilarious he was.

He didn't hit me back, either.

So...

I mean, I was with a high roller who I didn't know but he let me tag along because I was dating his friends' Cousin and we were in Vegas... He was standing next to me and I did one of those loose fist tricep taps as a friendly gesture to show how hilarious he was.

So...

Still a brave move.

All good stories start with 'We were in Vegas ...'

So...

Not at the same level as Mike Tyson, but the first time I met Mike Sellers he choked me.

I was at Redskins Park preparing to do a story for NPR on football fandom and all of a sudden I feel these giant hands around my neck. My peripheral vision failed me! Sellers had snuck up behind me and grabbed me by the neck. He gave a wee bit of a squeeze, let go, and laughed. He is a big dude.

I still can't decide if it was funny or scary... so, I'll go with funny.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes.

QB is still not settled.

It's better to take the chance of ending up with 2 good QB's, than chance ending up with none.

Not gonna bank on Haskins "maybe" developing, when we can bank on Burrow, who is so much higher probability of succeeding than the one we got.

We end up with 2 good QB's, we can always trade one. It's a lot better problem to have, than possibly having zero good QB's

This is a terrible TERRIBLE way of looking at the QB position and makes me question the intelligence of football fans here. What are you gonna do, just switch back and forth with the 1s? Change the starter when the other struggles? Just assume one of them will immediately just mesh with the team with new coaches? Who gets a majority of the reps? How do you alter game plans or even set one in stone when you’re not giving your offense an opportunity to develop chemistry?

Honestly, this isn’t like a WR running routes out there. This is a freakin QB.

Here is another twist....

If the Bengals don’t believe we are interested in Burrow. They could try to trade down to number 3 with Detroit who would probably love to just up to #1 to pick Chase. The Bengals would look like geniuses getting extra picks for moving down 2 spots, and would still get Burrow. This would screw us over big time. 
- So I feel that our front office needs to at least act as if they are very interested in burrow, even if they aren’t. That would make the Bengals worried that we may take him at number 2 and this disastrous scenario gets avoided for us of another team jumping us to get Chase.

24 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Trade back to Miami even if at worse we only get an extra second rounder. Between Simmons, Okudah, Thomas, Willis, Jeudy we’ll get someone we need plus whomever we get in the second.

If we hypothetically traded back to 5 for only a 2nd, and young, burrows, okudah, and Simmons are off the board, that could be the biggest hypothetical draft blunder I've ever heard of.  Hypothetically speaking.

25 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Here is another twist....

If the Bengals don’t believe we are interested in Burrow. They could try to trade down to number 3 with Detroit who would probably love to just up to #1 to pick Chase. The Bengals would look like geniuses getting extra picks for moving down 2 spots, and would still get Burrow. This would screw us over big time. 
- So I feel that our front office needs to at least act as if they are very interested in burrow, even if they aren’t. That would make the Bengals worried that we may take him at number 2 and this disastrous scenario gets avoided for us of another team jumping us to get Chase.

If Chase goes 1, Burrow is going 2. The only question is it to who. Do we make the pick or trade out? He won't last to pick 3.

This assumes of course that he doesn't get hurt Monday which could make the hypothetical real if he were to get hurt.

Archived