Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical- Cincy throws a curveball and take Chase. Would you take Joe Burrow?

RichmondRedskin88

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not quite Mahomes. Mahomes changes arm angles based on need. Haskins arm angles are based on habits.

Being able to play unconventionally is different than unconventionalism being ingrained in your physical skills. Watch Mahomes on a standard drop back and you see he's much more mechanically sound than that. He's just... a different breed.

I see Mahomes dailey, it's forced to me living in Kansas City..majority of his misses, or lack there-of misses it's because of his arm angles..throwing sidearm when he didn't need to..STILL not comparing him to Haskins at all, Maholmes is totally something different. 

But at the end of the day and when the smoke clears I feel what you saying in a way, Just hope our guy can turn into something like that at some point

I think we as a fan base should evolve past looking at players as players and start looking at them as assets. I know that sounds cold but that is the game right now. And Burrows is an highly valued asset regardless of what other assets we have at his same position. You acquire assets that you can, and trade them for the ones you need. Thats how I would look at this. 

I don't think there is a bad answer here. I would prefer to trade out as long as you get decent value. There will be trade partners but will they give a good value or try to steal him. If you get a good trade then take it. If not, you take him and figure it out later. But I really think you could get a good enough traded to make it more valuable to trade out. That would still be my first choice. 

3 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

I would be willing to bet that Rivera considers Haskins to be an insurance policy in that part of his "hiring" was probably an agreement to stick with Haskins for at least the 2020 season. So if that doesn't work out Rivera can say that he simply had to play the hand he was dealt. Then they can go QB hunting for 2021 and have another year of grace. Great deal for Rivera, bad deal for the Redskins and Redskins' fans. What else is new?

This is 100% conjecture and you have accepted it as truth lol. It could be as simple as Ron was asked to give the kid a chance. And he will get a chance in training camp just like all the players will. I wouldnt assume he was told he had to keep him, considering its very clear hes doing exactly what he wants with this team right now. 

2 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

I would be willing to bet that Rivera considers Haskins to be an insurance policy in that part of his "hiring" was probably an agreement to stick with Haskins for at least the 2020 season. So if that doesn't work out Rivera can say that he simply had to play the hand he was dealt. Then they can go QB hunting for 2021 and have another year of grace. Great deal for Rivera, bad deal for the Redskins and Redskins' fans. What else is new?

That would be the wrong way to begin your coaching tenure with two or three franchise quarterbacks in the 2020 draft. Why start with the notion of failure all to save face for one year? I bet the condition of his hiring was telling Dan it's my way or the highway?

1. If I am convinced that Haskins has the athletic talent, personality, maturity, and leadership potential for the position AND if I believe he is dedicated, focused and disciplined enough to make the incredible sacrifice in time, energy and will to fight through all distractions before him and evolve into a top 5 to 10 QB over time I hold my water, put the pick up for auction, take the best damn deal available and coach Simba up for the battle ahead.

Full stop.

2. If otoh I believe that Haskins lacks that certain something, that indefinable intangible essence (commonly and inadequately referred to as leadership) that causes men to willingly sacrifice themselves and continue fighting when they are otherwise spent simply because they believe in him AND if I believe that Burrows possesses those intangibles I trade Dwyane and select the man who I believe has the better chance of taking us to the promised land of Lombardis and vestal virgins feeding us grapes, wine and buffalo wings...

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

IMO, you can't just give up on Haskins after almost half a season and then start over with somebody new.  Fans need to have faith in Haskins and let him grow in Scott Turner's offense

No one needs to do anything, sir.

Arizona didn't. And they now have a much brighter future.

I would first look to trade down.  But if there's nothing there to my liking, I'd take Burrow.

I was encouraged by Haskins last game and a half but I think we all got a little over confident.  We can't anoint him as a legit #1 franchise guy after a game and a half.  Sure, he made improvements but I bet you could go back and piece together a game and a half of Patrick Ramsey's performances where you could see he looked like a #1 for a bit.  Or Jason Campbell.

Having two QBs on rookie contracts that can vy for the #1 spot isn't a bad situation.  Burrow seems to be highly accurate and, IMO, that's the most important thing when selecting a QB. 

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So if ima be 100% honest I would say any QB needy team right now would probably take a flyer on the guy if they cant pick up someone better in the draft. Colts, Bengals, Lions, maybe Browns, MAYBE the Vikes.....you get my point. Philthy could be playoff ready next season and Wentz goes down for the season again. I bet you could get them to buy. Lots of options. 

I don't think any of those teams would spend their 2nd on Haskins.  They'd be better off drafting best available QB.

"take a flyer" .... lol.  Remember, these GMs are in the business of winning games so they don't get fired.  Something that's hard to understand for us as Redskins fans, after 20 years of Synder.  The cost to them of bringing in Haskins isn't just the high pick, but also the risk of seasons wasted with him as your starter.

Will there be a minicamp before the draft? If there is, the coaches will be able to see what potential they have with Haskins. Unless, Haskins fails to impress; we are sticking with him.

I would take the bounty of picks. We can draft a QB later if needed. My guess Rivera is going the veteran QB route to be Haskins backup but also be the starter if needed.

We could use th e bounty to fill other needs.

9 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

That would be the wrong way to begin your coaching tenure with two or three franchise quarterbacks in the 2020 draft. Why start with the notion of failure all to save face for one year? I bet the condition of his hiring was telling Dan it's my way or the highway?

Agreed.

Dan is desperate. His impossible childhood dream of owning the franchise that he and his father loved so much has turned into a nightmare.

By the end of last season Redskins Nation had made the leap from anger and despair to outright apathy. 

He had one final opportunity to turn this behemoth of an aircraft carrier in the opposite direction a task for none but the brave and he realized he was in no position to make demands.

This was a deal done on R squared’s terms. 

When it comes to football matters, including who gets hired or fired Rivera is the only shot caller.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No one needs to do anything, sir.

Arizona didn't. And they now have a much brighter future.

Haskins isn't Josh Rosen.  He's much better than Rosen.  I don't think Rivera is ready to give up on Haskins.  If he believes that Haskins is the answer then he'll stick with him instead of trading him away

2 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Agreed.

Dan is desperate. His impossible childhood dream of owning the franchise that he and his father loved so much has turned into a nightmare.

By the end of last season Redskins Nation had made the leap from anger and despair to outright apathy. 

He had one final opportunity to turn this behemoth of an aircraft carrier in the opposite direction a task for none but the brave and he realized he was in no position to make demands.

This was a deal done on R squared’s terms. 

When it comes to football matters, including who gets hired or fired Rivera is the only shot caller.

Good point and I think Ron had all the leverage at the time of hiring and Dan was desperate. If he wasn't hired here he would already be hired somewhere else. Dan was in no position to say play Dwayne this year or else.

It's Ron's boat now and were paddling down the river.

This all to say that evil Dan may be back, just not this year. LOL

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Haskins isn't Josh Rosen.  He's much better than Rosen.  I don't think Rivera is ready to give up on Haskins.  If he believes that Haskins is the answer then he'll stick with him instead of trading him away

How so?  Rosen had a superior rookie year in comparison. Rosen was a top 10 pick in the draft. Haskins was not.   Rivera has no allegiance to any player on this roster. Maybe a little to Josh Norman. That’s it.

5 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Haskins isn't Josh Rosen. 

Agreed.

He's much better than Rosen.

I mean... is he?

I don't think Rivera is ready to give up on Haskins.

I have no way of knowing, so I'm not going to speculate.

If he believes that Haskins is the answer then he'll stick with him instead of trading him away

Well...

Yeah.

4 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Haskins isn't Josh Rosen.  He's much better than Rosen.  I don't think Rivera is ready to give up on Haskins.  IF he believes that Haskins is the answer then he'll stick with him instead of trading him away

Not sure about the Rosen comment because hindsight is always 20.20

You couldn't be more right about Rivera. However the key word is "if".  

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

Fair enough.  If Ron agrees than we are further ahead then starting over. 

He looked good down the stretch, has a report with our WRs and is already comfortable here. Get him a TE or 2 and have Guice/Love stay healthy and our offense has a lot to be excited about. 

Archived