Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical- Cincy throws a curveball and take Chase. Would you take Joe Burrow?

RichmondRedskin88

20 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

Keep dreaming.  Why can't Redskins fans simply want the team to do things the conventional way & stop dreaming up all of these pie-in-the-sky scenarios.  BTW - don't be surprised if things actually happen differently & Tua is drafted a lot later in the 1st rd.  We have seen this play out many times in the past w/ sure thing QBs projected to go in the 1st few picks.

I don't think this will happen. I was just trying to exlpain (from my point of view) why the Dolphins might trade up to #3 before trading up to #2.

1 hour ago, dicksogj said:

edit

Keep dreaming.  Why can't Redskins fans simply want the team to do things the conventional way & stop dreaming up all of these pie-in-the-sky scenarios.  BTW - don't be surprised if things actually happen differently & Tua is drafted a lot later in the 1st rd.  We have seen this play out many times in the past w/ sure thing QBs projected to go in the 1st few picks.

This is a HYPOTHETICAL thread and is exactly the right place for ridiculous, pie in the sky ideas to be shared. It's called having a little fun with it. If you don't like it or disagree with the premise of having fun with it, feel free to find another thread. There is a actual draft thread that houses the more mundane but much closer to reality situations. In the meantime, you will have to excuse the rest of us as we have fun with wild scenarios including the initial premise that Burrow in not the first pick that this thread was created for.  

Tua is not going to go late in the 1st round IMO.  There will be interviews, teams investigating, the Combine, all sorts of measures that will be taken to prove that he is healthy.  This kid has a good family, is surrounded by a good set of advisors IMO, and I think it took  time for him to decide whether this was the year to enter the draft. I think he heard things he needed to hear from Orthopedic guys other things he weighed, and this is why he made the decision to enter the draft.

If I am Miami I would roll with Fitzmagic again and draft Tua. 

15 hours ago, skinbuck said:

Burrow has begun to show a lot of character flaws:

1. Arrogance: Getting himself fitted for a ring before the title game

2. Poor Judgement: Admits to Barstool sports that he went out drinking after the win but has no recollection where they went and what they did

3. Lazy: Skipping the Senior Bowl and says will take a full 2 weeks off before starting draft prep

3. Lack of Empathy: Throws LSU and teammates under the compliance bus by admitting to getting real cash from OBJ, because "I'm not a student-athlete anymore so I can say this".

Big Red Flags for this Colt-Brennen replica, System QB who got to throw to 3 First-Rounders and whose noodle arm can't make the throws outside the numbers!

This is so outrageous that I suspect your trolling. If so, well played. :insert kowtow emoji:

If not I’ll respond point by point.

1. Arrogance is a cousin of confidence and a necessary quality for a succesful QB. In fact Joe Gibbs often spoke of looking for “athletic arrogance” when he scouted players. Gregg Williams reportedly used that term when he stood on the desk (figuratively) to convince Joe to draft Sean Taylor.

2. HE’S 23 YEARS OLD AND JUST WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE! What was he supposed to do, spend the night studying his playbook. I don’t even remember what I did New Years eve. Kid gets a well earned pass on this one. Now if it becomes a nightly affair...

3. That was a good business decision. He’s the clear consensus first pick in the draft. Risking his health to prove absolutely nothing, at an all star game, is senseless. I would advise him to skip all but the medicals and interviews at the combine and to only workout during his proday or for select teams in position to draft or trade for him.

3a. Kind of agree to an extent on this. You don’t rat out your teammates when the fake cash cover story appeared to be working. A no comment would have been a better way to handle that but he’s young.

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Kevin Costner is a God.  Don’t hate. :P 

Yellowstone for the win!

2 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

This is so outrageous that I suspect your trolling. If so, well played. :insert kowtow emoji:

If not I’ll respond point by point.

1. Arrogance is a cousin of confidence and a necessary quality for a succesful QB. In fact Joe Gibbs often spoke of looking for “athletic arrogance” when he scouted players. Gregg Williams reportedly used that term when he stood on the desk (figuratively) to convince Joe to draft Sean Taylor.

2. HE’S 23 YEARS OLD AND JUST WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE! What was he supposed to do, spend the night studying his playbook. I don’t even remember what I did New Years eve. Kid gets a well earned pass on this one. Now if it becomes a nightly affair...

3. That was a good business decision. He’s the clear consensus first pick in the draft. Risking his health to prove absolutely nothing, at an all star game, is senseless. I would advise him to skip all but the medicals and interviews at the combine and to only workout during his proday or for select teams in position to draft or trade for him.

3a. Kind of agree to an extent on this. You don’t rat out your teammates when the fake cash cover story appeared to be working. A no comment would have been a better way to handle that but he’s young.

Yellowstone for the win!

Thanks for recognizing the troll potential! Repeating an earlier clarification on this: 

Ok, so this was written tongue-in-cheek, to a) highlight the type of scrutiny he'll now start going through as the draft process kicks in and NFL-types try to unearth any possible minutiae b) draw a parallel to the Haskins critiques, many of which were similarly flimsy.

I do really like Burrow, to be clear. He brings a lot to the table. But I'm also somewhat leery of some of the 'system' aspect of his success, and don't quite view him as a true blue-blood.

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Kevin Costner is a God.  Don’t hate. :P 

He's ok, but he's no Chuck Norris.

If Chuck was a RB for the Redskins, I could be the QB! just hand the ball off to Chuck and the endzone come to him!

If he were QB, the ball would have automatic WR tracking.

If he were on defense, the other 10 guys could sit on the bench. Chuck would take down ANY offense!

If he were on ST, he could kick the ball off, then run down and catch it himself!

Like I said, Costner's ok, but he's no Chuck!  

Just a reminder to everyone who is so willing to dump Dwayne Haskins, he beat out Burrows in an open competition at Ohio State. Burrow saw the light and transferred to LSU.  I remain optimistic that DH will continue to improve and be the QB everyone expected him to be when he was drafted.

4 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Just a reminder to everyone who is so willing to dump Dwayne Haskins, he beat out Burrows in an open competition at Ohio State. Burrow saw the light and transferred to LSU.  I remain optimistic that DH will continue to improve and be the QB everyone expected him to be when he was drafted.

Different systems. Doesn't mean anything

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Different systems. Doesn't mean anything

I acknowledge that Burrow excelled in a different system, but I don't agree it means nothing.  Guys who coach and evaluate talent for a living watched both guys in that scheme and all agreed Haskins was better.  Enough so that they supported Burrows transferring.  I fully expect both can be successful in the right scheme.

3 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I acknowledge that Burrow excelled in a different system, but I don't agree it means nothing.  Guys who coach and evaluate talent for a living watched both guys in that scheme and all agreed Haskins was better.  Enough so that they supported Burrows transferring.  I fully expect both can be successful in the right scheme.

And the same could be said if they were both competing at LSU and not Ohio State. Burrow was a better fit for LSU. Haskins a better fit for Ohio State.

The right system means something, that's for sure. I'm with ya there.

Archived